Bradford Pitch invasion fine?

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Bradford Pitch invasion fine?

by windermere_royal » 21 Apr 2015 20:55

philM
windermere_royal So does this mean that every promoted club where there is a pitch invasion this year will be charged?, not condoning it, but surely the FA are setting a precedence?

Promotion is very different. It's usually just a celebration of the team's performance that season. Winning a cup tie and going onto the pitch to goad the losing fans isn't the same thing at all. It's their loss that makes our success, and if a pitch invasion happens under those circumstances there will always be a few morons who want to wind the oppo fans up, or even lob pyrotechnics at 'em. That's significantly less likely to happen with a promotion pitch invasion, unless the promotion has been at the other teams expense, then the FA would probably come down on that one too.

So let`s wait and see what happens after the play-off semi finals if the home team qualify. seem to remember the Watford fans taunting the Leicester fans after the last minute winner 2 season`s ago. looks to me like double standards by the FA.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 21 Apr 2015 21:12

PhilM has explained the difference very clearly between a promotion pitch invasion and the ones under review here.

The Villa invasion was ugly, and came after some other disgusting behaviour (like throwing stuff on opposition fans in lower tiers - NB Wolves for next time).

We would almost certainly have got away with it. But given the following two things:

- they were going to have to crack down on Villa, and the the circumstances at Reading were too similar to overlook
- some tw@t threw a flare into the away end

I expect we're in some (probably quite minor) trouble. With our record over the years of low arrests / most games not needing the TVP we're hardly on the FA's list of trouble clubs.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 21 Apr 2015 21:19

Yeah I explained it too TBF. Anyone who thinks we won't have to pay out is kidding themselves. The only way you can appeal is if you can prove you were helpless to stop it. Which I really don't think we can given how many stewards were covering the away end.

Fingers crossed the fans will stop it now but I doubt it.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 Apr 2015 21:24

We could easily just be warned and given a suspended fine.
Not sure why the number of stewards at the away end should mean we get fined though.

riverroyal

by riverroyal » 21 Apr 2015 21:49

I can't really see why Reading have been charged.

Didn't Villa invade the pitch when they scored during the game?

Reading's invasion was at the end of the game in celebration.

This will happen at numerous clubs around the country over the next few weeks, those celebrating promotion and avoiding relegation.

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 21 Apr 2015 22:39

riverroyal I can't really see why Reading have been charged.

Really? Perhaps you should try seeing things from the Bradford perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGalftOsyE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmU47ydxqg

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Apr 2015 23:13

Hate that the biggest twats in that pitch invasion are the young arseholes, especially the one taunting them about the Bradford fire, probably wasn't born until 10 years after it happened, hell I was born after it and know how classless it is to mock Bradford fans over it.

I blame the parents!

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 22 Apr 2015 01:00

MmmMonsterMunch
Ian Royal I'd wait and see what the outcome is before getting too hysterical about it.

And whether there's an appeal.

Did we get fined after Burnley last season?
Did Derby get fined in 2008?

If not, there's possible grounds for an appeal there. And if Villa are fined, that doesn't mean we should be if the circumstances are different. If we do get fined, it'll be because of the twats with the flare and no one else.

There are no grounds for appeal because it was plastered all over the TV. Apparently they are more lenient with regards to end of season games (i.e. safe from relegation, promotions etc) but they have to rule with more of an iron fist during the season to stop it becoming a pandemic. This is what the football lawyer just said on the radio.

I'd say there are grounds to appeal. Yes it happened, but if the club can prove that they did everything reasonably practicable (extra stewards/police, warnings not to go on the pitch, specially organised lap of honor) perhaps they can get a reduction in the fine.

The bit that looks the most iffy for me is that firstly, arguably, insufficient searches allowed the smoke bombs into the stadium, compounded by the fact that it's happened in that part of the stadium and in the first leg, and secondly, once they were used, teh perpetrators weren't quickly dealt with.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 May 2015 16:32

Villa slapped with a £200k fine for their pitch invasion.

Ouch.

Wouldn't be surprised if ours is of a similar level.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 May 2015 16:42

Well I imagine we'll find out in the coming days what our fine would be like, doubt it will be anywhere near the Villa one.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 May 2015 17:06

it most certainly is not fine. it was a bloody disgrace

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 May 2015 17:53

melonhead

it most certainly is not fine. it was a bloody disgrace

Too right old bean

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 14 May 2015 21:52

winchester_royal Villa slapped with a £200k fine for their pitch invasion.

Ouch.

Wouldn't be surprised if ours is of a similar level.

Shame if that is the case, as £200,000 would be well spent on developing young/promising players. Think twice in future about crazy pitch invasion, whoever you are.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 May 2015 22:23

I'd be stunned if we get a similar level of fine. Considering some of the shenanigans that have gone on with pitch invasions since I think the authorities are making a problem for themselves here.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 May 2015 10:09

Seeing some of the reasons behind the Villa fine it's highly unlikely IMHO we'd be hit with anything similar

1. Opposition players were threatened and put at risk at Villa Park
2. There were repeated invasions including during play
3. The fine was scaled according to Villa's income
4. It reflected the new TV deal
5. Villa have been criticised for poor stewarding

None of the above apply to us.
I'd expect a warning, a smallish fine payable now and a suspended fine. We'll probably be hit by a ground closure, expelled from the FA cup for ever and a compulsory contract extension for HRK.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 May 2015 10:16

Nameless Seeing some of the reasons behind the Villa fine it's highly unlikely IMHO we'd be hit with anything similar

I'd expect a warning, a smallish fine payable now and a suspended fine. We'll probably be hit by a ground closure, expelled from the FA cup for ever and a compulsory contract extension for HRK.

Surely the FA can't be so cruel?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 15 May 2015 12:50

Nameless Seeing some of the reasons behind the Villa fine it's highly unlikely IMHO we'd be hit with anything similar

I can see the flares/smoke bombs being lit and the twat who lobbed it into the away end being the stumbling block - they will whack us with a fine for that

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 15 May 2015 12:56

Bearing in mind the FA failed to get the greatest cup competition in the world sponsored this season, they will try any means possible to recoup some of that lost revenue...I'd expect a fine of similar amount tbh...basically, the amount we would have got from progressing to the semi final...

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 15 May 2015 12:57

I wouldn't expect a fine of a similar level at all, as it was scaled to income.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 May 2015 13:38

TBM

I can see the flares/smoke bombs being lit and the twat who lobbed it into the away end being the stumbling block - they will whack us with a fine for that

Agreed that the thrown smoke Bomb Would be an issue, although any idea how much Bradford or Cardiff were fined for smoke bombs at those games, or how much we were fined for the smoke bombs Liverpool set off ?
Smoke bombs / flares seem to happen quite a lot with no action taken against clubs.