BFTG Forrst (H)

214 posts
philM

Re: BFTG Forrst (H)

by philM » 04 Mar 2015 19:07

"We all want to lift the atmosphere at home and when fans get on their feet and encourage those around them, it really makes such a difference. Ultimately, we truly believe our fans can use Saturday as the springboard for something special."

So is standing up ok now, or what? How about standing up and yelling for everyone else to stand the f*ck up?

Oh god it's all so confusing :o
Last edited by philM on 04 Mar 2015 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Mar 2015 19:10

There has never been a problem with standing.

It's been said many times that you can stand, there are no rules or laws preventing it.

What you aren't supposed to do is stand up for extended periods of time. So standing up to sing is ok, standing up when we attack is ok. You are just supposed to sit down again when the song ends, or when HRK shanks his cross behind the goal.

It's not too hard, and to be honest in recent times the club has even relaxed the definition of persistent standing.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Mar 2015 19:30

So it would now appear that the early accounts from supporters who were close to the incident in question were more accurate than the statement/version of events initially issued by the club.

Yet still the usual suspects took the club's version as gospel. Thus effectively accusing the supporters, some of whom, as far as I can make out, weren't associated with 'the accused' in any way, of lying.

Fair play to the club for issuing the apology and accepting that the level of 'misconduct' did not warrant the very heavy handed approach but hopefully now people will realise that at least some of the stewards do tend to react in the wrong manner and are over-officious.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 04 Mar 2015 19:35

This looks like a massive win for common sense, a fan friendly approach from the club, and confirmation that we (the supporters) are taken seriously and are valued as more than just paying punters.

At one stage I almost dropped my prawn sandwich and joined in on Saturday. If this sort of thing carries on, I may have to do so again.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Mar 2015 19:42

RoyalBlue So it would now appear that the early accounts from supporters who were close to the incident in question were more accurate than the statement/version of events initially issued by the club.

Yet still the usual suspects took the club's version as gospel. Thus effectively accusing the supporters, some of whom, as far as I can make out, weren't associated with 'the accused' in any way, of lying.

Fair play to the club for issuing the apology and accepting that the level of 'misconduct' did not warrant the very heavy handed approach but hopefully now people will realise that at least some of the stewards do tend to react in the wrong manner and are over-officious.

1. Remove your blinkers
2. Read the original statement
3. Read it again
4. Now explain how the second statement makes the first inaccurate

The first simply says complaints were received. The second says they have investigated and decided the actions as a result of the complaints were wrong.
I'd also suggest you do a few shifts as a steward, ideally when we play Leeds, Sheff Wed or even better Liverpool or Chelsea and you may understand why sometimes the stewards seem a bit over the top. Once you have been spat at, thrown threw a door, surrounded by a dozen drunken louts and more you might just over react once in a while....

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Mar 2015 19:49

West Stand Man
ayjaydee
WoodleyRoyal the seats are only there for punts who like to drink magma hot bovril at half time and to read their f*cking programme

Is it half term?

Play group doesn't have a half term but they do get out early and have time on their hands.

:?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Mar 2015 20:24

Bang on response from the club
Really pleased and quite surprised.
Moaners proven to be divs for complaining about not alot.
Tangos proven to have over reacted and gone too far
Oaf proven to have been badly treated.
Let's hope we get the same atmosphere on Tuesday without steward intervention.

download

by download » 04 Mar 2015 20:39

I'm so glad the club have done this.

Just need a win on Saturday and there will be a good atmosphere on Tuesday.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 04 Mar 2015 22:56

A little spineless from the club in my opinion who should have backed their staff who were attempting to enforce their rules.

The message I take from this is that it's ok to backchat and disobey the stewards.

I would rather see the rules clarified/changed than this soft climb down.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Mar 2015 23:12

Royal Ginger A little spineless from the club in my opinion who should have backed their staff who were attempting to enforce their rules.

The message I take from this is that it's ok to backchat and disobey the stewards.

some people are never happy!

Never thought they'd go this far, for those very reasons.
But personally glad they have.

Really does make both the stewards, and the complainers out to be utter idiots though
:lol: :lol:

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 05 Mar 2015 07:05

Give them both free season tickets for next year a gesture of good will.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 05 Mar 2015 07:16

Haven't they been punished enough?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 Mar 2015 19:28

melonhead
Royal Ginger A little spineless from the club in my opinion who should have backed their staff who were attempting to enforce their rules.

some people are never happy!

Never thought they'd go this far, for those very reasons.
But personally glad they have.

Really does make both the stewards, and the complainers out to be utter idiots though
:lol: :lol:

Do you think the club would have reacted in this manner had people not complained?
I certainly don't.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 Mar 2015 19:31

:? Not sure why you thought anything different tbh.

214 posts