Pearce to Derby - CONFIMRED

321 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pearce to Leeds

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Jun 2015 17:39

Pearce to Derby done deal according to Charlie.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 03 Jun 2015 18:00

Good.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 03 Jun 2015 18:16

That's a real shame, good defender not far off hitting his best years. We've missed out badly there on either having a decent defender or a big pile o' cash.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 03 Jun 2015 18:23

These new owners are slowly becoming very tiresome. No ambition whatsoever, letting our long-serving players leave left, right and centre with no hope of any decent replacements.

No wonder crowds are falling and no wonder I am distancing myself away from the club.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 03 Jun 2015 18:30

I don't really have an issue with this. He's been ok for us and he obviously wasn't happy with the contract offer, but he has no pace and if Derby are happy enough to pay him big bucks then more fool them and good luck to him.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Jun 2015 18:51

peterroyal76 I don't really have an issue with this. He's been ok for us and he obviously wasn't happy with the contract offer, but he has no pace and if Derby are happy enough to pay him big bucks then more fool them and good luck to him.

Yes, I think it was pretty obvious at the end of the season that the priority for the club was to get back to a Championship wage structure. No idea how clubs like Derby though can get away with offering higher wages, given that they've not even got any parachute payments to fall back upon .... and they must already have spent quite a lot this season. Still given that it was made quite clear to us that we'd not have any transfer money to spend, let's hope SC knows where to go to find some decent loans and frees to bring in .... sooner rather than later!

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 03 Jun 2015 19:13

Royalwaster
peterroyal76 I don't really have an issue with this. He's been ok for us and he obviously wasn't happy with the contract offer, but he has no pace and if Derby are happy enough to pay him big bucks then more fool them and good luck to him.

Yes, I think it was pretty obvious at the end of the season that the priority for the club was to get back to a Championship wage structure. No idea how clubs like Derby though can get away with offering higher wages, given that they've not even got any parachute payments to fall back upon .... and they must already have spent quite a lot this season. Still given that it was made quite clear to us that we'd not have any transfer money to spend, let's hope SC knows where to go to find some decent loans and frees to bring in .... sooner rather than later!

They get 10k plus more fans each home game than us which helps

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Jun 2015 19:18

This kind of answers it:

http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/19188-champion ... s-2013-14/

Interesting reading .... obviously not for this season, but the one before. Just shows how much money we were wasting on wages for mediocre players.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jun 2015 20:09

Mid Sussex Royal
Royalwaster

They also don't have to pay Pogrebnyak, Robson-Kanu and probably Williams, Gunter, Blackman and Akpan far more than they're worth.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 03 Jun 2015 21:29

Was speaking to a Derby fan today. I've managed to burst his joyous bubble that they are about to sign a top Championship defender. He described their current centre backs as slow and poor on the bal, up quite good in the air. I said Pearce would fit in well then!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Jun 2015 22:05

Royalwaster This kind of answers it:

Interesting reading .... obviously not for this season, but the one before. Just shows how much money we were wasting on wages for mediocre players.

Hey, plucky little Bournemouth with their above the median wage bill, 6th highest nett transfer spend and wages accounting for 165% of their turnover. What a David vs Goliath story that is.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 03 Jun 2015 22:44

Mid Sussex Royal
Royalwaster

They also don't have to pay Pogrebnyak, Robson-Kanu and probably Williams, Gunter, Blackman and Akpan far more than they're worth.

But he works so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 03 Jun 2015 23:24

Royalwaster This kind of answers it:

He should of just put a link to the Swiss ramble site.

On Pearce there's no way we'd continue to pay him his prem salary in the championship so he was never going to sign another contract taking a massive pay cut. From his point of view, letting his contract run down and signing on a free with a fat signing bonus is much preferable to staying here on the same wages, but I think we almost certainly offered less than Derby.

In a season where we need to trim the wage bill, he really wasn't worth pushing the boat out for.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Jun 2015 23:39

Somebody change the goddamn thread title

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 04 Jun 2015 12:03

genome Somebody change the goddamn thread title

^ this. CW says all but a done deal to Derby, should be announced latest of next Monday, if not sooner.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Jun 2015 12:46

In talking about youngsters at CB, haven't heard too much about Lasha Dvali. On loan at some Turkish club but already has 2 European appearances and is a full international.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Jun 2015 12:49

Couldn't get a work permit and the Turks have got an option to buy.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Jun 2015 12:57

Pepe the Horseman Couldn't get a work permit and the Turks have got an option to buy.

What are stipulations that go with granting work permits? Is it a case of that's it back you go, or can you re-apply...etc etc. why would a work permit get declined?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Jun 2015 13:00

CountryRoyal
Pepe the Horseman Couldn't get a work permit and the Turks have got an option to buy.

What are stipulations that go with granting work permits? Is it a case of that's it back you go, or can you re-apply...etc etc. why would a work permit get declined?

Based on my knowledge of Football Manager, it's something to do with international appearances.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 04 Jun 2015 13:01

CountryRoyal In talking about youngsters at CB, haven't heard too much about Lasha Dvali. On loan at some Turkish club but already has 2 European appearances and is a full international.

I completely forgot about him until an update on FIFA caused him to appear back in the squad when I started a career mode (very gimpy I know).

I guess he's not coming back as there have been no updates on the OS or social media, and if he's been playing in Europe you'd guess they would point that out.

321 posts