Strongest XI

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Strongest XI

by RoyallyFcuked » 05 Sep 2015 15:46

CountryRoyal
RoyallyFcuked :roll:

And your post makes me wonder how long its been since you've been to football...

Read what PistolPete and SCIAG wrote, maybe you will understand it better then. To be fair In the 4-2-2-2 I should have called the second 2 attacking midfielders, but you can call them wingers because they play wider than the centre mids and strikers. The formation can be played quite narrow but the AMs provide some width as do the full backs (as someone else said). It could definitely suit Piazon, Hurtado and John by the sounds of it, that was my thinking behind it.

And Ian, you can't say its no different to a 4-4-2 formation just because there's the "same amount of centre mids and wingers", that's like saying the wingers roles are no different in a 4-3-3 just because there's still only 2 of them.

And for the record, we are seeing a flat 4-4-2 being used less and less across the highest leagues these days, Championship included.

This. The latter point is understandable though, with more continental managers in the lower leagues.

Cheers, and yeah I think that's exactly why there is still a lot of flat 4-4-2 in Leagues One and Two for example.