Middlesbrough BFTG

149 posts
ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Middlesbrough BFTG

by ZacNaloen » 03 Oct 2015 17:47

That were good that was.

Noggin the Nog

Re: Middlesbrough BFTG

by Noggin the Nog » 03 Oct 2015 17:53

Too much information.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 03 Oct 2015 17:57

:lol:

MOTM Williams.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 03 Oct 2015 18:01

Didn't expect that.

Top Highlights:
16 Second goal
Al-Habsi's save
Al-Habsi's command
Hal Robson-Kanu
Michal Hector

Lowlights:
3 ft ref from Middlesboro
Away fans
Chip portions have got smaller
October sunburn

Al-Habsi is better than Bond.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 03 Oct 2015 18:07

Norwood was superb. Watching our team is a real pleasure these days. Mboro are clearly going to be up there this season, and remain favourites to win the division. For all those, like me, that have backed us this season...I reckon we will have a run for our money.

Hats off to the whole team today. You feel some poor team is going to get a right pasting from us this season.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 03 Oct 2015 18:10

Great performance, great result. McShane my MOTM, just doesnt put a foot wrong.

only negative was Piazon. Bottled every 50-50 and didnt even attempt to win headers, just let the opposition win them then scampered around after trying to get it back, usually failing.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Oct 2015 18:17

Barney Norwood was superb. Watching our team is a real pleasure these days. Mboro are clearly going to be up there this season, and remain favourites to win the division. For all those, like me, that have backed us this season...I reckon we will have a run for our money.

Hats off to the whole team today. You feel some poor team is going to get a right pasting from us this season.

Like Ipswich, maybe :?:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Oct 2015 18:18

Winston Smith Great performance, great result. McShane my MOTM, just doesnt put a foot wrong.

only negative was Piazon. Bottled every 50-50 and didnt even attempt to win headers, just let the opposition win them then scampered around after trying to get it back, usually failing.

But the good thing is options. Piazon has quality but if he's not firing then we can just sub him for someone of equal quality. We've not had that for a long time. G-Mac didn't even get off the bench today and we didn't even have Vydra at all. Or Ferdinand. Or Quinn...
Last edited by genome on 03 Oct 2015 18:23, edited 2 times in total.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 03 Oct 2015 18:19

I was expecting that. We look like we can beat anyone at the moment.

Williams MOTM.
Followed closely by Norwood and HRK.

Piazon the weak link. Just too soft, and like Alex Fernandez needs to acclimatise to the fast pace of the English game.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Oct 2015 18:20

Ok, I'm sold. Clarke's done wonders and we're in for a great season. That wasn't our best side, I don't think Clarke got everything right, the game hung in balance for almost the entire match and but for a great save and a couple of woeful finishes it could have been very different.

But in truth we never really looked genuinely threatened for all boro's possession and territory superiority. Though I'm sure they've come away feeling they deserved a point at least.

Al-Habsi - 8 my heart was in my mouth every time he went near the ball. But apart from that early kick against their player (from a pass he should never have received) he didn't put a foot wrong.
Gunter 7 so much better than last season
Hector -8 getting back his best. Brilliant charge forward second half
McShane -8 rock
Norwood - 8 keeps everything ticking
Williams 9 drives forward so well... maybe a little less long shooting though
Piazon -6 nice touches but needs to be much strong in holding the ball and do more defensively
HRK 8 super cross for the first goal looking much better
Blackman 7 -quiet game by his recent standards but scored again... not convinced by the pen but didn't see it well.
Sa 7 worked his socks off and looks twice the player Pog was

John - 6 some good some a little weak, not sure he was the right sub
Tshibola 8 I love this guy.

I though for most of the match we were almost playing a front four and really missed the stiffening presence of Tish or Quinn with Puazon being a weak link.

And we still won, almost comfortably.

There's an almost visceral belief and desire among the players and fans. We know we're seeing the larval form of something special and we remember how great 2005/6 was. I don't think we'll match it, but we might take the next step afterwards. :shock:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 03 Oct 2015 18:24

That was a cracking result against a very good Boro side, they had a lot of possession but never really troubled our keeper, which is just as well as we know he's shit. I missed the first goal as the gate decided after 15 years not to let me in and I joined the shambles queue of other STH who'd had their card refused.

The ref was completely shit and bought all Boro dives and feigned fouls so it was no surprise that he gifted us a penalty when there was really no foul. This guy is a liability and will completely change results for a lot of teams.

Still we deserved the win and I really think after this we are nailed on for promotion.

ps. Brighton are shit.

ladida_gunner_graham

by ladida_gunner_graham » 03 Oct 2015 18:28

Ian Royal Ok, I'm sold. Clarke's done wonders and we're in for a great season. That wasn't our best side, I don't think Clarke got everything right, the game hung in balance for almost the entire match and but for a great save and a couple of woeful finishes it could have been very different.

But in truth we never really looked genuinely threatened for all boro's possession and territory superiority. Though I'm sure they've come away feeling they deserved a point at least.

Al-Habsi - 8 my heart was in my mouth every time he went near the ball. But apart from that early kick against their player (from a pass he should never have received) he didn't put a foot wrong.
McShane -8 rock
Piazon -6 nice touches but needs to be much strong in holding the ball and do more defensively
Blackman 7 -quiet game by his recent standards but scored again... not convinced by the pen but didn't see it well.

I though for most of the match we were almost playing a front four and really missed the stiffening presence of Tish or Quinn with Puazon being a weak link.

There's an almost visceral belief and desire among the players and fans. We know we're seeing the larval form of something special and we remember how great 2005/6 was. I don't think we'll match it, but we might take the next step afterwards. :shock:

Did you not include Obita in your summary scores on the basis if you can't say anything nice......

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Oct 2015 18:32

Oh. And i think the thjng that impresses me most is that almost everyone, almost all the time, is thinking two or three passes ahead as they're receiving the ball, rather than what their pass should be when they've already had it for 5 seconds. and our much improved movement and shape plays a big part in that.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Oct 2015 18:45

Royal Ginger

Have you forgotten the Everton game already?

Both are good keepers. Like every position in the team. The shirt is up for grabs.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 03 Oct 2015 18:46

Williams was good, no doubt, but I thought he ran into too many blind alleys missing out on good passes. He often took two steps more with the ball than he should.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 03 Oct 2015 18:50

Excellent stuff. They were very good but we were better. Williams was man of the match. Hector looked awesome in the second half. They all played well. Even Sa and Piazon.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Oct 2015 18:51

ladida_gunner_graham
Ian Royal Ok, I'm sold. Clarke's done wonders and we're in for a great season. That wasn't our best side, I don't think Clarke got everything right, the game hung in balance for almost the entire match and but for a great save and a couple of woeful finishes it could have been very different.

McShane -8 rock

Did you not include Obita in your summary scores on the basis if you can't say anything nice......

No on the basis I'm a stupid head and was posting on my phone
Obita 7 looking good, but still too many silly and unnecessary soft fouls

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 03 Oct 2015 18:52

Lower West
Royal Ginger

Have you forgotten the Everton game already?

Both are good keepers. Like every position in the team. The shirt is up for grabs.

No, at the time I didn't think he was that bad, but bowed to the consensus that I was wrong. That was the singularly best performance of either keeper this year. Al-Habsi has his flaps, but he's got so much more range and air ability than Bond . Agreed it's still up in the air, but in my opinion, Al-Habsi is better and I hope he gets an extended run.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 03 Oct 2015 18:56

Royal Ginger Williams was good, no doubt, but I thought he ran into too many blind alleys missing out on good passes. He often took two steps more with the ball than he should.

Agreed, Norwood MoM for me today closely followed by McShane.

Special mention also for HRK who in the past I have escape- goated for his lack of effort. He worked his socks off today and deservedly got a decent round of applause when he was subbed.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 03 Oct 2015 18:58

Boro had 63% possession but only one shot on target the whole game - that says it all, their one chance was a dodgy free kick were we had 2 in the wall and should of had 3, but Al Habsi saved it.

149 posts