Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes: 90
Lacoste

FAO Clarke

by Lacoste » 26 Apr 2015 04:04

You were picked because you were cheap and local.

You are a number 2 but I don't blame you for trying to better yourself

You have zero success as a manager

Your transfer record is shit. The West Brom fans are still laughing at you

A good manager would be picking up some points by now

Stop hiding behind the FA Cup

You are not a manager

Fuc k off

You are lucky that most of our fans are mongs and they think -"give a manager time" is the right thing to do because they hear it on sky sports. We would if you showed some sign of improvement.

You've looked like a rabbit in headlights since your press conference when you were appointed. I don't blame you, you're just not good enough.

But afterall it's ok because of the FA Cup and you were fielding weakened sides (once) etc etc and now we have nothing to play for so that's why we're shit etc etc :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice guy, joke of a manager.

Clarke out.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Re: FAO Clarke

by Man Friday » 26 Apr 2015 07:28

Lacoste You are lucky that most of our fans are mongs

Class.

When struggling for articulacy, eloquence and persuasiveness of argument, resort to using a slang word for people with Down's Syndrome as a form of insult. Guaranteed to make people think highly of you and to win all arguments.

Alternatively, people with a modicum of intelligence and dignity will think you're low-life scum who are just grateful they don't live near or have to work with.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Steve Clake - New Poll

by Man Friday » 26 Apr 2015 07:51

I agree. Results have been appalling and he has to be judged on results. I think he's a good manager but he's definitely proving me wrong so far.

Martin41

by Martin41 » 26 Apr 2015 08:25

Lacoste You were picked because you were cheap and local.

You are not a manager

Fuc k off

You are lucky that most of our fans are mongs and they think -"give a manager time" is the right thing to do because they hear it on sky sports. We would if you showed some sign of improvement.

You've looked like a rabbit in headlights since your press conference when you were appointed. I don't blame you, you're just not good enough.

But afterall it's ok because of the FA Cup and you were fielding weakened sides (once) etc etc and now we have nothing to play for so that's why we're shit etc etc :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clarke out.

What a delight you are.........

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 26 Apr 2015 10:36

He's done a pretty good job of blaming the utterly abysmal results on an under performing team of disinterested players who can't score in a brothel, ignoring his tactics, team selection and particularly shit set set pieces.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Apr 2015 10:37

Lacoste You were picked because you were cheap and local.

You are not a manager

Fuc k off

Clarke out.

Quoted for prosperity and take it you will do the right thing if/when Clarke is a success next season.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 26 Apr 2015 10:41

PieEater He's done a pretty good job of blaming the utterly abysmal results on an under performing team of disinterested players who can't score in a brothel, ignoring his tactics, team selection and particularly shit set set pieces.

And the fact he's signed 6 players on loan and short term contracts since he joined and yesterday only one started not one of those ended up on the pitch at the end of the game.

And to think there are people on here who want to give him a summer to re build. Heaven help us.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2015 10:48

Yes. I'm not sure how anyone can say that our poor performances are down to him throwing two games and the player's total lack of interest because of the FA Cup / we've been virtually safe for ages. How is that a defence of a good manager?

A good new manager with a future doesn't let that happen. He was brought in because apparently Adkins was the problem and the squad were better than they'd showed. Except results are worse under him. Now it's the squad's fault and team selection, tactics, motivation and signings suddenly have nothing to do with him.

And where has the assertion that he's a good manager come from? He's got one former club where he started well and then faded badly. You can argue his success was based around lucking out on a striker way too good for his team.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 26 Apr 2015 11:01

Like Brendan Rodgers then?

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 26 Apr 2015 11:06

Man Friday
Lacoste You are lucky that most of our fans are mongs

Class.

When struggling for articulacy, eloquence and persuasiveness of argument, resort to using a slang word for people with Down's Syndrome as a form of insult. Guaranteed to make people think highly of you and to win all arguments.

Alternatively, people with a modicum of intelligence and dignity will think you're low-life scum who are just grateful they don't live near or have to work with.

Bore off Scopey......

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2015 11:27

MmmMonsterMunch Like Brendan Rodgers then?

In that both have terrible records for managing Reading? I spose so.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 26 Apr 2015 11:58

I'm starting to think that Clarke is getting quite an easy ride from supporters based on the FA Cup run and the squad that he inherited.
Little has been said of the abysmal signings of Yakubu, Appiah and Knight because Ake and Chalobah have done o.k.
He continues to play the lump of lard that is our no.9 every week regardless of form so his judgement has to be questioned when nearly all of us (and not ALL of us are stupid when judging players) can see how badly the player is doing.

When new managers are appointed there is often an upturn in form, e.g.Pulis at WBA, Pardew at Palace,, Sherwood at Villa,Rowett at Birmingham and they have done it with the same squad, getting more out of players already there.
Unfortunately Clarke hasn't got more out of most of the players and IMHO too many have got even worse, e.g. Norwood, Kanu, Obita. and although it feels as though the defence is better organised the fact is that we keep on giving away the same sort of goals with the full-backs failing to block crosses and the central defenders looking at each other and blaming each other rather than taking responsibility.

He will certainly get an opportunity in the summer to change things around (at least that is the message from him and others at the club) so judgement is on hold but so far it is a case of the jury being out

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Apr 2015 12:03

Clarke is utter shit. He is literally the worst manager we have had in decades. Everyone knows it. Just the ones still crywanking their hate hard-on for Adkins left defending him now.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Apr 2015 13:55

The only ones crying are the ones still sticking up for Adkins who were pleading for people to "be patient" and "give him a chance" but won't afford Clarke the same even though we're playing games with nothing riding on them. The cup run shouldn't be used to defend him to the extent that Snowbell is using it but they do at least show that in games that matter he can get results, something which Nigel failed to do.

Adkins failed, do what you were telling everyone to do when McDermott left and move on.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 26 Apr 2015 17:01

Extended-Phenotype Clarke is utter shit. He is literally the worst manager we have had in decades. Everyone knows it. Just the ones still crywanking their hate hard-on for Adkins left defending him now.

Lol not true. I supported Adkins & defended him on here frequently for a good year or perhaps even longer than that. Then it became pretty clear it wasn't working and I felt it was right for change.

I don't like the chopping & changing & like to support the manager. I don't see what's wrong in that. Given that Clarke has been here 5 months I don't understand why people are calling for his head when he got us to a cup semi. Adkins achieved nothing in 20 months.

He ought to be given the summer to get some new blood in & then judge him over the course of the following 6 months. He's picked up the tail end of a sh1t season at the end of the day and is being harshly judged because of the previous owners and manager's failings.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 26 Apr 2015 17:10

MmmMonsterMunch
Extended-Phenotype Clarke is utter shit. He is literally the worst manager we have had in decades. Everyone knows it. Just the ones still crywanking their hate hard-on for Adkins left defending him now.

Lol not true. I supported Adkins & defended him on here frequently for a good year or perhaps even longer than that. Then it became pretty clear it wasn't working and I felt it was right for change.

I don't like the chopping & changing & like to support the manager. I don't see what's wrong in that. Given that Clarke has been here 5 months I don't understand why people are calling for his head when he got us to a cup semi. Adkins achieved nothing in 20 months.

He ought to be given the summer to get some new blood in & then judge him over the course of the following 6 months. He's picked up the tail end of a sh1t season at the end of the day and is being harshly judged because of the previous owners and manager's failings.

He was appointed in December FFS :lol: :lol: what is all this shit about having "nothing to play for so motivation is low"? when he came in he was talking about making the playoffs. People talk like he was appointed in the end of March.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Apr 2015 18:47

sandman The only ones crying are the ones still sticking up for Adkins who were pleading for people to "be patient" and "give him a chance" but won't afford Clarke the same even though we're playing games with nothing riding on them. The cup run shouldn't be used to defend him to the extent that Snowbell is using it but they do at least show that in games that matter he can get results, something which Nigel failed to do.

Adkins failed, do what you were telling everyone to do when McDermott left and move on.

Ahh, McDermott. Let me guess, you weren't a fan of Brendan Rogers, Sandy?

Hate, like, hate, like... You ever try basing opinions on more than facile patterns?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2015 19:05

sandman The only ones crying are the ones still sticking up for Adkins who were pleading for people to "be patient" and "give him a chance" but won't afford Clarke the same even though we're playing games with nothing riding on them. The cup run shouldn't be used to defend him to the extent that Snowbell is using it but they do at least show that in games that matter he can get results, something which Nigel failed to do.

We have. No one is defending Adkins. We're not crying that he should never have been sacked and we haven't been against Clarke from the day he walked in he club. We're criticising him based on his performance after almost 30 games.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2015 19:12

MmmMonsterMunch
Given that Clarke has been here 5 months I don't understand why people are calling for his head when he got us to a cup semi.

Via the easiest extended cup run we've had in decades.

Huddersfield - midtable
Cardiff - midtable
Derby - reserve side down to 10 men
Bradford - lower league side

Hardly a massive achievement in context. Although given we currently can't beat anyone in our own league it is certainly better than his league form.

And I don't think people are calling for his head particularly. I agree he should have time, so do most people. I just think he's going to be a failure and will be sacked before Xmas, or relegate us. There's a difference between pointing out that he's doing a bad job (which he is) and saying he should be sacked immediately. Although I wouldn't be in the least bit upset if he was sacked.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Apr 2015 19:43

Ian Royal
MmmMonsterMunch
Given that Clarke has been here 5 months I don't understand why people are calling for his head when he got us to a cup semi.

Via the easiest extended cup run we've had in decades.

Huddersfield - midtable
Cardiff - midtable
Derby - reserve side down to 10 men
Bradford - lower league side

Hardly a massive achievement in context. Although given we currently can't beat anyone in our own league it is certainly better than his league form.

And I don't think people are calling for his head particularly. I agree he should have time, so do most people. I just think he's going to be a failure and will be sacked before Xmas, or relegate us. There's a difference between pointing out that he's doing a bad job (which he is) and saying he should be sacked immediately. Although I wouldn't be in the least bit upset if he was sacked.

Fully agreed again!

I'm beginning to think IR has stolen my persona. He only has to start having a go about the man who got us into this fine mess in the first place and I will be convinced of it! :wink:

356 posts