Aaron Tshibola

Poolyfan

Aaron Tshibola

by Poolyfan » 28 Apr 2015 20:39

Evening all, Hartlepool fan here.

I'm not sure if any other Pools fans have posted on this forum, but I just wanted to make you aware of the impact Aaron Tshibola has made in our fight for league survival this season. He has been a credit not only to himself but also Reading FC and will be remembered as one of the most valuable and popular loan signings in our history.

As you are aware Aaron left his "comfort zone" and travelled to the North East in January. He joined Pools at a time when we were 10 points from safety with a far inferior goal difference to every other club in the league. He made an immediate impact with his strong running and even stronger tackling and brought much need steel to our midfield as well as obvious quality. After his initial months loan, he was given the option of joining Burton Albion who were fighting for promotion but decided that he wanted to stay and fight for the cause at Pools where he has started every game as well as integrating himself with the town and its fans.

There is no doubt that his time at Hartlepool will have made him a better player and as stated above he should be admired for leaving home and travelling so far North to gain experience. He was recently quoted in our local press saying what a fantastic learning curve his time at Pools has been and compared the difference betwen U21 "tippy tappy" footbal and proper mens football where so many livelihoods are at stake. This was certainly the case at Hartlepool with many players, backroom and office staff facing the prospect of losing their jobs if we were relgated out of the league.

Aaron playes his last game for us away at Carlisle on Saturday, and though we would love him back next season I wouldn't be surprised to see him be in and around the Reading first team squad. Our fans have a song for Aaron to the tune Spandau Ballet's Gold (dont ask!) and in what promises to be a relieved carnival atmosphere on Saturday due to us now being safe against all odds, there will be 2,500 Pools fans singing the Tshibola song and giving him the send off he richly deserves.

All the best

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Aaron Tshibola

by paultheroyal » 28 Apr 2015 20:44

Great post and brilliant to hear.

Thanks for sharing.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 28 Apr 2015 20:46

That's great to hear. Our youngsters give even the most pessimistic of us a bit of hope.

Does his name scan with always believe in your soul?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Apr 2015 20:49

Good to see. Whenever I've watched him play for the youth teams he's always looked like he was playing for himself and trying to make himself look good rather than the team. Sounds like his time at Hartlepool and the situation they are in has taken some of that out of his game.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Apr 2015 21:17

That's brilliant to hear.
And we'll done pool

Faithful Son

by Faithful Son » 28 Apr 2015 21:25

Thanks for posting Poolyfan. This is a piece of good news in what has been our worst season for some time. Something positive for us to cling to for next season. My mother is from Hartlepool so I have a personal interest in being pleased our club could be of service to yours

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Apr 2015 21:27

Quite nice to hear something good for a change! Pleased you've stayed up.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Apr 2015 21:33

Great news and glad you've survived.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Apr 2015 22:09

Congratulations - I really thought you were buried for a few weeks.

I always felt Tshibola was too good for that level. He's obviously an excellent technical player, but also has great awareness, he's disciplined and capable of playing in a variety of roles. He's also capable of knuckling down and getting his knees dirty, he's strong and a good tackler. Even if he ultimately doesn't make it here, he's one of our youngsters who will have no trouble flourishing in the lower reaches of the Football League, because he's got so much more to his game than just technical brilliance.

download

by download » 28 Apr 2015 22:15

Great post Poolyfan

mambo3

by mambo3 » 28 Apr 2015 23:03

Well done! done good in League 2, the fans obviously see a good player when they see one and playing in every game
has helped your development.
Should put you ahead of the likes of Kuhl, Tanner, Kelly who will have to follow your footsteps to gain this type of experience.
Next stop League 1 and the 1st Team.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 28 Apr 2015 23:18

I think many people were glad to see 'pool stay up especially those of us in the Jeff Stelling fan club, have followed a lot of the 'pool mathches since he went there, he seemed to settle in very quickley and many of their fans on the forums have spoken glowingly about how well he has done, be interesting to see how he progresses next season as in another season out somewhere or pushing here at the Mad Stad, no doubt he has gained a huge amount of experience up there.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 29 Apr 2015 01:34

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and give us your thoughts - it's really appreciated.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Apr 2015 07:17

That's warmed my cockles.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 29 Apr 2015 07:26

Is he the insinspiration behind you lot 'blacking up' as Bob Marley for the last game at Carlisle?

CrowthorneRoyal

by CrowthorneRoyal » 29 Apr 2015 08:35

Poolyfan

by Poolyfan » 29 Apr 2015 08:51

Is he the insinspiration behind you lot 'blacking up' as Bob Marley for the last game at Carlisle?

Haha no. Fancy dress is a tradition at Pools for the last away game and over recent years we have dressed as Umpah loompahs, Smurfs, Penguins and Thunderbirds. The Bob Marley Theme was organised about 6 weeks ago when we still looked doomed for the conference and the words "Don't worry about a thing..everything little things gonna be alright" seemed quite apt.

We've decided to go ahead with it but have received national criticism from Kick it Out who by all accounts had received 4 complaints which has now made us even more determined to make it work. We've not had a vast number of black players at Pools over the years but the playes we have had have always been very popular and you could not wish to meet a less racist group of supporters.

As I said in my first post Aaron will get a great send off on Saturday.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 29 Apr 2015 09:29

Is his name actually pronounced Tish-ee-bo-la or did you guys just pronounce it that way to make it work in the song?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Apr 2015 09:33

Poolyfan

Haha no. Fancy dress is a tradition at Pools for the last away game and over recent years we have dressed as Umpah loompahs, Smurfs, Penguins and Thunderbirds. The Bob Marley Theme was organised about 6 weeks ago when we still looked doomed for the conference and the words "Don't worry about a thing..everything little things gonna be alright" seemed quite apt.

We've decided to go ahead with it but have received national criticism from Kick it Out who by all accounts had received 4 complaints which has now made us even more determined to make it work. We've not had a vast number of black players at Pools over the years but the playes we have had have always been very popular and you could not wish to meet a less racist group of supporters.

As I said in my first post Aaron will get a great send off on Saturday.

'Blacking up' is the most terrible idea I've ever heard.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Apr 2015 09:47

Especially for a team know as the monkey hangers! Jason Roberts must be having a fit.

sandman Good to see. Whenever I've watched him play for the youth teams he's always looked like he was playing for himself and trying to make himself look good rather than the team. Sounds like his time at Hartlepool and the situation they are in has taken some of that out of his game.

Totally agree with this sentiment from sandman. To me he's always looked like he's too much of a stroller but the OP is really encouraging news as he's without doubt a talented kid.