Back from the game - Fulham

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Back from the game - Fulham

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2015 20:40

Wasn't at the game, but agree with all the Blackman criticism. Would rather have Dean Morgan back.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Jan 2015 21:12

Smash and grab by Fulham.

We were better team first half but with Fulham having the better chances. Rodajellga (sp) missed 2 sitters, first was shocking.

Second half we we were excellent, Murray on that pitch we would of won that.

Other points:

Someone needs to tell Hector that letting the ball bounce when under pressure is not a smart move.
Robson-Kanu is shit and ineffective.
Fans in good voice, Fulham were silent other than the goals.
We won't get relegated.
Farting at football is disgusting. Someone near me was absolutely rotten.
Basingstoke, Richmond, Putney, Fulham...might revisit that journey next season.

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 17 Jan 2015 21:54

Can't believe we lost - such a sucker punch after a real dominant 20 or so mins in the second half. Proves we need a finisher as quite frankly Blackman's "effort" to score was shocking. If only we still had Alfie or Murray!

Support in good voice I thought and from row ZZ only saw good Urzzzz support and didn't hear FFC even when they scored. Keep playing like that we won't lose many but unless we add to the front line, we won't win many either.

Rocket was entertaining and cheap.........

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Jan 2015 22:31

Was working today so had to listen to the radio. Dellor mentioned a after both Fulham goals that Pearce and Williams were having a spat. Did anyone else see any evidence of this? and were either justified for having a pop at each other?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 17 Jan 2015 22:56

Pepe the Horseman Wasn't at the game, but agree with all the Blackman criticism. Would rather have Dean Morgan back.

I'm tempted to give Woking a call, but we'd end up with two useless players as Woking wouldn't want our Nick

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 Jan 2015 23:30

Truth was that we were unlucky to lose and most comments on this thread are true.

Pearce was good but McCleary really was excellent. Kanu on the other side was balls.

Shouldn't have lost.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 18 Jan 2015 00:13

:x Gutted!
Murray upfront today would of seen us out of sight towards the end but he's gone so won't mention him again
Well at least we can't use the excuse of the front men getting no service as mccleary should have come away with three assist today
Never mind staying positive,

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 18 Jan 2015 07:46

Maguire Kanu on the other side was balls.

I read this on every BFTG thread and see it at the games I attend... yet he still starts each game ........ :x

TheWhisper

by TheWhisper » 18 Jan 2015 08:01

paultheroyal Smash and grab by Fulham.

We had some awful smells around us, in the end I came to the conclusion that it must have been coming from the toilets underneath the stand

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 18 Jan 2015 08:09

Gutted.Blackman :shock: Missed a sitter.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 18 Jan 2015 08:33

TheWhisper
paultheroyal Smash and grab by Fulham.

We had some awful smells around us, in the end I came to the conclusion that it must have been coming from the toilets underneath the stand

We put it down to something rotting in the Thames.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Jan 2015 09:10

It was probably Blackman's stinking performance.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 18 Jan 2015 10:03

Royal Ginger Dellor mentioned a after both Fulham goals that Pearce and Williams were having a spat. Did anyone else see any evidence of this? and were either justified for having a pop at each other?

Did he say who started it?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Jan 2015 10:07

John Madejski's Wallet
Royal Ginger Dellor mentioned a after both Fulham goals that Pearce and Williams were having a spat. Did anyone else see any evidence of this? and were either justified for having a pop at each other?

Did he say who started it?

I heard that for the first. My impression was Pearce, but I'm not sure he said.

yappy

by yappy » 18 Jan 2015 10:09

Saw Pearce and Williams having a bit of a spat after the first Fulham goal, didn't notice it after the second.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 18 Jan 2015 10:40

It may not have been after the second goal but he definitely made a point about the two of them going at it again fairly late on.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 18 Jan 2015 10:52

That was a real sucker punch, we will play a lot worse than that and win this season, but we need to be more clinical.

First half we were average, played the ball well but didn't create anything, and Rodallega missed two great chances.

Second half, we were excellent. Created a lot of chances, and should have been out of sight before Fulham scored. Great header from pog from the corner and there only looked like one team would win it from there. McCleary was excellent in the second half, constantly beating his man and getting some dangerous balls in the box. How no one gambled when the ball went across the box 3 yards beyond me, I still thinking we need a central midfielder who is willing to get into the box more often. We need to make better use of corners. Ok we scored from one but we must have had at least 10 corners.
I will never why Blackman didn't take a touch at the end is beyond me too.

Both goals looked poor from my view. First we let Parker run 50 yards with the ball unchallenged, second we let McCormack pick a pass to the back post.

MOTM-McCeary who had a brilliant second half.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 18 Jan 2015 10:54

Blackman shit. Hal shit. Need a clear out in the summer.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Jan 2015 11:06

Well Blackman's blushes were spared thanks to the usual atrocious coverage of The Football League Show.

How apt that the Fulham programme should have named him as 'Key Striker' - he was certainly key in terms of ensuring their team picked up three points !

Royal Ginger It may not have been after the second goal but he definitely made a point about the two of them going at it again fairly late on.

I saw Williams having a real go at Pearce late on when Pearce conceded a freekick in a dangerous position with a clumsy challenge, which clearly Williams didn't think was necessary.

Watching the replay of their winner it looks like Pearce could and should have been tighter on Ruiz so Williams might have had a go about that too. That having been said, I thought Pearce generally had another very good game and worked wonders as captain talking his players out of bookings, much to the anger of the Fulham fans (the only time they really woke from their coma).

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 18 Jan 2015 11:12

Cureton's Volley Feel I should add that as usual the pub before the game showed an outstanding repetoire..... just a shame the stewards weeded out a lot of our more lively (pissed) support.

:oops:

Only lasted 5 minutes in the concourse before being carted off.

:lol: