First RFC player to 5 yellows in a season ...

JC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: First RFC player to 5 yellows in a season ...

by JC » 06 Oct 2015 10:24

tidus_mi2 Worst case scenario, he was supposed to be suspended for the Everton game and we played him, no points to deduct so would only result in a fine.

That said I very much doubt the Reading club officials would make such a basic error.

Is it up to them? Don't the FA have to say to the club that a player is suspended?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Oct 2015 11:01

JC
tidus_mi2 Worst case scenario, he was supposed to be suspended for the Everton game and we played him, no points to deduct so would only result in a fine.

That said I very much doubt the Reading club officials would make such a basic error.

Is it up to them? Don't the FA have to say to the club that a player is suspended?

I would think so, if they haven't handed him a suspension by the Charlton game it's probably safe to say he's on 4 yellows.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 06 Oct 2015 11:53

JC Saturday's matchday programme shows Norwood with 5 (including Derby) and on the OS the Derby match report shows it too. Very strange.

I know, pretty odd. My guess is that the FL website is the most accurate as it is presumably compiled from the actual referees' reports. Plus, as the OS seems to now agree with the FL, I guess Norwood is on 4.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 06 Oct 2015 13:54

strap
JC Saturday's matchday programme shows Norwood with 5 (including Derby) and on the OS the Derby match report shows it too. Very strange.

I know, pretty odd. My guess is that the FL website is the most accurate as it is presumably compiled from the actual referees' reports. Plus, as the OS seems to now agree with the FL, I guess Norwood is on 4.

I see what you mean now by the OS saying 4 - it is in the player profiles. Incidentally, how unlucky must Gunter be. It shows for the season he has committed 3 fouls and has 3 yellow cards.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 06 Oct 2015 14:02

The only people who matter are the FA, and they say 4 each for Tish and Norwood.
It's easy to check here on the "One Caution Away" Tab:

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Oct 2015 15:45

Don't be surprised to see Norwood and or Tsh picking up a cheap yellow against Charlton so to be available for Fullham.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Oct 2015 16:40

CountryRoyal Don't be surprised to see Norwood and or Tsh picking up a cheap yellow against Charlton so to be available for Fullham.

A tactical yellow card would be interesting, I do doubt that our guys on 4 yellows will last the 8 games until the 5 yellows cut off.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 27 Oct 2015 16:52

With Gunter and Obita picking up yellows at Fulham on Saturday, looks like we now have 4 players on 4 yellows (assuming LCH and LC all count in the totalling up process.

Tshibola has been on 4 since 15/09/15, Norwood since 19/09/15 and now Gunter and Obita. Next couple of games will be interesting.

Taylor is an obvious stand-in for Obita, as is Williams for Tshibola, (they've only started 3 games together hence my suggestion).

The other two are tricky, Gunter has appeared in every minute of every game so far, so I'm guessing we would need an U21 player to fill in?

Norwood has only missed one game, but Alex Fernandez, although not like for like, could deputise.

If a player accumulates five cautions between the opening day of the playing season and 31 December in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for one match, presumably the match immediately after the game in which he picked up his 5th yellow.

If a player accumulates ten cautions between the opening day of the playing season and the second Sunday of April in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for two matches. So presumably if he gets four by 31st Dec, he has no ban, but if he then gets 6 more before the second Sunday in April, he still gets the 2 for 10 yellows.

Thing is, can't see the four of them getting to 1st Jan without another card. Starting with Brighton, there are another 11 games to 31st Dec.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Oct 2015 17:27

strap With Gunter and Obita picking up yellows at Fulham on Saturday, looks like we now have 4 players on 4 yellows (assuming LCH and LC all count in the totalling up process.

Tshibola has been on 4 since 15/09/15, Norwood since 19/09/15 and now Gunter and Obita. Next couple of games will be interesting.

Taylor is an obvious stand-in for Obita, as is Williams for Tshibola, (they've only started 3 games together hence my suggestion).

The other two are tricky, Gunter has appeared in every minute of every game so far, so I'm guessing we would need an U21 player to fill in?

Norwood has only missed one game, but Alex Fernandez, although not like for like, could deputise.

If a player accumulates five cautions between the opening day of the playing season and 31 December in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for one match, presumably the match immediately after the game in which he picked up his 5th yellow.

If a player accumulates ten cautions between the opening day of the playing season and the second Sunday of April in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for two matches. So presumably if he gets four by 31st Dec, he has no ban, but if he then gets 6 more before the second Sunday in April, he still gets the 2 for 10 yellows.

Thing is, can't see the four of them getting to 1st Jan without another card. Starting with Brighton, there are another 11 games to 31st Dec.

As you say Obita will be replaced by Taylor and Toshiba by Williams, don't think there should be too much impact there on the team overall.

Norwood would probably be covered by one of Fernandez or Piazon coming in and the midfield around them being adjusted accordingly

Losing Gunter would be a bit of a mystery though. A straight swap would probably be Keown coming in now Long is on loan at Luton. Alternatively (& most likely I reckon) one of Ferdinand or Obita will assume those duties.

RATM

by RATM » 27 Oct 2015 18:52

Sutekh
strap With Gunter and Obita picking up yellows at Fulham on Saturday, looks like we now have 4 players on 4 yellows (assuming LCH and LC all count in the totalling up process.

As you say Obita will be replaced by Taylor and Toshiba by Williams, don't think there should be too much impact there on the team overall.

Norwood would probably be covered by one of Fernandez or Piazon coming in and the midfield around them being adjusted accordingly

Losing Gunter would be a bit of a mystery though. A straight swap would probably be Keown coming in now Long is on loan at Luton. Alternatively (& most likely I reckon) one of Ferdinand or Obita will assume those duties.

Hector player RB for Aberdeen several times so thats a option, with ferdinand/cooper going into the middle

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Oct 2015 19:08

Stacey played right back for the u21 side last night.
I was told this was in preparation for filling in there for the first team.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Oct 2015 19:37

Think Keown should get the nod if and when the situation arises. Made an (admittedly brief) appearance last season and he played in preseason.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Oct 2015 22:36

CountryRoyal Think Keown should get the nod if and when the situation arises. Made an (admittedly brief) appearance last season and he played in preseason.

He's still injured isn't he? If not I can't understand why he wouldn't be playing for the U21s.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Oct 2015 09:01

strap If a player accumulates five cautions between the opening day of the playing season and 31 December in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for one match, presumably the match immediately after the game in which he picked up his 5th yellow.

That's Premier League rules, Strap. For the Football League the cut-off dates are:

5 yellows: 30th November
10 yellows: 2nd Sunday in March

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 28 Oct 2015 09:45

I would love to see Terry Hurlock's bookings record when at Reading. Back when they had points totted up, he reached 51 for Fulham which no one else had ever achieved I believe. Spent half the season suspended!

In the late 80's you just went 'in the book', no cards. I would imagine you'd have to ask the FA for manual files to find this, can't imagine they'd be available on line.

BuryAway

by BuryAway » 28 Oct 2015 19:36

Skippy was obviously not on an appearance bonus that year......

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 29 Oct 2015 15:18

Platypuss
strap If a player accumulates five cautions between the opening day of the playing season and 31 December in the same season, he will be suspended automatically for one match, presumably the match immediately after the game in which he picked up his 5th yellow.

That's Premier League rules, Strap. For the Football League the cut-off dates are:

5 yellows: 30th November
10 yellows: 2nd Sunday in March

Brilliant mate, thanks. Wonder if Gunter can manage to end November without another yellow?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Oct 2015 17:51

Looks like Tish will be ok for avoiding a suspension. :cry:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Oct 2015 10:29

Mr Swarbrick is the ref tomorrow and has a tendency to be a bit more cardy than other refs, therefore I am expecting a suspension for at least one of our remaining threesome to come out of tomorrow's game.

Imagine though if all three of them got carded, would be a very interesting line up v Huddersfield .....

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 30 Oct 2015 11:37

Sutekh Mr Swarbrick is the ref tomorrow and has a tendency to be a bit more cardy than other refs, therefore I am expecting a suspension for at least one of our remaining threesome to come out of tomorrow's game.

Imagine though if all three of them got carded, would be a very interesting line up v Huddersfield .....

Just a thought - do you think refs go into games knowing the tally of cards for each player in the game? Would seem a suspicious thing to do unless they were particularly nasty or nice pieces of work! I suppose if they had it in for a player or team anyway, (mentioning no names Rob Styles), they could just brandish a straight red and have done with it.