Summer Rebuild

1897 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Summer Rebuild

by maffff » 18 May 2015 14:24

linkenholtroyal so its just the subs you have a problem with really and I don't believe Federici will be here......

4 of 11, I don't see Hamer, Knockaert or Le Fondre as realistic options, Pearce is a personal *I hope he'll be gone and we'll have someone else*. Then Wallace is possibly realistic but I'd be sceptical.

The rest is what we already have and perhaps options we should be looking to strengthening.

Basically all round meh-age.

MEH.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 18 May 2015 14:38

We are going to SUCK

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 18 May 2015 14:43

Don't we already?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 18 May 2015 15:24

I wast saying we would win the league with that team at least I would be a better team to watch.......

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 18 May 2015 19:08

It's hilarious seeing people want Jay Emmanuel-Thomas as he is renowned for being even lazier than HRK who gets slated every single week for his lack of effort! I'd take Le Fondre back in a heartbeat though.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 18 May 2015 20:46

NR_Royal It's hilarious seeing people want Jay Emmanuel-Thomas as he is renowned for being even lazier than HRK who gets slated every single week for his lack of effort! I'd take Le Fondre back in a heartbeat though.

Bolton would too if they could afford his transfer fee ...

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 19 May 2015 22:59

No way Sherlock!

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 20 May 2015 08:38

linkenholtroyal
Kuhl_Runnings
linkenholtroyal The team I would like to see starting next season I have added the signings I believe they are all possible maybe over than knockhaert

.................................................................. Hamer............................................................
Gunter...................................Pearce.............................Hector...............................Obita
Williams
Mccleary............................... Norwood........................ J. Wallace.......................... A Knockhaert

..................................................................Le Fondre..........................................................

Subs
O'Donnell
Mills
Keirnan
E Omuzusi
J.E.T
Karacan
Cox

I would pay to go and see this team and I believe that all of these signings are within our grasp obviously I know there will be Chelsea Youngsters and Knockhaert would probably be a loan to, but it would be a more exciting attacking passing line up.

I'm sure we'd sign two keepers and sell three... and Le Fondre up front alone is a nono, and we can't bloody sign Knockaert, Omuzusi, Mills AND Wallace as well as them.

I don't think we will have a proven keeper as federici and Anderson will not sign. A good affordable option is Hamer. Hamer is a proven championship keeper and a fairly cheep option probably and other than that I think the others would cost no more than 5 million and they would have acceptable wage levels if knockhaert was on loan. also this was just an idea of a reading I would like to see rather than the slow lumpy one of this season

I would be surprised if Reading have any net transfer fund this summer, let alone £5 million. I imagine it will be a case of trying to get people off the wage bill and picking up reasonable free transfers.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 May 2015 09:52

Wallace is off to Wolves.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 21 May 2015 10:27

Is anyone feeling the same as me at the moment?

The club expects us to renew ST's but give us no idea of who is staying and going, what is happening to the players out of contract (as much as they can tell us) what our plans are for new recruits (just a short statement would be useful i.e. we do or do not have any funds etc...and as much as it's the RFC way not to discuss our business in public, saying bugger all is equally frustrating.

My guess is that we have no cash to spend. If so say it and let us make our minds up whether we wish to renew our ST's

In summary man up, sort the PR out and get us back on- side after a miserable couple of seasons.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 May 2015 10:56

Most of those questions have had answers.

We've offerred at least a couple of contracts. It's not even June yet for the who will be released and Clarke's said there'll be a rebuild and the owners will back him.

Nothing is different to any other season in that regard.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 21 May 2015 11:19

Haag Royal Is anyone feeling the same as me at the moment?

The club expects us to renew ST's but give us no idea of who is staying and going, what is happening to the players out of contract (as much as they can tell us) what our plans are for new recruits (just a short statement would be useful i.e. we do or do not have any funds etc...and as much as it's the RFC way not to discuss our business in public, saying bugger all is equally frustrating.

My guess is that we have no cash to spend. If so say it and let us make our minds up whether we wish to renew our ST's

In summary man up, sort the PR out and get us back on- side after a miserable couple of seasons.

Good point - hence you'll see the number of ST renewals drop to an all-time low.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 May 2015 11:24

I prefer the club to say nothing rather than have SJM come out with his speeches about how we've got to cut the cloth or even worse how we plan to push on to reach the promised land (again) or how he believes the current squad is good enough.

I have renewed my ST, but thought long and hard about it - I'm expecting the ship to be stabalised and for the team to then grow and improve over the season. The problem is lack of goals, so signing a striker is a must, although if Federici departs a goalkeeper will be the priority.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 21 May 2015 11:40

For most fans I don't see how the quality of the team effects your decision to renew your ST or not. Ok, if you're a casual who just wants to watch some reasonable football then I can understand how you wouldn't want to spend a season seeing RFC struggling - however for more dedicated fans it's really just deciding whether a ST makes sense for you.

I'll renew as long as my friends continue to do so, I don't have any other commitments at the weekends and the price doesn't go up to much. I wouldn't care if we're getting beat by Eastleigh in the conference.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 21 May 2015 12:22

MK Dons have made a bid for Dom Samuel

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 21 May 2015 12:43

Elm Park Kid For most fans I don't see how the quality of the team effects your decision to renew your ST or not. Ok, if you're a casual who just wants to watch some reasonable football then I can understand how you wouldn't want to spend a season seeing RFC struggling - however for more dedicated fans it's really just deciding whether a ST makes sense for you.

I'll renew as long as my friends continue to do so, I don't have any other commitments at the weekends and the price doesn't go up to much. I wouldn't care if we're getting beat by Eastleigh in the conference.

I think it becomes more of a decision when you have other commitments to weigh up - i.e. how far away from the ground you live, what other commitments you have, etc. If I lived locally and didn't have kids and busy job, it would be a no brainer for me ... but I do, so it is much more of a rational choice.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 21 May 2015 13:07

Royalwaster
Elm Park Kid For most fans I don't see how the quality of the team effects your decision to renew your ST or not. Ok, if you're a casual who just wants to watch some reasonable football then I can understand how you wouldn't want to spend a season seeing RFC struggling - however for more dedicated fans it's really just deciding whether a ST makes sense for you.

I think it becomes more of a decision when you have other commitments to weigh up - i.e. how far away from the ground you live, what other commitments you have, etc. If I lived locally and didn't have kids and busy job, it would be a no brainer for me ... but I do, so it is much more of a rational choice.

I'm sorry but I don't see how the quality of the team makes any difference to that decision. You're either a fan or your not, the good times are meaningless without the bad ones. I can perfectly understand how other factors might effect your choice - do you have the money, do you have mates that are going with you, are the club p*ssing you off in other ways (expensive beer/food etc). But you have to be a bit plastic to decide not to come because we're not very good.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 May 2015 13:49

I presume Royalwaster thinks football began in 2005 when he says renewals at an all time low. :roll:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 May 2015 14:22

To be fair, The product on offer does have an impact on the renewal or no renewal decision.

Team playing well - high demand for tickets, so you might decide to get a ST to ensure you can always get a seat, even if there are games you can not attend, You are see it as a good investment as you think you will get great enjoyment out of attending. If you have kids, they will also be excited to go.

Team playing badly - half empty stadium, guaranteed a ticket for every game if you want one so why not pay as you go and factoring in the games you can't attend, it might work out cheaper, You are also less likely to enjoy the matchday experience and therefore may opt to spend the money on something else that you will enjoy e.g. alcohol. Also if you have kids they may not want to be dragged along.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 21 May 2015 14:34

mambo3 MK Dons have made a bid for Dom Samuel

Doubt it he's injured atm

1897 posts