Gunter warns RFC owners.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Gunter warns RFC owners.

by sandman » 26 Nov 2014 20:50

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stand-in-skipper-chris-gunter-issues-8175167

So basically, "Please don't get rid of Nigel, I've been useless for Months and he's the only one keeping me in the team because any other manager would've have dropped my worthless arse months ago."
Last edited by sandman on 26 Nov 2014 20:57, edited 1 time in total.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Gunter warns RFC owners.

by floyd__streete » 26 Nov 2014 20:55

One of the people best placed to help out the manager is, of course, yourself Gunter yet it is you and your team mates who continue to undermine the manager you so passionately defend with your consistently hopeless performances. Put up or shut up.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 26 Nov 2014 21:06

Agree with both posts tbh but despite the terrible decision of making Gunter captain I still don't think its time for Adkins to go just yet.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Nov 2014 22:38

sandman http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stand-in-skipper-chris-gunter-issues-8175167

So basically, "Please don't get rid of Nigel, I've been useless for Months and he's the only one keeping me in the team because any other manager would've have dropped my worthless arse months ago."

Of course he would be grateful to the manager but once again the Adkins out mob are twisting everything that is said in a desperate attempt to get more support for their 'campaign'.

So let's just ignore/dismiss Gunter's words about there being a lot that hs gone on behind the scenes that people aren't aware of and which Adkins has had to put up with.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 27 Nov 2014 09:11

There's a lot of things happening behind the scenes where I work and if I'm sacked I'm out on the dole, so I sympathise with NA predicament

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 27 Nov 2014 09:20

floyd__streete One of the people best placed to help out the manager is, of course, yourself Gunter yet it is you and your team mates who continue to undermine the manager you so passionately defend with your consistently hopeless performances. Put up or shut up.

Well said and end of thread :wink: .

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 27 Nov 2014 10:57

I was only thinking this morning that I wish our captain would be more whiney.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Nov 2014 13:25

Honestly how did this get to be a story anywhere, player in backing current manager shock. :roll:

Of course all players are going to come out and say that a manager should go aren't they....

under the tin

by under the tin » 27 Nov 2014 18:01

Sutekh Honestly how did this get to be a story anywhere, player in backing current manager shock. :roll:

Of course all players are going to come out and say that a manager should go aren't they....

That might, conceiveably, possibly, be because the essence of his interview is about what has and is going on behind the scenes at the club. Label me an Adkinista if you like, and call me naive; but for some stupid irrational reason I reckon he's got a a bit of insight into what's actually happened, and is still happening at the club.
Call me a fool if you like, but I give more credence to his words than those written by keyboard warriors with their own agenda, who have none.
Your team plays badly. Your team gets beat. Sh1t happens. Pogrebnyak is on thousands a week. Paying him £100K more a week is not going to make him a better player. He's not worth the money, but he has a fat contract and there's O*ford all anyone can do about it. Same with Guthrie. Deal with it FFS.
If we wind up being relegated, then so be it. That's football.
Much bigger, much better clubs than ours have gone through it.

Portsmouth Royal

by Portsmouth Royal » 27 Nov 2014 19:42

Sutekh Honestly how did this get to be a story anywhere, player in backing current manager shock. :roll:

He wasn't required to say anything at all. If Adkins had 'lost the dressing room' as some of his detractors insist, one would think the players would likely be conspicuous by their silence....

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 27 Nov 2014 20:32

under the tin

That might, conceiveably, possibly, be because the essence of his interview is about what has and is going on behind the scenes at the club. Label me an Adkinista if you like, and call me naive; but for some stupid irrational reason I reckon he's got a a bit of insight into what's actually happened, and is still happening at the club.
Call me a fool if you like, but I give more credence to his words than those written by keyboard warriors with their own agenda, who have none.
Your team plays badly. Your team gets beat. Sh1t happens. Pogrebnyak is on thousands a week. Paying him £100K more a week is not going to make him a better player. He's not worth the money, but he has a fat contract and there's O*ford all anyone can do about it. Same with Guthrie. Deal with it FFS.

I like the cut of your jib, young master Tin.

Relegation seems pretty unlikely to me, but honestly, I wouldn't lose any sleep. And I'd be back next season anyway.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Nov 2014 01:39

Armadillo Roadkill
under the tin

I like the cut of your jib, young master Tin.

Relegation seems pretty unlikely to me, but honestly, I wouldn't lose any sleep. And I'd be back next season anyway.

I don't, for the reason highlighted.

As apparently you are a Reading fan, explain yourself.

"much better clubs than ours"

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Nov 2014 06:50

Another +1 for young Master Under The.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 28 Nov 2014 13:16

under the tin

Spot on UTT. A player backs his manager. SHOCK!! What were we all expecting him to say and I like the way the paper makes out Gunter is warning them just to wind people up more

mambo3

by mambo3 » 28 Nov 2014 13:41

Gunter also mentioned he is a "Top Manager" and that's been proven in the last 2 years.
"You have to remember what he’s had to work with this last year with everything that has gone on" must make the players feel good about themselves coming from the Captain, great inspirational speech.

Gunter should explain his own performances as well.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 28 Nov 2014 14:18

Gunter isn't going to call for Adkins to go:

Made captain by him
Plays week in, week out

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Nov 2014 15:18

mambo3 Gunter also mentioned he is a "Top Manager" and that's been proven in the last 2 years.
"You have to remember what he’s had to work with this last year with everything that has gone on" must make the players feel good about themselves coming from the Captain, great inspirational speech.

Depends how you want to 'interpret' the comments.

Even the stupidest poster knows we've had a whole teams worth of players out injured. We've had long running ownership uncertainty and financial issues. That is what Adkins has had to work with. Not ideal for any manager and reasonable enough for it to be raised in his defence. Of course you can still argue that he hasn't played the hand he was dealt as well as he should have done. But pointing out that he's been working in less than ideal circumstances is hardly a revelation and highly unlikely to have any impact on the players. They know better than us what issues there have been.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 28 Nov 2014 15:56

Nameless
mambo3 Gunter also mentioned he is a "Top Manager" and that's been proven in the last 2 years.

Depends how you want to 'interpret' the comments.

Even the stupidest poster knows we've had a whole teams worth of players out injured. We've had long running ownership uncertainty and financial issues. That is what Adkins has had to work with. Not ideal for any manager and reasonable enough for it to be raised in his defence. Of course you can still argue that he hasn't played the hand he was dealt as well as he should have done. But pointing out that he's been working in less than ideal circumstances is hardly a revelation and highly unlikely to have any impact on the players. They know better than us what issues there have been.

How many injuries from open play? Most occur in Training
Hes a professional and paid well, ownership should not effect him managing
up and down the country there are managers from all walks of life that have to contend with reduced or no budgets not being available what makes him different. NA did bring in 5 Players.

I would have more respect from him if he said "I oxf*rd UP, I WILL TAKE ON BOARD WHAT I AM HEARING "

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 28 Nov 2014 16:24

mambo3
How many injuries from open play? Most occur in Training

An interesting assertion and I'm not sure I agree - can you list them please?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Nov 2014 16:26

mambo3 up and down the country there are managers from all walks of life that have to contend with reduced or no budgets not being available what makes him different.

Nothing at all. And I'm not sure anyone has claimed that he was.

But unlike some of those managers in all walks of life up and down the country he hasn't moaned and groaned about the hand he's been dealt.

Commendable wouldn't you agree?