Ake confirmed on loan

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Ake confirmed on loan

by Zammo » 25 Mar 2015 21:02

No Fixed Abode
Zammo
No Fixed Abode Oh - and I forgot to say.

FIRST WITH THE NEWS (again) 8)

Defo need to get out more, m8.

I've been out too much lately m9. Big sesh in Oxford over the weekend. How was B&Q?

Replied within 90 seconds of my post. All too easy 8)

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 25 Mar 2015 21:04

Should get out more m8.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Mar 2015 21:19

No Fixed Abode Oh - and I forgot to say.

FIRST WITH THE NEWS (again) 8)

Diego Costa fwtn >>>>> Ake fwtn

Ptr >>>>> Nfa

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 25 Mar 2015 21:27

A few of us were hoping RFC could get Chalobah for the whole of next season,
but in a recent interview SC strongly hinted we had no chance. He said
something like he'd be going to a much bigger club (than RFC)

Maybe (dunno, but maybe) SC already knows that and is looking for
a long-term loanee for 2015-16

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 Mar 2015 21:34

Really hope we don't flood the side with loan players, especially Chelsea players they are looking to ship on.
One of the nice things about the 2005-6 side was the lack of loan players (effectively). So much better to do things with your own players....
Obviously hope this guy does ok for us, although concerned it means Chalobah is out which will really hurt the cup game

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 25 Mar 2015 21:44

Snowball A few of us were hoping RFC could get Chalobah for the whole of next season,
but in a recent interview SC strongly hinted we had no chance. He said
something like he'd be going to a much bigger club (than RFC)

Maybe (dunno, but maybe) SC already knows that and is looking for
a long-term loanee for 2015-16

Exactly this - would imagine this is with a view to him coming over to us for a season next season and we want a good look at him.

Plus - lets not forget Chabolah is injured.

Plus - we're not safe yet so would rather we didn't play the likes of Kuhl who clearly aren't yet ready.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Mar 2015 21:46

If he helps us get that one win for safety then it's a great deal.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 25 Mar 2015 21:59

Understand all the worries about squeezing out our own youngsters
but getting this sort of class in is the stuff of dreams

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Mar 2015 22:10

I share some of SCIAGs concerns but not to the same extent.

If Kuhl doesn't get any more pitch time in the first team before the end of the season, I'll be leaning towards anti-Clarke, unless we miraculously beat Arsenal.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 25 Mar 2015 22:19

SCIAG Wait, he's cup tied?

Joke signing then. I can tolerate Chalobah/Bertrand/Afobe because they are English, but some Dutch kid from Chelsea to play in dead rubbers? Nah. Play Kuhl.

I mean, I've seen him have decent games on the telly, but I really don't care if he's the second coming of Claude Makelele, we should play someone who is actually going to be with us next season.

It's tempting to jump to "Clarke doesn't really care about our young players", but I think the truth is that he doesn't like midfielders who are less than 6 foot tall - hence his shunning of Norwood and Guthrie, as well as Kuhl.

Totally agree. I did say in my last post about what Clarke actually meant when he was saying about bring youngsters
In and he has been true to his word.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Mar 2015 23:21

winchester_royal Plus - we're not safe yet so would rather we didn't play the likes of Kuhl who clearly aren't yet ready.

As opposed to Nathan Aké, who is proven at this level?

He's just as big a gamble as sticking Kuhl in would be, or recalling Tshibola. Last time they played each other (captaining their sides), Kuhl was MOTM.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 25 Mar 2015 23:59

He will play left back

mambo3

by mambo3 » 26 Mar 2015 07:27

Let's hope that is the case. My argument is that we could end up like MK Dons and have Man City, Man Utd
And Chelsea Youngsters available to us and Not really convinced yet whether SC rates our youngsters, not seen
Any of them yet getting a regular start for the 1st Team whether we win or lose. Cooper being on the bench most of the time does not help his development, should of gone out on Loan.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 26 Mar 2015 08:32

sandman He's trying to get us definitely safe first and then he'll give the younger players a chance.

Which is what he's said as well. Makes perfect sence. Take no risks.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Mar 2015 09:49

SCIAG Wait, he's cup tied?

Joke signing then. I can tolerate Chalobah/Bertrand/Afobe because they are English, but some Dutch kid from Chelsea to play in dead rubbers? Nah. Play Kuhl.

I mean, I've seen him have decent games on the telly, but I really don't care if he's the second coming of Claude Makelele, we should play someone who is actually going to be with us next season.

It's tempting to jump to "Clarke doesn't really care about our young players", but I think the truth is that he doesn't like midfielders who are less than 6 foot tall - hence his shunning of Norwood and Guthrie, as well as Kuhl.
hes shunning Guthrie cos hes frickin awful

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Mar 2015 10:42

I do share SCIAGs concern that our youngsters might not be getting a chance at the expense of another clubs prospects instead but so far I think Clarke has got it right. Chalobah has been a good addition and, although I think he coasts around a bit, he's given us more strength in the middle.

I don't think I've ever seen this new lad play but I'd love for Kuhl to be more involved but only when he's ready. My guess is that this is another signing like Knight that allows Clarke to get his starting 11 for the semi-final as well prepared as possible by having more options in the squad.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Mar 2015 10:53

SC likes players that are flexible in terms that they are adaptable to different systems and formations, guess that also means that to some extent they need to be comfortable playing in more than one position.

Nathan can play central defender, left back or central midfielder. One would presume he has good ball skills and a good range of passing. He has also just signed a 5 year deal at Chelsea so my guess is we're looking at him now to see if he can fit in for a longer term loan next year.

As I've said many times previously, this summer is going to be very active for Reading with a lot of changes both in and out. Some changes could also be very surprising as deals need to be done to maximise the amount of money available under FFP rules so SC can put a squad together that has a chance of challenging for promotion.

Certainly going to prove how good SC is as a manager and whether he has an eye for a player.

Overall anything that gets us safe in the league quickly - another win should be enough - will enable SC to see through the remaining games experimenting with formations and giving younger players more of chance.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 26 Mar 2015 12:17

Delightful. We're now officially Chelsea's feeder club.

#ClarkeOut

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 26 Mar 2015 12:25

Complaining about getting a couple of good loanees from the top club in the Prem... Guess some people are never happy.

Adds much needed depth and options to help us see out the rest of the season and potentially prevent key players from being overworked leading up to the Semi Final.

Ake's a good player, can player a number of positions and gives us a chance to maybe look at him on loan for next season.

Chalobah has been a bit hit and miss at times but is starting to show consistency, he's the best option we have for the type of role we play him in at this moment.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 26 Mar 2015 12:27

In case anyone is in the slightest bit interested, both Ake and Appiah have been unused subs v RFC but not got onto the field of play.