Charlton Fan in Peace

ForeverAddickted

Charlton Fan in Peace

by ForeverAddickted » 04 Oct 2015 18:18

Hi,

Hope people dont mind me posting on here... Bit about myself, I am a Charlton fan rather than a supporter of Reading Football Club, on a regular basis I'll post a match preview on CharltonLife (Our Forum) for each match that the Addicks play.

One section "The Opposition" is where I'll always cover the opponents for the match ahead and using a variety of stats, results from Wikipedia / BBC etc. I'll usually put something together, of course stats dont paint a true picture of how a team is performing, who the truly dangerous players are that Charlton fans maybe need to be warned of...

Would really appreciate if people could answer the below Questions, so that I can paint a clearer picture for our fans

- How the Reading season has been so far.
- Who the Key Player for Reading will be against us.
- What you think the score may be against us
- How do you think the season will pan out.

Thanks for your time, good luck for the rest of the season, hope that you do well (Although not better than Charlton)

ForeverAddickted

parky
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Charlton Fan in Peace

by parky » 04 Oct 2015 18:36

oxf*rd marvelous. The best transfer window this club has had for years has been followed with some of the best performances against the best teams in the division.

It's hard to pick one. So all of them. They are all flying at the moment.

We will win at least 8,9 or 10 nil

For starters we will win the league by about February, and then the FA Cup. Completing a well deserved double, The club will then compete in the Euros in France coming a narrow second to very good German side. This will only be because we missed Stephen Quinn as he was competing in the Tour De France becoming the first person to win Le Tour without a bike.

Hope this helps.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Oct 2015 18:48

ForeverAddickted Hi,

Hope people dont mind me posting on here... Bit about myself, I am a Charlton fan rather than a supporter of Reading Football Club, on a regular basis I'll post a match preview on CharltonLife (Our Forum) for each match that the Addicks play.

One section "The Opposition" is where I'll always cover the opponents for the match ahead and using a variety of stats, results from Wikipedia / BBC etc. I'll usually put something together, of course stats dont paint a true picture of how a team is performing, who the truly dangerous players are that Charlton fans maybe need to be warned of...

Would really appreciate if people could answer the below Questions, so that I can paint a clearer picture for our fans

Thanks for your time, good luck for the rest of the season, hope that you do well (Although not better than Charlton)

ForeverAddickted

Welcome and good luck for the season, apart from against us.

Started a little slowly but with promise, unluckily dropping a few points against Brum and Wednesday in particular. Since we completed the squad overhaul on deadline day we've looked very good. Playing a mix of exciting one and two touch stuff, whilst still being able to be quick and direct when necessary. The team's shape looks very fluid and everyone seems to be brimming with confidence.

Nick Blackman is absolutely on fire in attack right now, but I think if we have a single key player it may be Ollie Norwood quietly dictating things from the middle of the pitch and getting stuck in.

Given you're on a bit of a poor run at the moment, in a previous season I'd have said we'd probably gift you some points, but the way we're playing right now I think you could be in for a pasting. I fancy someone to be on the end of 5/6/7 goals from us sooner or later and it may well be you, but a week or two ago I had it down as 3-1 to us, so I'll stick with that. Sorry.

I'm getting faint 2005/6 vibes out of our team, so I think we're in for a treat and have a great chance of going up. Still plenty of time for us to get a major reality check or squad disaster though.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 04 Oct 2015 18:53

parky - How the Reading season has been so far.
oxf*rd marvelous. The best transfer window this club has had for years has been followed with some of the best performances against the best teams in the division.

For starters we will win the league by about February, and then the FA Cup. Completing a well deserved double, The club will then compete in the Euros in France coming a narrow second to very good German side. This will only be because we missed Stephen Quinn as he was competing in the Tour De France becoming the first person to win Le Tour without a bike.

Hope this helps.

Genuinely made me LOL. Brilliant!

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 04 Oct 2015 19:07

Oilroyal
parky - How the Reading season has been so far.

Hope this helps.

Genuinely made me LOL. Brilliant!

Me too. Quinny looks too obviously like a cycle enthusiast to enter the Tour de France without a bike. If any royal is going to do it, it's surely got to be Blackman.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Oct 2015 19:09

Slow but steady start but since the end of the transfer window, when we managed to find the last few pieces of the jigsaw, we've been flying really. Steve Clarke spent the summer adding quality and quantity to the squad, so much so that we now have 2 players in every outfield position that would walk into most teams in the division. Expectation is now sky high and so far, the team have lived uo to expectatons,
W

Ali al Habsi or Jonathan Bond, whoever plays in goal basically as it appears to be the only weak link in the squad. Our defence is rock solid, our midfield is creating a hatful of chances each game and our forwards are on fire.

We will score at least 2, you may sneak a goal.

Start of the season, I would have been happy with mid table, but looking at the depth and quality of our squad, play offs is now the absolute minimum expected. Comments from fans of our opponents over the past month have generally been along the lines of us being head and shoulders above anyone else they've played.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 04 Oct 2015 19:14

Our defence is rock solid. IMO it's the best defence in the league. Currently we have equal-best goals against (7) but two of those goals were in game 1 at Birmingham, so we are now, since that game, letting in about half-a-goal a game average (and still improving).

Any of the midfield can score, our front man (Sa) is a brilliant hold-up player, and ATM Blackman is scoring almost a goal a game and bursting with confidence.

Most fans fully expect us to finish top six and many of us expect automatic.

Add to this we have a fantastically deep squad with midfielder Fernandez (Villa Real), Peruvian winger Hurtado, striker Vydra (Watford), CB Anton Ferdinand, CB Jake Cooper (who kept Everton's Lukaku quiet for 90 minutes), the superb youngster Tshibola, ex-Benfica Ola John, and Garath McCleary, none of whom started against Boro.

I'd go so far as to say our second 11 would beat Charlton. Our best team, on form, could and will stuff some bottom half teams, 4,5 even 6 nil. I suspect RFC will be odds-on to win, and I expect 3-0 or 4-0

If there's anything to help you be optimistic, it would be that we are best on the break, and will have to learn to open up teams who park the bus (0-0 Leeds, 0-0 MK Dons).

taipairoyal

by taipairoyal » 04 Oct 2015 21:41

Ian Royal
ForeverAddickted Hi,

ForeverAddickted

Welcome and good luck for the season, apart from against us.

Started a little slowly but with promise, unluckily dropping a few points against Brum and Wednesday in particular. Since we completed the squad overhaul on deadline day we've looked very good. Playing a mix of exciting one and two touch stuff, whilst still being able to be quick and direct when necessary. The team's shape looks very fluid and everyone seems to be brimming with confidence.

Nick Blackman is absolutely on fire in attack right now, but I think if we have a single key player it may be Ollie Norwood quietly dictating things from the middle of the pitch and getting stuck in.

Given you're on a bit of a poor run at the moment, in a previous season I'd have said we'd probably gift you some points, but the way we're playing right now I think you could be in for a pasting. I fancy someone to be on the end of 5/6/7 goals from us sooner or later and it may well be you, but a week or two ago I had it down as 3-1 to us, so I'll stick with that. Sorry.

I'm getting faint 2005/6 vibes out of our team, so I think we're in for a treat and have a great chance of going up. Still plenty of time for us to get a major reality check or squad disaster though.

Deluded Idiot.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Oct 2015 22:00

Hi Kes how was your sex tourist holiday?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 Oct 2015 22:51

ForeverAddickted

There's been a lot of hard work in training. Steve Clarke has found a system of playing that uses the players he's got. Started slowly. But winning matches breeds confidence.

Depends on how we line up on the day. If he plays. Then Vydra.

You'll come for a point. So I'll settle for a win of any kind.

There's very little between the top sides on the day. Yet to see Brighton or Hull. I'd settle for the play off's.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 04 Oct 2015 22:56

ForeverAddickted Hi,

ForeverAddickted

Goalkeepers have been our weak point costing us a few points already with silly mistakes. Your team has found a really bad time to face Reading. There are some very good players, sure, but more importantly every thing is clicking better than it has in years. The run will end, and crap results are sure to follow at some point, but right now they seem to be peaking and flying high.

RustyRoyal

by RustyRoyal » 05 Oct 2015 00:00

Oh, and our fans underestimate a rather good Charlton side.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 05 Oct 2015 00:06

You got us there Rusty.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Oct 2015 00:55

Snowball Add to this we have a fantastically deep squad with midfielder Fernandez (Villa Real), Peruvian winger Hurtado, striker Vydra (Watford), CB Anton Ferdinand, CB Jake Cooper (who kept Everton's Lukaku quiet for 90 minutes), the superb youngster Tshibola, ex-Benfica Ola John, and Garath McCleary, none of whom started against Boro.

If there's anything to help you be optimistic, it would be that we are best on the break, and will have to learn to open up teams who park the bus (0-0 Leeds, 0-0 MK Dons).

Espanyol :|

I'll add that those two home nil-nils were, like the 2-1 loss against Birmingham, were before we added that extra creativity and started to click.

On this form the only teams I could possibly see keeping us out were Boro and Hull, and we put 2 past the former.

Kuhl_Runnings

by Kuhl_Runnings » 05 Oct 2015 10:31

Absolutely brilliant. Steve Clarke has finally crafted a team around his style of play, and has found the perfect balance of strong attack and solid defence with the likes of Sa, Blackman and Vydra upfront and McShane, Hector and Ferdinand leading the defensive line.

Nick Blackman, the Championship's top scorer. Seems to have finally found his form from somewhere and is terrorising the toughest of defences. Also look out for Danny Williams who always knows what to do with the ball and works his socks off with it.

3-1 to Reading.

I think (and hope) we'll be top 2 come the end of the year. At the start of the season I would've said top 10, but the squad looks like they've developed such a brilliant chemistry and Steve Clarke has developed such a great game plan that we could be a dark horse for the title

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 05 Oct 2015 10:45

This is the best Reading teams in 10 years. Not only entertaining to watch, but committed hard working players who win games.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 05 Oct 2015 10:58

Stuka This is the best Reading teams in 10 years. Not only entertaining to watch, but committed hard working players who win games.

It's pretty appropriate that our strongest side for quite a while has come on the 10th anniversary of the 106 side.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 05 Oct 2015 11:20

tidus_mi2
Stuka This is the best Reading teams in 10 years. Not only entertaining to watch, but committed hard working players who win games.

It's pretty appropriate that our strongest side for quite a while has come on the 10th anniversary of the 106 side.

It was destined to be. These things don't happen by accident.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 05 Oct 2015 11:42

Stuka
tidus_mi2

It was destined to be. These things don't happen by accident.

And the 30th Anniversary of the Record breaking Division three team (although we're playing with slightly more flare than that team!)

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 05 Oct 2015 11:59

First of all, some questions for you:

1. How long did it take you to register for this site? - I'm surprised you managed to register before the game as we have known some quite lengthly delays in the username approval process.

2. Did you not consider a username along the lines of Charlton fans I come in peace or did you think better of it after seeing the West Ham fan who had a curtailed username "WHU Fan I come in pea" which said alot about the size of his anatomy and/or the size of peas in the East London area.

Started slowly, concerns over budget and high earners draining the wage budget without delivering the goods. Then we got busy in the transfer window and signed some great players. As reported elsewhere, this is the strongest, most entertaining Reading side in the last 10 years.

Nick Blackman scores goals, although Sa is the one most likely to get sent off so that could be key for you!

Currently we are good in defence and strong in attack, So I will go 2-0 to Reading

Champions - so many of the signs we've seen before are there.

May you finish below us, yet still achieve promotion.