Who do you want in the Semi final (FA Cup)

183 posts

Who you want?

Man Utd
12%
Arsenal
12%
Liverpool
6%
Blackburn
16%
Villa
40%
West Brom
12%

Total votes: 97
TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Who do you want in the Semi final (FA Cup)

by TBM » 10 Mar 2015 07:57

tidus_mi2
No Fixed Abode
tidus_mi2 While I'm not optimistic of getting past Arsenal (if we get there), God I'd love to wipe the smug grins off their stupid faces thinking they're already in the final.

Problem is some of your fans have been smug assuming you're already in the semi.

I'll give you TBM, name someone else.

:|

88 others who have voted in this thread....

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Mar 2015 08:03

What a great draw for the many hundreds of Arsenal fans who live in Reading, a short trip into London for them by train. For the many dozens of Reading fans who also support Arsenal you can be sure that your purchase of half-and-half-scarf will ensure you are treated with the contempt you so richly deserve :!:

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 10 Mar 2015 11:55

The number of people voting Arsenal has gone up from 2 to 7 since the draw was made.

What is wrong with some people?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 10 Mar 2015 12:01

harry
No Fixed Abode
tidus_mi2 While I'm not optimistic of getting past Arsenal (if we get there), God I'd love to wipe the smug grins off their stupid faces thinking they're already in the final.

Problem is some of your fans have been smug assuming you're already in the semi.

That'll be the fair-weather glory hunters who haven't been in the last couple of seasons since we dropped out of the Sky Super Mega Money Grabbing Premier League. Anyone who assumes we are already in the semi is ignoring our recent home form.

And the Evening post.

Get Reading @getreading · 14h 14 hours ago
ARGH! Reading first out #FACupDraw and we face Arsenal! #urz

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 10 Mar 2015 12:17

If we beat the team that beat Chelsea that makes us better than Chelsea. Amirite?

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 10 Mar 2015 19:08

Am actively supporting Bradford in the replay with the hope of avoiding the crashing expensive misery of being on the wrong end of yet another Wembley stinkfist.

FoggyBottom

by FoggyBottom » 10 Mar 2015 19:24

Kevin Friend as ref
... He owes us a few favours.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 10 Mar 2015 19:24

blythspartan Rumour has it Arsenal are delighted with this draw.

If we beat Bradford in the replay, it will be a fantastic achievement for us to get the semi final of the FA cup.

I for one will go and enjoy the day without the pressure of it being a play off final.

I just hope that even if we get absolutely battered, we go and make some serious noise throughout the entire game and make it a complete party.

Win or fcuking lose will I ever get the chance to see Reading in an FA cup semi final again in my lifetime?? No.........

Got to be worth £10 on Reading winning that - the odds must be mega.

They came to the Mad Stad 2 years ago probably thinking they had that in the bag, and it took them until extra time, and even then it went to 5-5 in the 116th minute. Hopefully they'll be as complacent as before and this time we'll punish them.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 10 Mar 2015 19:26

brighton_royal Am actively supporting Bradford in the replay with the hope of avoiding the crashing expensive misery of being on the wrong end of yet another Wembley stinkfist.

who d'you want in the Final?

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 10 Mar 2015 19:44

LUX
brighton_royal Am actively supporting Bradford in the replay with the hope of avoiding the crashing expensive misery of being on the wrong end of yet another Wembley stinkfist.

who d'you want in the Final?

India VS Australia

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 10 Mar 2015 23:06

That really is pretty damn well sad, Reading are on the verge of creating history, and you are worried about a Wembley defeat, if you don`t want to pay, then don`t damn well go.
Yes we might very well get beaten heavily , but in a 100 years time people may well remember the team of 2015 along with the team of 1927 that went all the way to the semi final of the FA cup. who knows. with some luck we might even reach the final.

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 11 Mar 2015 03:01

windermere_royal

That really is pretty damn well sad, Reading are on the verge of creating history, and you are worried about a Wembley defeat, if you don`t want to pay, then don`t damn well go.
Yes we might very well get beaten heavily , but in a 100 years time people may well remember the team of 2015 along with the team of 1927 that went all the way to the semi final of the FA cup. who knows. with some luck we might even reach the final.

Agree with all of this.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Mar 2015 07:30

Reading (or Bradford) have "absolutely no chance" of beating Arsenal in the FA Cup Semi-Final

Just as Bradford will never ever, EVER win at Stamford Bridge from 0-0 and never mind win from 2-0 down.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Mar 2015 07:46

In the last decade we've done lots of things I never thought we would do.

We've won the football league (twice)
We've played Liverpool
We've beaten Liverpool
We've been the equals of Man United in a league game
We've had a player in the England team
We've led Arsenal 4-0

So if we beat Bradford, adding an FA cup semi final AND beating Arsenal would add nicely to the list. If you analyse every game in advance and decide the result is a foregone conclusion you may as well scrub the games and just decide the season using a panel of experts in an office. Looking forward to an epic on Monday and history being made once more.....

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Mar 2015 08:19

Nameless In the last decade we've done lots of things I never thought we would do.

We've won the football league (twice)
We've played Liverpool
We've beaten Liverpool
We've been the equals of Man United in a league game
We've had a player in the England team
We've led Arsenal 4-0

So if we beat Bradford, adding an FA cup semi final AND beating Arsenal would add nicely to the list. If you analyse every game in advance and decide the result is a foregone conclusion you may as well scrub the games and just decide the season using a panel of experts in an office. Looking forward to an epic on Monday and history being made once more.....

Not sure if you're answering me, Nameless,
But I was being ironic.

If we "Play with Pride and Finish with Honour" I'll be happy.

It's a no-brainier that we (or Bradford) "ought" to lose heavily at Wembley, but they play a few per cent off form, we raise our game, Feds has a blinder, it can happen.

Arsenal at 98-99% are awesome, but unlike Chelsea, at 90% they look ragged. IMO at their best they are a joy to watch, but they need to be very close to their best. Unlike Chelsea, they are not a machine that grinds out results when having an off day

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 16 Mar 2015 21:38

See you all at Wembley for the barely lubed fist.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Mar 2015 21:41

88 years since our last semi final. If you'd said 20 years ago that we'd be playing at Wembley in the FA Cup though we'd all have thought that meant the final.

Shame we're likely to be utterly stuffed as we valiantly have our 13th attempt to avoid losing to Arsenal. But on the upside the whole country will be wanting us to win and you never know, just that one off day for them and 11 hyper active over performing Reading players might just do it...

I presume you're all going to be up for the rip off pricing and lack of parking that a trip to Wobbly brings?

Finally this means our trip to Rotherham will be reorganized for a nice Tuesday evening which is going to be tough for those who like visiting the new grounds.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Mar 2015 12:00

melonhead
melonhead beat parky in the QF
avenge the Carling cup debacle Vs arsenal in the SF
revenge on Rodgers in the final

Called on 20th Feb

:lol:

Mystic melons

Believe people, believe

BELIEVE!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Mar 2015 14:37

Sutekh Finally this means our trip to Rotherham will be reorganized for a nice Tuesday evening which is going to be tough for those who like visiting the new grounds.

I think it's likely now that we'll quickly get the points
required for safety

BUT if we don't that game is supposed to be the last Tuesday of the season, now
with just away to Derby to follow.

We COULD be going to Rotherham in the last week, needing to win to stay up...

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Mar 2015 14:41

but who cares?

its the FA cup!

183 posts