Jamie Mackie

Should we sign Mackie when his loan is up in the summer?

Yes
70%
No
21%
Don't know
9%

Total votes: 162
WAZZOCK

Re: Jamie Mackie

by WAZZOCK » 12 Mar 2015 17:40

Insightful as always Dave, well done.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 12 Mar 2015 17:42

Dave-Royal sign Jamie Makie But he could return to Nottingham Foerst

So you are saying that even if we sign Jamie Mackie he may in fact still return to his parent club ?
Do I have this right, or is it just the lack of punctuation throwing me off.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 12 Mar 2015 18:19

SCIAG
RoyallyFcuked I remember when he was playing for QPR he was their top scorer (maybe even Championship top scorer?)

He was Championship top scorer after 7 matches, with eight goals, but by the time of his injury in January he only had nine goals (thanks to a 13-match goalless streak). Taarabt was their top scorer by then.

Cheers, knew it was something like that. I saw us play them away in November of that season, we lost 3-1. Just checked it and Mackie played, must have been part of his goaless streak lol

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 12 Mar 2015 18:49

Dave-Royal I said if we Sign Jamie Makie he will stay, But could go back To Forest when His Loan Period is up !

See how much clearer it is when you drop your online persona for a second and post in readable manner.
Well Done Dave

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Mar 2015 21:37

Still a lot of Unnecessary capitalisation In His sentence though. I Wonder why that Is?

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Sign this guy up Reading,

by 72 bus » 17 Mar 2015 00:50

Forward dedicates goal to newborn daughter
Clutching his bottle of man of the match champagne, Jamie Mackie spoke to Reading FC Player after a magnificent 3-0 quarter-final win over Bradford City and dedicated his goal to his three-day-old daughter.

"That was for my little girl Rose - I'll keep footage of it on DVD on the computer and one day she can have a look...although she probably won't be bothered when she's 12 or 13!

"My wife has been amazing. I've had a lot of tough league games on my mind and this big one coming up - and she knows what I'm like, I'm crazy for my football and she' only been unbelievably supportive.

"She did an amazing thing in giving birth to our third child the other day and I've got a great family and a lot of support. And right now it feels fantastic.

"A trip to Wembley is going to be a great occasion for the football club," the scorer of our third goal beamed.

"The semi-final of the FA Cup is the last stepping stone to playing in one of the biggest games in world football in my opinion - the FA Cup final is massive!

"You grow up thinking about playing in an FA Cup Final, dreaming about scoring in an FA Cup Final. They are the sorts of things you talk about as kids. So it's unbelievable."

"We're playing a top, top side in Arsenal and were under no illusiions - we know it's going to be a tough, tough game. But we'll be going there to try to get into the final - that's the whole idea of playing in the cup, to get to the final.

"It's not about the semi-final, no-one's going to pat you on the back and remember you for that. We're trying to get to the final!"

And Mackie and his teammates took a huge stride to make history and reach the last four for only the second time in Reading Football Club history tonight.

"This football club...everything is here for this to be a Premier League football club capable of sustaining its position in the top league - and to be part of that going foward would be a great thing," he said.

"You could see that tonight, the infrastructure and the fans are there - they've come out tonight and made it a great atmosphere here at the Madejski.

"If we can give them a little bit more of a carrot in the league, and try and get them to come and support us and help us get promoted in the longer term beyond this season, then that's got to be the aim."

Mackie is in impeccable form. His sixth goal of the season followed important strikes at Ipswich, Bolton and a brace at home to Brighton last week and the Nottingham Forest loanee is enjoying life in blue and white hoops.

"I was doing well when I first came here but I picked up a hamstring injury, an injury I'd never had before and it was really frustrating.

"But I always work really hard on my rehab, I got back fit and the physios and the fitness coaches here are great and you come back flying with their help.

"I got my chance and I took it. A lot is made of being on loan and people sometimes think too much about their position in football and their future. All I think about is playing football.

"I don't think too much about who wants me or who likes me, I'm not bothered about all that. I just love playing football and I'm really, really enjoying my time here at Reading."

A semi-final awaits...

Read more at http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... dp1hmPE.99

seanboyd_2

Re: Sign this guy up Reading,

by seanboyd_2 » 17 Mar 2015 01:04

Down to earth footballer that show's fantastic passion for the game no matter who he plays for.

/Salute

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 17 Mar 2015 06:09

I will be gutted if this guy isn`t here next year. but Forest must be watching on with interest

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Mar 2015 07:16

What's his contract situation at Forest, is he out of contract in the summer?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Mar 2015 08:29

His goal last night was so special, i was wary of his quality earlier in the season. Mostly because he hadn't contributed anything, but these last few weeks have dispelled any of that.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 17 Mar 2015 08:38

Great first touch from Mackie when he received the through ball.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Mar 2015 09:18

Sutekh What's his contract situation at Forest, is he out of contract in the summer?

Next summer.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 Mar 2015 11:06

ZacNaloen His goal last night was so special, i was wary of his quality earlier in the season. Mostly because he hadn't contributed anything, but these last few weeks have dispelled any of that.

He certainly has his moments and his quick feet to take that as well as he did last night shows what he can do.

Sometimes his technique is pretty poor though, and his crossing is very hit and miss, much like the rest of our squad to be fair to him though.

If we sign him he'd make a good acquisition but I'd still have reservations about his age and cost but if we can get him performing through the middle like he has of late then he'd probably be worth it. I still wouldn't want to see him playing out wide on a regular basis though.

Love his enthusiasm and work rate though, and that interview even gets a cynic like me believing in him.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Mar 2015 11:12

I think the last few weeks have shown that while he can dribble and beat a man, he's a striker not a winger.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Mar 2015 11:16

Yup.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 17 Mar 2015 11:21

Thanks for the support

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 17 Mar 2015 11:50

Hoop Blah
RoyalBlue
Big Tim He can go back to Forest anytime he wants. I always come away from games complaining about his lack of final ball.

Stuart Pearce is the next manager to be sacked and a new manager who can't buy any new players, due to FFP will want him back.

The lack of final ball like that which set up Pog in the first half yesterday? The lack of final ball like the shots that have gained us valuable points?

A broken watch.....etc etc.

I'd still agree that despite having some valuable contributions over the last few weeks Mackie's final ball is consistently a bit poor, much like most of this teammates unfortunately! HIs work rate and attitude are great yes, and he offers a different kind of option to McLeary down the right hand side, so I could see the logic behind keeping him but I'd still like to think we'll be able to find someone better for the kind of money he's probably likely to cost us.

He's this squads version of Andy Hughes.

That last observation is both nonsense and an utter insult to the man's current form and amazing commitment to the cause.

While the views on this thread from January are very similar to my own at the time, and it has to be said that we are watching a 29 year old seeking the last decent contract of his career, signing him at a sensible price is now a no brainer.

He has been nothing short of sensational over the last few games.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 17 Mar 2015 11:51, edited 1 time in total.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 17 Mar 2015 11:50

ZacNaloen Thanks for the support

Get a room :roll:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 17 Mar 2015 12:04

Woodcote Royal
Hoop Blah He's this squads version of Andy Hughes.

That last observation is both nonsense and an utter insult to the man's current form and amazing commitment to the cause.

While the views on this thread from January are very similar to my own at the time, and it has to be said that we are watching a 29 year old seeking the last decent contract of his career, signing him at a sensible price is now a no brainer.

He has been nothing short of sensational over the last few games.

I still standby that comment, irrespective of his excellent form over the last half a dozen games.

Hughes played a vital role in a very good side but was a limited player who made the most of his talent through hardwork and determination. When he was played through the middle behind Forster he was excellent and a vital cog. When he was played out wide his was inconsistent and wastful on the ball because his technique wasn't half as good as his work rate etc.

I'd say Mackie seems very similar in the way his performances have gone up and down but also in the way his enthusiasm and character are likely to be vital to the group just like Hughes was.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 17 Mar 2015 13:48

He cost Forest a measy £1m. Even if they want their money back, PAY IT!!