BFTG Forrst (H)

214 posts
Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

BFTG Forrst (H)

by Royal Ginger » 28 Feb 2015 17:43

That was a bit crap.

undone by two speculative shots that seemed to defy physics and drop under the bar.

Anything good started and finished with Williams or Pog. There seems to be no way of getting the ball from a dangerous looking attack to our strikers, but we weren't that bad. 3-0 flattered them.

HRK drifted infield too often leaving Obita with no outlet and every cross was over hit. Cox was poor.

The club made a real effort to get an atmosphere going with the pre match, and although it felt a bit forced, it worked (with some help from a bald man on his feet and some over zealous stewards). Sat in the East end of the north stand, and had the best atmosphere in the first half of any game this season or last.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Forrst (H)

by windermere_royal » 28 Feb 2015 17:48

A better performance than the previous 2 home games but a heavier deteat, 3-0 was a joke really. but Forest were prepared to have a dig from range. and it came off twice.
My main gripe is we don`t have a ball winner. or a prediter in front
of goal. why oh why did we bring Cox back. made himself look rather stupid in front of his former employees

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 28 Feb 2015 17:54

Disgraceful stewarding.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 28 Feb 2015 17:57

P!ssed Off Disgraceful stewarding.

what happened?

DaveBanana

by DaveBanana » 28 Feb 2015 17:59

Back The Boys and Make Some Noise! (But not too much or you'll be thrown out)

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 28 Feb 2015 18:00

Royal Ginger That was a bit crap.

undone by two speculative shots that seemed to defy physics and drop under the bar.

Anything good started and finished with Williams or Pog. There seems to be no way of getting the ball from a dangerous looking attack to our strikers, but we weren't that bad. 3-0 flattered them.

HRK drifted infield too often leaving Obita with no outlet and every cross was over hit. Cox was poor.

The club made a real effort to get an atmosphere going with the pre match, and although it felt a bit forced, it worked (with some help from a bald man on his feet and some over zealous stewards). Sat in the East end of the north stand, and had the best atmosphere in the first half of any game this season or last.

Agreeing - all the whingeing on BBC Berks afterwards was a bit over the top; thought we completely dominated them for 15-20 mins in first half but just couldn't score .... and then they scored from two pretty incredible strikes that 9 times out of 10 would just go nowhere near the goal. And suddenly it's a terrible performance? Thought there were some very decent performances actually out there .... particularly Williams and Pog did very well, but Cox wasted our 2 best chances in the first half and seems devoid of confidence. Get a striker in on loan from League 1 - Coventry have a good striker with some pace at the moment who seems to know where the net is, why not bring him in?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 28 Feb 2015 18:09

windermere_royal A better performance than the previous 2 home games but a heavier deteat,

It does say something really when an insipid capitulation is hailed as an improvement.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 28 Feb 2015 18:11

Royalwaster Coventry have a good striker with some pace at the moment who seems to know where the net is, why not bring him in?

I'm sure they'd only be too happy to lend us a striker and carry on their relegation battle without him.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 28 Feb 2015 18:12

Steve Clarke is woeful.

tilehurstender

by tilehurstender » 28 Feb 2015 18:16

Looked dangerous in the first half through McLeary and Gunter but absolutely nothing from Robson Kanu (no surprises there) still took over an hour to have anything on target.
Without cup run think Clarke would be getting more stick as I've yet to see anything to impress.Adkins would be getting slaughtered for Wigan & Huddersfield performances
Not sure how many players are out of contract this summer but big shake up needed

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 28 Feb 2015 18:17

Extended-Phenotype Steve Clarke is woeful.

Not necessarily disagreeing but you surely need to back up this comment?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Feb 2015 18:19

Irvinchangeyaname

Not necessarily disagreeing but you surely need to back up this comment?

How about our last three home performances and results?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Feb 2015 18:21

tmesis
Royalwaster Coventry have a good striker with some pace at the moment who seems to know where the net is, why not bring him in?

I'm sure they'd only be too happy to lend us a striker and carry on their relegation battle without him.

Not sure if you're joking or just unaware.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 28 Feb 2015 18:23

HOOOF

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Feb 2015 18:27

Thrown out for bad language and persistent standing which caused people to complain apparently. So if everyone writes to the club and complains about the bad language and standing up from the Forest fans during the whole game then the club will not let them have an allocation and the away end will be empty when we play them next season.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 28 Feb 2015 18:28

In 2015 I've been to 8 football matches: 7 Reading, and 1 Celtic.

In 2015 I've seen more Celtic goals (4) than Reading goals (3).

:lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Feb 2015 18:32

sandman

Thrown out for bad language and persistent standing which caused people to complain apparently. So if everyone writes to the club and complains about the bad language and standing up from the Forest fans during the whole game then the club will not let them have an allocation and the away end will be empty when we play them next season.

I suspect that the bad language may have come after they had a go at him for persistent standing!

The club have claimed it was because he was swearing near kids. Now I wonder; who are kids most likely to copy swearing from, a guy in the stands or their idols on the pitch? I wonder how many Fs and Cs were uttered by the players and management today.

When my kids were young they were made aware that they might hear swearing at the games they attended but that didn't mean it was acceptable for them to use. Only moment of embarrassment was when my daughter (probably 8 or 9 at the time) was watching a televised game with friends and chorussed 'The referee's a w*nker'!

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 28 Feb 2015 18:34

Which position was he playing?

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 28 Feb 2015 18:36

sandman

I'm not surprised about this happening from the club with the family stand, 2 (two) mascots (male and female to be utterly PC), shirt megablaster, cringy goal music and BACK THE BOYS!!!! *shudder*

The number of times I've been told to sit down by the people behind me when there are 20+ rows of fans in front of me stood up this season is incredible. No, I won't sit down you wrinkly faced CUNT

download

by download » 28 Feb 2015 18:37

sandman

Everyone seems to worry about swearing in front of children at football games. I can promise you my children used to love hearing it !

This was totally unnecessary by the Stewards and it contributed to a generally cr~p afternoon.

214 posts