FAO Adkinsistas

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: FAO Adkinsistas

by P!ssed Off » 28 Nov 2014 19:29

Ian, 4 days ago you said this:
Ian Royal Our position is precarious, but we're no where near doomed. At least we're beating the teams below us like Rotherham and Blackpool. Extend that up the league a little more and it'll see us safe. And safe is all that matters this season.

And now you're telling us that 2 points from the next three games - which includes matches against Bolton (21st) at home, and Birmingham (19th) away, is an acceptable target?

Vs bottom 3rd: P 5 W4 D1 L0 . 13 points
vs rest: P 13 W2 D2 L9. 8 points

The Board: Why shouldn't we sack you, Nigel, you're oxf*rd useless?
NA: Because I'm beating the teams below us.

If he can't beat Bolton OR Birmingham and he's not sacked, then we'll really have to question whether the Thais are paying any notice to the goings on at Reading FC.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Nov 2014 19:37

I know. Because I said it.

And no, I didn't say 2 points from Bolton and Birmingham is an acceptable target.

Are you having some sort of personal problems at the moment? Because you seem to be really unhappy and football surely isn't important enough to provoke this sort of reaction and difficulty in rationalising.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 28 Nov 2014 19:41

Ian Royal I know. Because I said it.

And no, I didn't say 2 points from Bolton and Birmingham is an acceptable target.

Are you having some sort of personal problems at the moment? Because you seem to be really unhappy and football surely isn't important enough to provoke this sort of reaction and difficulty in rationalising.

:lol:
not really, too much free time.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Nov 2014 20:32

floyd__streete
Handsome Man Sacking Rodgers was a mistake

Why was it a mistake? Within a matter of months we'd improved so dramatically that we were talking about a play-off push in Spring having been adrift in the bottom 3 in January. We also enjoyed our best FA Cup run in 83 years. The following season we reached the play off final. The season after we won the title in the thrilling fashion. All without Brendan Rodgers.

We had a really good squad under Bodgers and we were bottom come Christmas. I find the Bodgers apologists incredibly naive. I was stunned when Liverpool appointed him and boy did he get lucky last season and yet still clasped defeat from the jaws of victory.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Nov 2014 20:35

Ascotexgunner
floyd__streete

Why was it a mistake? Within a matter of months we'd improved so dramatically that we were talking about a play-off push in Spring having been adrift in the bottom 3 in January. We also enjoyed our best FA Cup run in 83 years. The following season we reached the play off final. The season after we won the title in the thrilling fashion. All without Brendan Rodgers.

We had a really good squad under Bodgers and we were bottom come Christmas. I find the Bodgers apologists incredibly naive. I was stunned when Liverpool appointed him and boy did he get lucky last season and yet still clasped defeat from the jaws of victory.

And yes, lose the next 2 games and we will be in the real pooh and a decision will have to be made then. This can't go on.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Nov 2014 07:04

MmmMonsterMunch But that's not going to happen Rother. They are getting steadily worse.

Can't remember the timescales but same happened under McGhee IIRC.

Goodness me there were some incredibly dull and uninspiring games under him before it clicked.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Nov 2014 07:22

Ascotexgunner
floyd__streete

I think it is incredibly naive to think that the football Swansea played under him was all down to Martinez and that the football Liverpool last season was all down to Suarez - just as I think it's a little harsh to suggest Gerrard's unfortunate slip was somehow Rodgers' fault.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Nov 2014 09:35

FAO of Floyd - for your own health and sanity don't read Adkins' interview with Get Reading.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 29 Nov 2014 09:58

I think Atkins is the right man for the job. The style of football being played is the best they've played for years.

Once this man is given a chance to build his own team rather than relying on his predecessors dead wood, things will fall into place.

I just wish you bunch of girls would stop throwing your toys out of the pram....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Nov 2014 10:04

He's brought in 5 players and some of those he inherited were good players under McD :|

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Nov 2014 10:08

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nigel-adkins-turn-things-round-8188937

Interested in people's thoughts on this - personally he is having to turn around the stuff that he caused in the first place - although I have to agree with him that he is consistent!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Nov 2014 10:48

RL - same old drivel as usual isn't it?

Next he'll be reciting that Man in the Glass poem.

He is already saying the usual "Norwich are a very good team. They were in the PL last season". So what mate? We were 2 years ago. Stop setting it up for failure.

“I hate losing, but I’m very consistent about what I do" :lol: What's that Nige? Losing? Yes you are I'll give you that.

Just fcuk off please! Cannot stand to listen to him any more.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Nov 2014 10:51

MmmMonsterMunch RL - same old drivel as usual isn't it?

Oof, bit harsh, she only posted a link. Agreed though.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 29 Nov 2014 10:53

:lol:

JIM

by JIM » 29 Nov 2014 10:58

Why do we constantly blame NA for the regular poor performances of our overpaid so called footballers ? Should the cry be players ship up or get out. How can you expect players to play a certain system, if they dont even know which goal to score in, I thought after all these years. we would have mastered offside ,and own goal problems.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Nov 2014 11:10

Pepe the Horseman
MmmMonsterMunch RL - same old drivel as usual isn't it?

Oof, bit harsh, she only posted a link. Agreed though.

:x I see you managed yo stay alive over night then Pepe despite your bad botty :cry:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Nov 2014 11:21

It was coming out of both ends, at the same time. Feeling a bit better, but not out of the woods just yet.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Nov 2014 11:58

Royal Lady http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nigel-adkins-turn-things-round-8188937

Interested in people's thoughts on this - personally he is having to turn around the stuff that he caused in the first place - although I have to agree with him that he is consistent!

what else do you expect. The underlying message is the same as any manager would give. It's in Adkins normal positive, upbeat style.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Nov 2014 13:19

I don't expect a lot of flannel - I expect him to admit it's not good enough and he'll be making changes - I don't want to hear about his blooming positivity - what is there to be positive about with the way we've been playing? If we win today - it will be fortunate, he's never positive about beating the opposition he always bigs them up

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Nov 2014 17:18

There's plenty of positives. What you want is ridiculous.

Told you all we'd do better than losing all three.

3 wins in 7 is it now? Previously 0 in 6?