FAO Adkinsistas

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: FAO Adkinsistas

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Nov 2014 17:25

Does this mean we can lose against Bolton and Birmingham now?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Nov 2014 17:26

Not sure of your maths there Ian

Terrible result today. Not sure how some posters will sleep tonight after such a setback. Wrist slashing in some RG postcodes I suspect.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 29 Nov 2014 17:57

Thoughts are with the team board tonight. These must be very difficult times for you all.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 29 Nov 2014 21:13

What, playing like that? I don't think so.

Same old same old, performance-wise.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Nov 2014 09:23

Ian Royal There's plenty of positives. What you want is ridiculous.

Told you all we'd do better than losing all three.

3 wins in 7 is it now? Previously 0 in 6?

Ian it's very very hard for people to admit that they might be wrong.

It doesn't matter where we finish now this season some people have taken an irrational dislike to the guy and nothing is going to change that.

In reality....

"I am very disappointed in the team and the gutless performances of certain players have not been good enough - changes will be made."

...would result in the very same people accusing him of destroying team morale, losing the dressing room and being unduly negative just when the players needed leadership and a positive attitude from their manager to help them handle the challenges they were facing.

He won't win them over. In the extremely unlikely event of promotion they'd still have permatan and cliche-man to fall back on I guess.

Nuremberg Royal

by Nuremberg Royal » 30 Nov 2014 10:28

Spot on RR

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Nov 2014 10:31

Except I didn't say anything about gutless players. Adkins needs to get a grip on reality, not us. We have had some abysmal games and instead of admitting that and saying we should do better, he talks about a 10 minute spell where we passed the ball well. His favourite word is positive - well, to some of us who actually watch games and feel entitled to express an opinion on here more than some, the players don't share his positivity. Yesterday's win was excellent but it doesn't mean we are now playing like we should be. Where were our forwards for example?

Nuremberg Royal

by Nuremberg Royal » 30 Nov 2014 10:51

I know of many people that watch every game and have completely different views at the end of them.
I guess you see what you want to see.....my mind drifts back to Reading v Scunthorpe when Rodgers was in charge .
My privileged seats for this game had me directly opposite 2 Swansea representatives who obviously saw something different to a number of our own supporters.
They looked very bemused at various cries from sections of the crowd to"get on with it". I'll let you interpret what that means.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Nov 2014 11:06

Handsome Man Thoughts are with the team board tonight. These must be very difficult times for you all.

Oh terrible to see the team win. It is possible that people can think the manager is an utter cringe inducing tosser and want the team to win.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 30 Nov 2014 11:31

Pardew out

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Nov 2014 13:31

Royal Lady Except I didn't say anything about gutless players.

Ah well, that changes everything! :lol:

You crack me up sometimes.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Nov 2014 13:44

Royal Lady Except I didn't say anything about gutless players. Adkins needs to get a grip on reality, not us. We have had some abysmal games and instead of admitting that and saying we should do better, he talks about a 10 minute spell where we passed the ball well. His favourite word is positive - well, to some of us who actually watch games and feel entitled to express an opinion on here more than some, the players don't share his positivity. Yesterday's win was excellent but it doesn't mean we are now playing like we should be. Where were our forwards for example?

He doesn't need to come out every week and emphasise the negatives just to please you. We all know we're doing badly. It's his JOB to focus on the positives. And we've always known it's his style.

He has criticised performances. He doesn't say we played well when we played badly, but he does talk about what we did right.

He talks up the opposition in public, slightly. And its a valid tactic to take the pressure off the players. What he says in private may ne completely different.

If you start saying how badly you're doing every week you may as well just resign as manager. No one does it.

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 30 Nov 2014 13:56

Royal Rother

LOL. As a discussion between yourself and Ian Royal, that's the absolute epitome of irony.
Given that to you the result is nothing more than two paragraphs in the Sunday papers and 45 seconds on the Football League Show, Id be amazed if you could put together two sentences as to why the events at Carrow Road have proved anybody wrong.

Although you've been told countless times that its not about league position, you still believe it is (Ironically refusing to admit youre wrong). And even if it is, you do realise that the run we're currently on is a whopping 1 win on the trot? Does that mean the #adkinsout brigade were right for all the games in between this and the last win?

So come on, enlighten us - what happened at Carrow Road to prove us all wrong.
To help you out, the main reason people done like Adkins is because they don't particularly enjoy going to football anymore.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Nov 2014 13:59

Lets start at being certain we'd lose. At us only getting worse. At Adkins being clueless to do anything to stop the rot.

Oh look. We won. All wrong.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 30 Nov 2014 14:20

Royal Rother
Ian Royal There's plenty of positives. What you want is ridiculous.

Told you all we'd do better than losing all three.

3 wins in 7 is it now? Previously 0 in 6?

It doesn't matter where we finish now this season some people have taken an irrational dislike to the guy and nothing is going to change that.

In reality....

"I am very disappointed in the team and the gutless performances of certain players have not been good enough - changes will be made."

...would result in the very same people accusing him of destroying team morale, losing the dressing room and being unduly negative just when the players needed leadership and a positive attitude from their manager to help them handle the challenges they were facing.

But that is pretty much what he HAS said about the defence, but he has never changed the back 4, except where forced to by injuries or suspension. So he hasn't done much for morale there. Meanwhile, further up the pitch, unless your first name is Glenn, if you put in a man of the match performance you are guaranteed being dropped for the next game. Which also cant do much for morale.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Nov 2014 15:14

Zana Badawi
Royal Rother

LOL. As a discussion between yourself and Ian Royal, that's the absolute epitome of irony.
Given that to you the result is nothing more than two paragraphs in the Sunday papers and 45 seconds on the Football League Show, Id be amazed if you could put together two sentences as to why the events at Carrow Road have proved anybody wrong.

Although you've been told countless times that its not about league position, you still believe it is (Ironically refusing to admit youre wrong). And even if it is, you do realise that the run we're currently on is a whopping 1 win on the trot? Does that mean the #adkinsout brigade were right for all the games in between this and the last win?

So come on, enlighten us - what happened at Carrow Road to prove us all wrong.
To help you out, the main reason people done like Adkins is because they don't particularly enjoy going to football anymore.

:D I don't go to games, only watch on TV and Internet, never bother with useless highlights packages, and don't read newspapers and you'll never find me commenting on a game I haven't seen.

I still follow Reading and have opinions on things and express them on here.

I guess one day I will stop but in the meantime I t doesn't matter a jot who I wind up, who puts me on ignore, indeed whether anyone finds them of interest etc. etc.

Challenge me on what I say / see, but it's pretty pointless challenging me on details of a game I haven't seen because you know and I know I can't possibly give a valid answer. That certainly isn't going to embarrass me if that's what you're hoping for.

Caversham Royal

by Caversham Royal » 30 Nov 2014 17:27

floyd__streete Q: assuming of course we lose to Norwich and then secure poor results against Bolton and Birmingham.....could you really have any complaints if Adkins then goes, as we will by then be entrenched in the bottom 3 :?:

Saturday's game shows you can never be 'assuming' anything, Pretend-Floyd. Still, you do have the next two games on your list to get you closer to your wish.......

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Nov 2014 17:35

Ian Royal Lets start at being certain we'd lose. At us only getting worse. At Adkins being clueless to do anything to stop the rot.

Oh look. We won. All wrong.

This is what I, personally, said and I stand by it:

Royal Lady I don't expect a lot of flannel - I expect him to admit it's not good enough and he'll be making changes - I don't want to hear about his blooming positivity - what is there to be positive about with the way we've been playing? If we win today - it will be fortunate, he's never positive about beating the opposition he always bigs them up

Caversham Royal

by Caversham Royal » 30 Nov 2014 17:44

Royal Rother
MmmMonsterMunch But that's not going to happen Rother. They are getting steadily worse.

Can't remember the timescales but same happened under McGhee IIRC.

Goodness me there were some incredibly dull and uninspiring games under him before it clicked.

Agree with that. I remember seeing quite a number of frustrating & uninspiring games during the early part of McGhee's tenure. I also remember a lot of similar discontent amongst supporters wondering if things were ever going to improve. Is Adkins capable of the same achievements McGhee's approach eventually brought? The jury's still out on that for me. We shall see I guess, but I can understand folk's patience being increasingly stretched as this season in particular has progressed.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Nov 2014 17:44

Why care what a manager says. None of them do anything but spout cliches, you never get anything insightful, or deep and meaningful.
Personally I have no interest in what Adkins says, whatever the result or performance and can't really see why anyone would bother listening to post match or pre match interviews.
It's almost depressing that football people are generally so inarticulate when cricket and rugby people are able to talk about their sports so well.