Back from the game - Fulham

114 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Back from the game - Fulham

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Jan 2015 19:01

Total phucking sucker punch that
Fans in good voice though

Murray would likely have had a hatful today. If only our left side matched our right

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Back from the game - Fulham

by TBM » 17 Jan 2015 19:10

Clarke out

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Jan 2015 19:14

Thought Clarke's subs were poor tbf.

1-1 away and a straight swap of strikers actually seemed to dampen our attacking (combined with a totally knackered McCleary). Would rather have had Karajan to keep the energy high while shoring up

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 17 Jan 2015 19:14

Best we've played in ages. Could see it coming though. Promising for the future

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jan 2015 19:14

McCleary absolutely on fire, tore their defence completely wragged. Shame we just do not have the people in the centre to cash in on what he provides.

Not sure why Clarke subbed Pog and Cox, unless it was because they were both on yellows and really fired up. Blackman thinks he's a striker/centre forward? Not on the basis of that glaring miss he isn't. Keepers get slagged off for mistakes that cost their teams points. I'm afraid Blackman, who has never had the biggest fan club at RFC, will (perhaps deservedly) get some stick for that miss which cost us so dear.

Great save from Feds in the first half when it looked certain Fulham were going to score from a header.

Ronson-Kanu had a much better game, particularly in the second half.

Pog didn't win many headers but got the one that really mattered! Inches away from connecting with a diving header on the far post soon after (unfortunately his body then meant that HRK lost sight of the ball when probably better placed to score).

Sat in the mixed section I thought our support was excellent. Even when we went a goal down, we seemed to be making far more noise than the home support. The team certainly seemed to be lifted by it. Strangely, some Fulham supporters are rubbishing our support and claiming it was the quietest/worst seen at Craven Cottage this season.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Jan 2015 19:18

I feel quite gutted, we could and should have won that but some how they nick a goal at the end.

The highlight got me was explaining to a lovely lady called Oksana that us chanting "big oxf*rd Russian, we've got a big oxf*rd Russian" was actually a sign that we liked Pog.

McCleary MOTM for me, he looked dangerous with every attack. Still thinking that Blackman could have stretched to get a tap in for our winner.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Jan 2015 19:18

RoyalBlue . Strangely, some Fulham supporters are rubbishing our support and claiming it was the quietest/worst seen at Craven Cottage this season.

:shock: :shock:

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Jan 2015 19:20

PieEater Still thinking that Blackman could have stretched to get a tap in for our winner.

The through ball from McCleary was wonderful

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 17 Jan 2015 19:20

Absolutely robbed.
Good atmosphere though.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 17 Jan 2015 19:22

Good footballing performance let down by having no cutting edge in the box. Should have come away with at least a draw or a win had we had a goalscorer. MaCleary back to his best, Kanu dreadful yet again! Great support but so disappointing in the end. Not sure who should have been marking Ruiz and their first goal was poor marking again. Parker another class for them.

Despite us having most of the control and playing some great passing football they were still able to break away and when they did their pace made them more dangerous than our forwards who seemed to want too much time.

Federici 7
Gunter 6
Obita 6
Pearce 8
Hector 7
MaCleary 9
Kanu 4
Williams 7
Norwood 7
Pog 7
Cox 5

Subs

Blackman 2 - missed a sitter

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jan 2015 19:22

John Madejski's Wallet
RoyalBlue . Strangely, some Fulham supporters are rubbishing our support and claiming it was the quietest/worst seen at Craven Cottage this season.

@ReadingFC not at all haha you were shocking. Worst fans at the cottage in years.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jan 2015 19:25

John Madejski's Wallet
PieEater Still thinking that Blackman could have stretched to get a tap in for our winner.

The through ball from McCleary was wonderful

He tried to use his left foot (when his right foot would have been better as it was further forward) and flick it home. As a consequence he seemed to tangle himself up, miss the ball completely and fall over. It looked like he could just have slid in, and knocked it in with the sole of his foot, true centre forward style.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Jan 2015 19:32

RoyalBlue
John Madejski's Wallet

@ReadingFC not at all haha you were shocking. Worst fans at the cottage in years.

How could we be the worst fans at the cottage for years when Fulham fans go there every other week?

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 17 Jan 2015 19:43

The only team keeping us off the bottom of the table for noisiest fans is Fulham.

Somehow we managed to make 3000 sound like 300 for large periods of the game...

But at least we were louder than Fulham. Truely shocking support :lol:

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 17 Jan 2015 19:46

Feel I should add that as usual the pub before the game showed an outstanding repetoire..... just a shame the stewards weeded out a lot of our more lively (pissed) support.

The Illuminati

by The Illuminati » 17 Jan 2015 19:49

Really disappointing result after a decent performance, but the defending for the goals was shocking.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 17 Jan 2015 19:56

Wasn't at the game but I'd love to see HRK/Blackman in that role Cox is playing at the moment; his goals have dried up and testing something different out doesn't seem like it'd be particularly detrimental.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jan 2015 20:04

kwik-silva Wasn't at the game but I'd love to see HRK/Blackman in that role Cox is playing at the moment; his goals have dried up and testing something different out doesn't seem like it'd be particularly detrimental.

Blackman missed an opportunity that even I would have probably made contact with today! I'm pretty sure Cox would have buried it. I thought Cox had another good game today and came close to scoring on a couple of occasions.

The Illuminati Really disappointing result after a decent performance, but the defending for the goals was shocking.

Not sure about the second goal but I thought the first was more down to some excellent play on and off the ball by Fulham, rather than poor defending from us.

Chelsea/Royal

by Chelsea/Royal » 17 Jan 2015 20:20

Scott Parker head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.

Blackman is an arrogant cock who needs to have a good look at himself. Same for HRK.

McCleary superb.

Pearce played well.

Craven Cottage is graveyard full of wannabe Londoners. Always has been. Can't stand them. ( Chelsea fan talking)

I thought we made a fair bit of noise.

Should have won, didn't take the chances and got mugged.

Mid table at best.

yappy

by yappy » 17 Jan 2015 20:25

Hard to be too critical of that performance, the only real issue is that we were just not clinical enough. I was sat in corporate so probably didn't see the Blackman chance aswell as fans in the away end but looked like McCleary had played him through wonderfully and he just seemed to fall over. In recent years when we would have had Alfie coming off the bench rather than Blackman, we would've won that game. That miss aside McCleary played numerous decent crosses into the box and the likes of Pog & HRK all had decent chances to score.

Don't accept Paddy's criticism of HRK, thought he was decent today, however having McCleary back does make a massive difference.

114 posts