Adkins - Pros and Cons

847 posts
Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Adkins - Pros and Cons

by Extended-Phenotype » 07 Oct 2014 14:05

Froomes Very true.

Rather lose 1-0 than watch the back four act like a pub team and gift the opposition 2 utterly ridiculous goals though

I wouldn't. Rather see us score.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 07 Oct 2014 14:58

thats not an option

the choices are

lose 1-0
or
lose two nil having gifted both goals

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Oct 2014 15:04

I thought it was 1-0 or 3-1?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 07 Oct 2014 16:24

melonhead thats not an option

the choices are

lose 1-0
or
lose two nil having gifted both goals

They won 3-1 you plum

mambo3

by mambo3 » 07 Oct 2014 17:18

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 07 Oct 2014 17:33

:?:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Oct 2014 18:39

mambo3 NA been harshly treated again?

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ne ... ns-sacking

A few familiar names in the line up for his last game.

31 Boruc
02 Clyne
03 Yoshida
05 Hooiveld
23 Shaw
04 Schneiderlin
08 S Davis (Chaplow - 67' )
18 Cork
21 Guly (Ramirez - 74' )
42 Puncheon
09 Rodriguez (Lambert - 55' )

Royal Dee

by Royal Dee » 07 Oct 2014 23:25

urz13 We were crap last season and in the PL under him. We've now got new owners, made 5 supposedly great new signings, and have essentially the same squad as last year, and we're still crap. Especially defensively - I fail to see why ownership issues should excuse the fact that our defending has gotten progressively worse under his 'leadership'.

I don't think it's ever going to work for him here, that's just the case sometimes, the difficulty is seeing it and getting rid early enough.... Happy to be proved wrong but I am confident that I won't be.

Completely agree,

In the 2012 premier league season we had major defensive problems that contributed to our relegation, two seasons on we still have major defensive problems but worse.
Adkins must of had some money to spend in the summer judging from our our signings in the summer yet he didn't address the obvious defensive problems. An established experienced left back, a quick centre back or just any established defender could improve our defence in the the same way Griffin did at the start of MCD era. I dont like comparing MCD to Adkins as thats bee done time and time again on another thread but MCD faced a similar situation a few seasons back when we needed a left back and we had little money, MCD bought Ian Harte for pennies and Griffin before that. Both great experienced left backs for very little money.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 08 Oct 2014 03:34

Royal Dee
urz13 We were crap last season and in the PL under him. We've now got new owners, made 5 supposedly great new signings, and have essentially the same squad as last year, and we're still crap. Especially defensively - I fail to see why ownership issues should excuse the fact that our defending has gotten progressively worse under his 'leadership'.

I don't think it's ever going to work for him here, that's just the case sometimes, the difficulty is seeing it and getting rid early enough.... Happy to be proved wrong but I am confident that I won't be.

Completely agree,

In the 2012 premier league season we had major defensive problems that contributed to our relegation, two seasons on we still have major defensive problems but worse.
Adkins must of had some money to spend in the summer judging from our our signings in the summer yet he didn't address the obvious defensive problems. An established experienced left back, a quick centre back or just any established defender could improve our defence in the the same way Griffin did at the start of MCD era. I dont like comparing MCD to Adkins as thats bee done time and time again on another thread but MCD faced a similar situation a few seasons back when we needed a left back and we had little money, MCD bought Ian Harte for pennies and Griffin before that. Both great experienced left backs for very little money.

You must be fishing but I'll bite. Andy Griffin played RIGHT BACK. Left backs are notoriously hard to find (good ones) and Obita looks to be a good fit with more experience. NA also brought in Bridge who was outstanding the season prior. Ian Harte was great at spot kicks and corners but we all lamented his complete lack of pace. Get your facts straight.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Oct 2014 08:40

PremAddict
Royal Dee

Completely agree,

You must be fishing but I'll bite. Andy Griffin played RIGHT BACK. Left backs are notoriously hard to find (good ones) and Obita looks to be a good fit with more experience. NA also brought in Bridge who was outstanding the season prior. Ian Harte was great at spot kicks and corners but we all lamented his complete lack of pace. Get your facts straight.

Think you need to read again "PremAddict".

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Oct 2014 09:09

sandman Think you need to read again "PremAddict".

MCD faced a similar situation a few seasons back when we needed a left back and we had little money, MCD bought Ian Harte for pennies and Griffin before that. Both great experienced left backs for very little money.

At what point does he not mistakenly suggest Griffin was a left back?

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 08 Oct 2014 10:04

PremAddict
Royal Dee

Completely agree,

Bridge was an appalling signing. Couple of decent games at first, then became average before getting completely crocked and missing the rest of the season.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 08 Oct 2014 11:34

To be fair about Bridge, he did look like our best player when he played. Adkins took a gamble on his fitness that didn't work out - doesn't make him a bad manager.

If I have a criticism though it would be he seems more interested in attack that defence. It's not even that they're bad players but that they make basic mistakes - and all of them who have played under Adkins have done it. Makes me think there is some expert defensive coaching needed. A few mistakes are (almost) inevitable - but recently they've been too frequent to just excuse as individual errors - it looks like something is amiss.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Oct 2014 12:04

Not really disputing that tidius. It was more the accusation of "fishing" about a sensible post that merely contained a small mistake, i.e.read the post again before throwing around accusations.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 08 Oct 2014 12:08

Armadillo Roadkill To be fair about Bridge, he did look like our best player when he played. Adkins took a gamble on his fitness that didn't work out - doesn't make him a bad manager.
Looking again at our injury list, I do wonder if Bridge had signed for another club whether he would have had a more successful season than he did with us.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Oct 2014 12:14

sandman Not really disputing that tidius. It was more the accusation of "fishing" about a sensible post that merely contained a small mistake, i.e.read the post again before throwing around accusations.

I suppose that's fair, I didn't look at it like that.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Oct 2014 13:04

Armadillo Roadkill To be fair about Bridge, he did look like our best player when he played. Adkins took a gamble on his fitness that didn't work out - doesn't make him a bad manager.

At least he's learnt from his mistakes and not bought any more unfit defenders since

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 08 Oct 2014 13:59

I see what you did there^^^

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Oct 2014 14:22

Silver Fox

At least he's learnt from his mistakes and not bought any more unfit defenders since

Think I preferred McD's transfer strategy. At least the shit he snatched from the opposition team in the car park after the game were fit.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Oct 2014 23:51

What's that got to do with it?

847 posts