Pearce to Derby - CONFIMRED

321 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Pearce to Leeds

by Royal Lady » 07 Jun 2015 18:19

Ian Royal Think you might need to look up the definition of 'entrenched'. You seem to think it means 'wrong'. It doesn't.

In fact, it could be argued that by rejecting his accusation out of hand without apparently giving it enough thought to fully understand it is a demonstration of an entrenched view.

I know what entrenched means - as I clearly showed by saying that I have liked and supported some managers and chairmen and totally disliked others - due to the way the club has been handled and the way the management have acted. So my views on the club are not entrenched. I, do, however, form my opinions on players and tactics by what I have seen on the pitch - not what I've gleaned from on here or by watching a couple of games on TV. You're another one who belittles others at the drop of a hat. :roll:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Jun 2015 18:22

Jeez. There's the product of a 1950s education right there.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Jun 2015 18:26

Royal Rother Jeez. There's the product of a 1950s education right there.

I was born in 1960. Great reply though.

My views on football are not entrenched - my view of you as an obnoxious know-it-all about RFC have been entrenched since you stated you never go to games. HTH

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jun 2015 18:38

Not sure why you think liking some managers and not others is a sign of not having entrenched views RL. Now having changing views about the same manager, for example, would help.

Although I'm not sure entrenched means never changing. More resistent.

You're being rather aggressive and dismissive about this... one might almost say your virview on whether your views are entrenched is somewhat entrenched...

:)

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Jun 2015 19:00

Oh come on RL.

As I've said many times I don't post about games I've not seen or players I haven't watched, but if I think I've seen enough in the games that have been on TV / Internet to have a worthwhile opinion to share, I'll comment, but you should know that most of my posts are about more general issues than games, tactics and players - for very obvious reasons.

Looks like you are the one trying to belittle my views, not the other way round. These days I don't THINK I belittle anyone for their views on RFC and and have always been completely open and honest about not going to games anymore. I paid my dues down the years though I can assure you of that!

If not going to games leads some to dismiss everything I say out of hand, that's absolutely fine.

Oh and I know perfectly well you are the same age as me but reference to the 1950s was just a little joke. Surely you knew...

You are a good person and I don't know how / why I started to rub you up the wrong way (maybe when I stopped going to games?! :wink: ) - it just seems to be self-perpetuating and a bit silly now as there's no reason whatsoever for us to fall out.

Let's get on.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Jun 2015 19:18

Royal Rother Oh come on RL.

As I've said many times I don't post about games I've not seen or players I haven't watched, but if I think I've seen enough in the games that have been on TV / Internet to have a worthwhile opinion to share, I'll comment, but you should know that most of my posts are about more general issues than games, tactics and players - for very obvious reasons.

Looks like you are the one trying to belittle my views, not the other way round. These days I don't THINK I belittle anyone for their views on RFC and and have always been completely open and honest about not going to games anymore. I paid my dues down the years though I can assure you of that!

If not going to games leads some to dismiss everything I say out of hand, that's absolutely fine.

Oh and I know perfectly well you are the same age as me but reference to the 1950s was just a little joke. Surely you knew...

You are a good person and I don't know how / why I started to rub you up the wrong way (maybe when I stopped going to games?! :wink: ) - it just seems to be self-perpetuating and a bit silly now as there's no reason whatsoever for us to fall out.

Let's get on.

It's the way you speak to me. I'm not going to stop posting though - whether people like/agree/ couldn't give a flying one what I might say. Ian, on the other hand, would argue with me if I said the sky was blue - he has a bullying mentality to a lot of people on here. Which is very sad.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jun 2015 19:27

Yes I would. Argggh paradox!

*Boom*

biff

by biff » 07 Jun 2015 19:39

Royal Lady

Let's get on.

It's the way you speak to me. I'm not going to stop posting though - whether people like/agree/ couldn't give a flying one what I might say. Ian, on the other hand, would argue with me if I said the sky was blue - he has a bullying mentality to a lot of people on here. Which is very sad.

Claims something on an internet message board is "very sad", but has "dont mess with my sort, cheers then" on her bio.

:lol: :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Jun 2015 19:55

biff
Royal Lady

Let's get on.

Claims something on an internet message board is "very sad", but has "dont mess with my sort, cheers then" on her bio.

:lol: :lol:

That is a reference to a stupid nobber on here who made a remark about "my sort" so yeah Lol biff :roll:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Jun 2015 20:13

Royal Lady

Let's get on.

Wow, after all the shite you've put up with on here down the years (from friends and acquaintances) I wouldn't have thought my mild patronising tone would have bothered you at all.

Apologies if it has. I'm moving on now.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 07 Jun 2015 21:03

Was this thread about Pearce going to Leeds or somewhere?

Shows something about my expectations that I now look at Rumours and Gossips before The Team.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Jun 2015 22:12

Royal lady / Ian royal / royal rother bitch bore fest.
post season is oxf*rd hard at times.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 07 Jun 2015 23:46

paultheroyal Royal lady / Ian royal / royal rother bitch bore fest.

You seem to imply that they call a halt to hostilities during the playing season.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 07 Jun 2015 23:54

SydenhamRoyal

You seem to imply that they call a halt to hostilities during the playing season.

Apologies, feel free to re-word it, sentiment still the same.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 08 Jun 2015 09:42

Did anyone here go to Brentford away last season? If you didn't let me just remind you it was a game where we were thrashed by a newly promoted side and Alex Pearce fell over whilst backing off from their strikers. I was then delighted when he was dropped for the matches that succeeded his suspension.

Good riddance. Free up some wages for someone can kick a ball, has agility, has mobility and has an aptitude and application for success.

He won't be missed.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 08 Jun 2015 10:14

John Smith Good riddance. Free up some wages for someone can kick a ball, has agility, has mobility and has an aptitude and application for success.

He won't be missed.

He will be missed and I guarantee we'll bring in a defender who will make many more mistakes than Pearce ever did. No idea why people are assuming we're going to be replacing him with some Gerard Pique/Sergio Ramos-type player when it's more likely to be a Paul McShane/Gareth McAuley instead! :|

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Jun 2015 10:18

NR_Royal
John Smith Good riddance. Free up some wages for someone can kick a ball, has agility, has mobility and has an aptitude and application for success.

He won't be missed.

He will be missed and I guarantee we'll bring in a defender who will make many more mistakes than Pearce ever did. No idea why people are assuming we're going to be replacing him with some Gerard Pique/Sergio Ramos-type player when it's more likely to be a Paul McShane/Gareth McAuley instead! :|

And you've just mentioned 2 players that are better than Pearce, McAuley doesn't really have age on his side though.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 08 Jun 2015 10:36

He won't be missed.

Wasn't Pearce part of our side that won promotion in 2012? Wasn't he also part of a side that narrowly missed out the previous year? To say he doesn't have an application for success is rather far-fetched.

I wouldn't hold too much hope on the club bringing in anyone that is remotely considered an improvement. Bearing in mind this is a club who thought it good business to bring in an injury prone defender to solve a defensive crisis last year...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jun 2015 13:02

paultheroyal
SydenhamRoyal

Apologies, feel free to re-word it, sentiment still the same.

I'm not sure the on topic repetitions are any better.

Tommio

by Tommio » 08 Jun 2015 13:46

Derby have announced it now

321 posts