5%
Steve Clarke
20%

Total votes: 172
Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Re-poll: Next Manager

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 15 Dec 2014 23:05

Absolutely *amazed* that no-one has gone for that nice Irish fella looking after the Academy until the New Year and then 'Arry Bagpuss as permanent for when he gets the sack on New Year's Day. It'll be 20 minutes off his daily commute from Sandbanks. And he'll "get players in" before the "window slams shut."

Add 'Arry to the poll....

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Dec 2014 23:05

Eaststandman Tim Sherwood is a shoe in at Brighton though isn't he?

Nah, he's holding out for the Forest job.

DaddyKuhl

by DaddyKuhl » 15 Dec 2014 23:06

Not sure. Maybe a plaster until the summer? Perhaps a 6 month deal for a motivator who is cheap and can organise the team enough to keep us up. Then come the summer slash the wage bill further, and bring in someone who will have the opportunity to rebalance the squad and enhance it.

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 15 Dec 2014 23:07

Steve Clarke always seemed so dour and morose at WBA, can't imagine he'd be an inspiring presence in the dressing room and always struck me as an over-promoted assistant. I would worry that the academy might suffer if Dolan were made manager, he's doing such a good job and it's vital to our continuing success. Personally I'd like to see a safe pair of hands such as Mick McCarthy or Kenny Jackett, managers with experience of this level who would be a stabilising force - doubt we would tempt either of them away from their current clubs though.

Ralph Jolly

by Ralph Jolly » 15 Dec 2014 23:12

Not Parky. Excellent player for us, but has been a fairly poor manager everywhere he's been. Hard to say who I'd like but the obvious candidates are not massively inspiring-probably Steve Clarke is the best I can think of.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Dec 2014 23:12

Royalcop Steve Clarke always seemed so dour and morose at WBA, can't imagine he'd be an inspiring presence in the dressing room and always struck me as an over-promoted assistant. I would worry that the academy might suffer if Dolan were made manager, he's doing such a good job and it's vital to our continuing success. Personally I'd like to see a safe pair of hands such as Mick McCarthy or Kenny Jackett, managers with experience of this level who would be a stabilising force - doubt we would tempt either of them away from their current clubs though.

Well we won't get either of those.....

Faithful Son

by Faithful Son » 15 Dec 2014 23:13

Chris Hughton has a good track record in the Champ. Has taken Newcastle, Birmingham and Norwich up, only to be shat on from a great height by his grateful employers. Probably too nice to be a top manager though. It seems you have to be a complete and utter B**tard to reach the top. Which makes me wonder why Roy Keane has never made it?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Dec 2014 23:14

DaddyKuhl Not sure. Maybe a plaster until the summer? Perhaps a 6 month deal for a motivator who is cheap and can organise the team enough to keep us up. Then come the summer slash the wage bill further, and bring in someone who will have the opportunity to rebalance the squad and enhance it.

Must admit this is my train of thought and it does make sense all round. And if said person does really well then no one is going to mind them getting a longer contract.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 15 Dec 2014 23:14

Can't see Pulls either wanting the job or putting up with the cloth cutting even if he accepted the job in a drunken drug fueled moment of madness. Personally think McDermott will get it, and probably the right man for the job considering the utter shower of shite we are at the moment.Could at least get them playing football that would work in this division.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Dec 2014 23:17

Faithful Son Chris Hughton has a good track record in the Champ. Has taken Newcastle, Birmingham and Norwich up, only to be shat on from a great height by his grateful employers.

Point of information - he only took Newcastle up. Birmingham lost in the playoffs and Norwich were already up.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 15 Dec 2014 23:20

Gary Neville

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 15 Dec 2014 23:22

Left-field choices:

Lee Johnson is doing a very tidy job at Oldham
Likewise Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe
Red Nev

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Dec 2014 23:26

winchester_royal Left-field choices:

Red Nev

Wasn't he a right-back?

DaddyKuhl

by DaddyKuhl » 15 Dec 2014 23:32

MmmMonsterMunch
DaddyKuhl Not sure. Maybe a plaster until the summer? Perhaps a 6 month deal for a motivator who is cheap and can organise the team enough to keep us up. Then come the summer slash the wage bill further, and bring in someone who will have the opportunity to rebalance the squad and enhance it.

Must admit this is my train of thought and it does make sense all round. And if said person does really well then no one is going to mind them getting a longer contract.

I just hope our owners don't do something stupid by bringing in a big name 'coach' on a 3 year deal before sacking them afer 6 weeks, then do the same thing 3 times over before settling on the guy who was cheap and did well as caretaker (see Fulham, Blackburn, Leeds). That is my biggest worry now.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Dec 2014 23:39

I don't think they will & I actually think they'll make a sensible decision. Quite excited as to what will happen now TBH.

DaddyKuhl

by DaddyKuhl » 15 Dec 2014 23:44

MmmMonsterMunch I don't think they will & I actually think they'll make a sensible decision. Quite excited as to what will happen now TBH.

I hope you are right, I really do! But after listening to Dellor earlier it has got me a little worried about how much the Thais are intefering with first team affairs.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Dec 2014 23:46

DaddyKuhl
MmmMonsterMunch I don't think they will & I actually think they'll make a sensible decision. Quite excited as to what will happen now TBH.

I hope you are right, I really do! But after listening to Dellor earlier it has got me a little worried about how much the Thais are intefering with first team affairs.

What did you hear that inferred they were 'meddling'? If they own the club & think Adkins was shit then frankly they have every right to pull the trigger. Thank fcuk they have although I think John has definitely had a say in this.

DaddyKuhl

by DaddyKuhl » 16 Dec 2014 00:38

MmmMonsterMunch
DaddyKuhl

What did you hear that inferred they were 'meddling'? If they own the club & think Adkins was shit then frankly they have every right to pull the trigger. Thank fcuk they have although I think John has definitely had a say in this.

Well basically Dellor said that his 'sources' said the Thais kept going down the training ground and talking directly to the players. He said that Adkins implied off the record that things weren't right. He also said that senior players weren't exactly clear cut with their backing of Adkins. By the way I was not saying they shouldn't sack the manager I was merely saying I hope they are sensible in their next choice and don't turn out to be hire-fire back seat managers ala Cellino and the Vhenkys. If you want to hear what Dellor said he said it just after half 6 this evening.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 16 Dec 2014 00:43

I quite like the idea of Clarke as manager but I can't see the fans warming to him. Having thought about it some more Hughton is definitely still my favourite, did fantastic jobs as Birmingham & Newcastle, and wasn't a total failure at Norwich. Sherwood would probably be a laugh, bit of an unknown entity in the managerial dept but certainly an appointment I'd back. Obviously Dolan's welcome to the job and would get the full support of pretty much everyone, probably the most sensible choice.

Going a bit left-field, could Gareth Southgate combine his England role with Reading? Always had a lot of time for him as both a player and a manager despite the Boro relegation.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 16 Dec 2014 01:00

My guess is it will be Dolan as caretaker which will become permanent if he does well.

Don't think the club can afford to give a proven manager a decent contract anyway.

222 posts