Is Vydra the missing link?

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Is Vydra the missing link?

by Lower West » 12 Sep 2015 12:38

Was last night's performance one of the best debuts seen at the Mad?

Hasn't played or trained with team as a whole before. Yet his all round contribution was terrific. Ran himself into the ground chasing lost causes. Intelligent runs, flicks and passes, many first time. Pace was frightenly quick. Contribution in some of the goals. Didn't score. Obviously not match fit. As ran out of legs. But was he the catalyst that made Sa and Blackman look the players they should be as well. As both received the ball where they could do damage to the opposition.

Samrfc01

Re: Is Vydra the missing link?

by Samrfc01 » 12 Sep 2015 13:25

He's like Jamie Mackie with talent.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Sep 2015 13:48

Undoubtedly!

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 12 Sep 2015 16:25

Although I agree with the above I thought Ola John was excellent when he came on ...so, going forward, him supplying Vydra could be an interesting combination

Schmeichel the dog

by Schmeichel the dog » 12 Sep 2015 18:03

Yes. Pace, anticipation and movement. The contrast with Pog was simply staggering.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 13 Sep 2015 01:23

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 13 Sep 2015 08:36

Royal Ginger

:)

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Sep 2015 09:55

No doubt that he's an excellent player, probably the best we've had since Gylfi left (assuming he maintains these performance levels better than Drenthe did) but I don't think he made the difference on Friday. We would still have won comfortably with Robson-Kanu on the left. The big difference was how clinical Sa was, along with Blackman's huge leap in performance.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Sep 2015 10:04

Vydra really helped the tempo though, chased a lot of stuff down and was quick to get the ball back into play. Not seen that from HRK (or anyone really) for a long time.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 13 Sep 2015 11:14

Nicely done Ginger.

royal_cornwall

by royal_cornwall » 13 Sep 2015 12:28

SCIAG No doubt that he's an excellent player, probably the best we've had since Gylfi left (assuming he maintains these performance levels better than Drenthe did) but I don't think he made the difference on Friday. We would still have won comfortably with Robson-Kanu on the left. The big difference was how clinical Sa was, along with Blackman's huge leap in performance.

He occupied defenders minds and decision making with his presents. That's a huge benefit to others playing around him.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Sep 2015 12:29

royal_cornwall
SCIAG No doubt that he's an excellent player, probably the best we've had since Gylfi left (assuming he maintains these performance levels better than Drenthe did) but I don't think he made the difference on Friday. We would still have won comfortably with Robson-Kanu on the left. The big difference was how clinical Sa was, along with Blackman's huge leap in performance.

He occupied defenders minds and decision making with his presents. That's a huge benefit to others playing around him.

Hmmm. I guess if you can get them to open the presents on the pitch it's definitely going to affect their ability to defend against an attack whilst doing so.

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 13 Sep 2015 12:35

Ian Royal
royal_cornwall

Hmmm. I guess if you can get them to open the presents on the pitch it's definitely going to affect their ability to defend against an attack whilst doing so.

...and then the wrapping paper will need to be recycled.

royal_cornwall

by royal_cornwall » 13 Sep 2015 14:38

Ian Royal
royal_cornwall

Oops presence is the word I was looking for but no excuses I should have gone to school more :D

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Sep 2015 14:44

Not having that. Lovely touch to Blackman for the opener and created the second. If HRK was playing, Blackman wouldn't have got the ball to put in that brilliant cross, and the second goal probably wouldn't have happened.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Sep 2015 13:36

Pepe the Horseman

Not having that. Lovely touch to Blackman for the opener and created the second. If HRK was playing, Blackman wouldn't have got the ball to put in that brilliant cross, and the second goal probably wouldn't have happened.

Tenacity to win the ball to assist Blackman's goal as well.

His contributions, without scoring, were plane to see and it's not exactly a coincidence his debut coincided with the fastest attacking display we've seen in years. The amount of layoffs, first time passes and runs he made were staggering.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 Sep 2015 13:38

Royal Ginger

Well played

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Sep 2015 13:41

Wrong shirt though, no one will convince me that Watford are any kind of evolutionary step forward....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Sep 2015 19:47

Nameless Wrong shirt though, no one will convince me that Watford are any kind of evolutionary step forward....

You could always just look at it from a different perspective and they're a step back from where we are now.

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1