FAO Adkinsistas

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: FAO Adkinsistas

by sandman » 30 Nov 2014 18:03

Shame you have to sit through 80 minutes of Rugby to hear them.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 30 Nov 2014 18:08

The rugby commentators I have heard are all oxf*rd who say big hits a lots and the fans don't look able to button their coats up.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Nov 2014 18:13

Because they are too fat or have had their brains bashed to fcuk by too many big hits?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Nov 2014 18:34

Handsome Man The rugby commentators I have heard are all oxf*rd who say big hits a lots and the fans don't look able to button their coats up.

Whereas football offers us Alan Green and Robbie Savage and the fans have their mummies to button their coats ....

In other comparisons, rugby and cricket commentators know the laws of their sports whereas football commentators have no idea.....

Straying a little off the point I'm afraid !!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Nov 2014 18:37

Royal Rother Because they are too fat or have had their brains bashed to fcuk by too many big hits?

It's great that rugby players who've been mashed to bits by lots of big hits are still capable of completing sentences, whilst footballers with their pampered non contact sport all sound like they've had fairly major head trauma.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Nov 2014 18:46

Do we really have to have the old "Rugby's better than football"/"Football could learn from Rugby" stuff? From an outside perspective there seem to be very few rules involved in rugby which I would suggest may be why it's quite easy to know all of the rules.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 30 Nov 2014 19:02

sandman there seem to be very few rules involved in rugby.

:lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Nov 2014 19:17

You may watch it and say differently but I didn't claim it as a statement of fact just that it was how it appears from an outside perspective.

When I have seen it there appears to be three rules: offside, a rule where they have to release the "ball" in a certain amount of time, that the "ball" can't be thrown forward and the move the ball forward rule for dissent that they tried to adopt into football. If you enjoy rugby then good luck to you and nameless. it's just a bit tedious when constantly hearing about how football should adopt such and such from rugby.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 30 Nov 2014 19:23

sandman Do we really have to have the old "Rugby's better than football"/"Football could learn from Rugby" stuff? From an outside perspective there seem to be very few rules involved in rugby which I would suggest may be why it's quite easy to know all of the rules.

That's because they are Laws, just like Football.

if you are going to look andsound like a fool it helps not to do so in public.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Nov 2014 19:27

West Stand Man
sandman Do we really have to have the old "Rugby's better than football"/"Football could learn from Rugby" stuff? From an outside perspective there seem to be very few rules involved in rugby which I would suggest may be why it's quite easy to know all of the rules.

That's because they are Laws, just like Football.

if you are going to look andsound like a fool it helps not to do so in public.

I am well aware that the statement was likely to come across that way and acknowledged so. But hey, if you want to be an arsehole about it then that is your prerogative.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Nov 2014 19:41

Guess the main point is, let rugby be the borefest it is and leave football to continue to be the most popular sport in the world without trying to force the laws/rules/guidelines of rugby on it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Nov 2014 20:00

Royal Lady
Ian Royal Lets start at being certain we'd lose. At us only getting worse. At Adkins being clueless to do anything to stop the rot.

Oh look. We won. All wrong.

This is what I, personally, said and I stand by it:

Royal Lady I don't expect a lot of flannel - I expect him to admit it's not good enough and he'll be making changes - I don't want to hear about his blooming positivity - what is there to be positive about with the way we've been playing? If we win today - it will be fortunate, he's never positive about beating the opposition he always bigs them up

Not everything is about you.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Nov 2014 20:16

Avon Royal
sandman there seem to be very few rules involved in rugby.

:lol:
+1 to Avon, that has to be one of the most preposterous things that I've ever read on here....sorry Sanders

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 30 Nov 2014 20:27

Yeah, but rugby is pretty shit, isn't it...?

Nobody ever really knows what's going on in the referee's mind and it's pure chance which particular offence he decides to blow for 1st - in a ruck / scrum there are about 5 offences per second so he can't be expected to see them all - normally they just blow against England. Nothing like consistency to help the uncommitted observers I guess, at least we know where we stand.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Nov 2014 20:39

Depends whether you are watching or playing I guess.

"normally they just blow against England" ah, so you've encountered Steve Walsh too?

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 30 Nov 2014 20:57

Wahaaaayy!!! And there we go. The HNA armchair Mafiosi hear there is a big win up at Norwich but have got fvck all to bitch about. So let's go off piste and talk a load of sh1t about rugby v football. What a complete bunch off w@nkers.
Now wait for the t0ssers to start the slag off - but those of us that we're actually there had a great time, and cheered the guys on to an unexpected victory which they totally appreciated after current form. When are you going to do your bit? Tw@ts.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Nov 2014 21:09

You have a point Pandas

and agree, god help us should we lose

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 30 Nov 2014 21:14

Pandoras Box Now wait for the t0ssers to start the slag off

When are you going to do your bit? Tw@ts.

Are these the 'tossers' you're slagging off?..............chicken and egg...

What bit did you do?

Well done for going, but do you know why others couldn't/wouldn't make it?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Nov 2014 21:19

Pandoras Box Wahaaaayy!!! And there we go. The HNA armchair Mafiosi hear there is a big win up at Norwich but have got fvck all to bitch about. So let's go off piste and talk a load of sh1t about rugby v football. What a complete bunch off w@nkers.
Now wait for the t0ssers to start the slag off - but those of us that we're actually there had a great time, and cheered the guys on to an unexpected victory which they totally appreciated after current form. When are you going to do your bit? Tw@ts.

Had to work yesterday and I'm sure other people also had things they had to do as well, doesn't mean they don't want the team to win.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 30 Nov 2014 21:23

Nameless
Handsome Man The rugby commentators I have heard are all oxf*rd who say big hits a lots and the fans don't look able to button their coats up.

Whereas football offers us Alan Green and Robbie Savage and the fans have their mummies to button their coats ....

In other comparisons, rugby and cricket commentators know the laws of their sports whereas football commentators have no idea.....

Straying a little off the point I'm afraid !!

?

I see about two rugby games a year on the telly, and from memory, the commentators don't have a clue about the referee's decisions. They can't predict them before they happen, and can't explain them afterwards. Maybe they do have a complete working knowledge of the rules and their interpretations, but they hide it very well when I am watching.