BFTG - Leeds

144 posts
Hogmeister Royal

Re: BFTG - Leeds

by Hogmeister Royal » 16 Aug 2015 18:40

SCIAG There's one foolproof way to improve the atmosphere - improve the quality of the football. If we win and score, the crowd will respond.

Exactly!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 Aug 2015 18:44

I wonder why some of the people on this thread (OP especially) - and in fact on this forum - go to games. I've never seen so much negativity and cynicism in my life

Do us all a favour and just don't go.

You're like moaning toddlers ...

"I don't like that woman saying something"
"Why are there trumpets"
"There was an advert on the big TV"
"The tannoy guy was annoying"
"That song was poo poo"
"There's a family zone"

Boo fcking hoo. Get over it. There was a game on you know. Maybe you just need to relax and enjoy the afternoon out.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Aug 2015 18:46

Well I have to say that the Reading Ladies game yesterday was somewhat more entertaining, much more effective attacking football and three goals for The Royals!

Apart from just a few odd moments this was as dull as dish water and Sasima and her song were more entertaining. Had the band continued playing next to the West Berkshire Brewery van during the game, there may have been crowd issues outside!

New signings look pretty good. Bond had a couple of jittery moments but he's young and relatively inexperienced. On the plus side, he put his body on the line at one point to quickly close down and deny one of their forwards who had broken into a good position and got clobbered in the process.

Sa looked good and if he continues to work like that and, with better service, gets a few goals, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the running for POS.

Leeds fans were very loud although I don't know why Ady W was sympathising about their journey home as the majority probably aren't travelling back to Yorkshire!

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 16 Aug 2015 18:47

bobby1413 I wonder why some of the people on this thread (OP especially) - and in fact on this forum - go to games. I've never seen so much negativity and cynicism in my life

"Why are there trumpets"
"That song was poo poo"
"There's a family zone"

Boo fcking hoo. Get over it. There was a game on you know. Maybe you just need to relax and enjoy the afternoon out.

Agreed, I suggest some people get down to the docs at the earliest oppotunity to get a blood pressure test if they get upset about such small things.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 16 Aug 2015 18:48

First game since Wembley. Slightly different experience...

Really impressed with the defence. McShane and Ferdinand were solid, the full-backs tracked their men and I never felt like Leeds were a threat. Bond just about fine when called upon.

Going forward, what a mess. Why on earth is Williams playing right wing? He's a holding midfielder, and looks it. We're screaming out for McCleary, fingers crossed Hurtado isn't shite.

Impressed with Blackman. Positive with the ball, passed it well, looked threatening. Likewise Sa was decent and certainly an improvement on Pog, in that he can actually hold it up. Will be a great partner to a decent striker.

Clarke - set the team up well defensively but we wouldn't have scored if we played till midnight. Need to play 4-2-3-1 properly with some wingers.

Had a taste of Carabao before the game. Can confirm it tastes woeful.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 16 Aug 2015 18:49

Its been a close run thing for a few years but I think the shambolic shenanigans that go on around the game have now become the main event and the actual match is considered secondary by the club.

I picture a brain storming session in a board room at the club with Microphone 'Tard, Kingsley Royal, Queensley Royal (RIP), Keith Harris & Orvil, Jamie Hinton and Mr Blobby sat around a long table.

Hinton : 'right guys that was brilliant! Next week what about getting a space rocket to take off pre match from the pitch? Or maybe a full Puss in Boots pantomime at Half Time?

Kingsley : 'yeah great idea'

Keith Harris : 'agreed'

Mr Blobby : 'blobby blobby'

Jamie Hinton : 'microphone 'Tard what do you think?.....microphone 'tard?

Camera pans to Microphone 'Tard who is looking into the wrong end of a pair of binoculars

Jamie Hinton : 'right, I am off to tell the boss that is what we want for next week!'

Hinton gets up from his seat, opens a door and walks out only to find he has walked into a stationary cupboard
Last edited by Winston Smith on 16 Aug 2015 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Aug 2015 18:49

If we're short of wide players at present, why doesn't he play Obita on the left wing and bring Taylor in at left back?

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 16 Aug 2015 18:51

RoyalBlue If we're short of wide players at present, why doesn't he play Obita on the left wing and bring Taylor in at left back?

Agreed. Even if Obita isn't the best out wide he'd be decent support a la McAnuff.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Aug 2015 18:53

The very definition of mediocre.

Bond - 6

Williams - 6

Everyone else - 5 or less

Ref was rubbish, atmosphere was rubbish.

We move on.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Aug 2015 18:55

bobby1413 I wonder why some of the people on this thread (OP especially) - and in fact on this forum - go to games. I've never seen so much negativity and cynicism in my life

"Why are there trumpets"
"That song was poo poo"
"There's a family zone"

The Tannoy announcers have always been annoying, this one is unbearable. The song and Sassy's speech was quite funny didn't really bother me.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 16 Aug 2015 18:58

LOL @ anybody who thinks HRK or Blackman had a good game.

How many times did they beat their man to get a cross in? How many times did they manage to find a player with those crosses? How many shots on target?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 16 Aug 2015 19:07

Got in the ground to watch the show piece which played out; can't see why everyone is moaning; we have new owners people, it was only a matter of time before an on-pitch announcement was made and whoever it was that was going to make a speech, they would be booed by the away fans anyway.

The match itself started well, on another day a red would have been brandished when HRK? was cut down when through in the first half.

There have been wholesale changes at the football club. Of those changes, the players who played today (Bond, McShane, Quinn, Sa even Ferdinand) the changes look like they are improvements. The defence looked quite solid and we know the management are looking for an attacker, with Paolo and McCleary to come in over the next few weeks and no doubt Clarke dipping in to the loan market at some point this side of Christmas should there be need too, I think we will have a decent season. By no means will we will this league, what are some of you expecting? :|

Oh and I liked the Carabao taster I had today :shock:

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 16 Aug 2015 19:14

Who is this old Thai lady who has probably only been to about three Reading games in her life "welcoming" me to my 17th season at the Madejski?

We don't want want your inspirational speeches on the pitch, or your shit songs.

We just want your money, so spend some or oxf*rd off.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 16 Aug 2015 19:17

SCIAG why not have Kuhl on the bench?

Let's just say that there's resentment, but it isn't (primarily) between Aaron Kuhl and the club.

He's out of favour for reasons that are completely out of his control.

Scarlet_Royal

by Scarlet_Royal » 16 Aug 2015 19:21

Royals have no creativity in the side at the moment. They look like a very functional and organised unit but where are the goals going to come from? Sa is an unknown, Pog couldn't hit a barn door with a Banjo and Blackman doesn't have the 'get stuck in' ethic required. We could be in trouble here, also the free sample of energy drink was smaller than I thought it would be.

Couldn't hear the chairwoman who looked like she was expecting everyone to shut up and listen, which lets face it was never going to happen.

It is good to be back at the Mad Stad!

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 16 Aug 2015 19:29

"Why are there trumpets"
"That song was poo poo"
"There's a family zone"

None of the above bother me much and the song was LOLzy, yet I've never been so bored at a game before. I took my 4 year old daughter to her first game today and she was bored after 15 minutes and wanted to go home. By half time I was very tempted myself.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Aug 2015 19:32

P!ssed Off

Let's just say that there's resentment, but it isn't (primarily) between Aaron Kuhl and the club.

Chuckle. That and when we've got three CMs on the pitch, we probs don't need two on the bench.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 16 Aug 2015 19:37

Well that was dire game with too many fouls.

Paul McShane looked good.

Bond looked nervous resulting is some poor kicking.

4-4-2 at home please.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 16 Aug 2015 19:39

Pepe the Horseman
P!ssed Off

Chuckle. That and when we've got three CMs on the pitch, we probs don't need two on the bench.

Or a further two on loan...

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 16 Aug 2015 19:39

"Why are there trumpets"
"That song was poo poo"
"There's a family zone"

People who go are entitled to their opinion.....who are you to tell people what to say the bloody Dalai Lama

144 posts