BFTG Charlton (H)

142 posts
Tails
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Charlton (H)

by Tails » 17 Oct 2015 19:09

Armadillo Roadkill Piazon. OK as long as he has plenty of time to decide what to do and no one tackles him. I'm afraid at this level he looks weak, easy to muscle off the ball, and indecisive. The few touches of real class (like, I have to say, his cross for the goal) are not enough for me.

If ever there was someone deserving of the title "luxury player" it's him.

So you'd rather we drew today then?

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 17 Oct 2015 19:11

Well we made hard work of that, Charlton were poor, I never believed they would score today, can't remember the last team here so toothless. Think Al Habsi can save washing his kit this week, Piazon was wasteful and why the f did he take that central free kick when Blackman and Norwood were both better options?

Enjoyed the Charlton fans hissy fit when they walked out.

Looking forward to Fulham.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 17 Oct 2015 19:12

Winnershroyal Enjoyed the Charlton fans hissy fit when they walked out.

:lol:

An absolutely shit following as well, even we would bring more there. Probably bored of getting turned over by Millwall, needed a bit of a boost by fighting a few stewards.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 17 Oct 2015 19:17

Royal Ginger The last 10 minutes of play passing was not right. Charlton were out of the game and utterly defeated. Should have made a bit more of it for the paying fans. I'm not saying take risks, but that was stupid.

Agree with this. At first I thought we were playing it around to wear them out and exploit the gaps to increase the scoreline. Had we done so or at least attempted to do so would have been happier with it. It's not like they proved to be much of a threat that was going to trouble us.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Oct 2015 19:18

What did the Charlton fan get kicked out for? I missed how it started but sit in the north stand with a direct view down that exit and it appeared to really kick off in the concourse.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 17 Oct 2015 19:22

Thought they had around 1100 which isn't bad given where they are. The ironic song when they had a shot says it all.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 17 Oct 2015 19:24

Royal Ginger What did the Charlton fan get kicked out for? I missed how it started but sit in the north stand with a direct view down that exit and it appeared to really kick off in the concourse.

I think they got really worked up with the baiting from Y25, then a load of them started on the stewards as they were walking out.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 17 Oct 2015 19:26

Dirty 1-0 win but happy, hold on to your seats it's going to be another exciting ride this season, though two big games before Brighton in a couple of weeks will be massive

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 17 Oct 2015 19:30

harry
ZacNaloen
JC Interesting point. Why are we being shown as second when we have an identical record to Boro. I thought it was alphabetical then.

Head to Head?

Yes. The longer version:

9 Method of Determining League Positions

9.1 At the end of each Season the Club in each Division scoring the highest number of points shall be declared the Champion Club of that Division. Three points shall be awarded for each League Match won. One point will be awarded to each Club for a drawn match. If two or more Clubs have scored the same number of points their position in the Division shall be determined on goal difference, that is to say, the difference between the total number of goals scored by and against a Club in League Matches in that Season, and the higher or highest placed Club shall be the Club with the highest goal difference. If any two or more Clubs have scored the same number of points and have the same goal difference the higher or highest placed Club shall be the Club having scored the most goals in League Matches in that Season.

9.2 If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored. If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs, then the Clubs concerned shall play off a deciding League Match or Matches under arrangements approved by the Board on a neutral ground.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section3.aspx

Thank you Harry .. Right and proper.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 17 Oct 2015 19:38

MOTM.... Has to be the REF!

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Oct 2015 19:44

Yeah that was dull.
Glad to come though after the international break, but some players seemed to be going through the motions. Really hoping complacency isn't setting in. Aside from the goal (when already down to 10) I don't recall their keeper being tested at all.

Not digging Piazon. Kept getting caught flat-footed, didn't chase down and ended most moves (as someone said). He's clearly not popular with Sa or Blackman who kept bitching at him and he just kept slouching off with his shoulders down. So easily shoved off the ball too.

Still, 3 points and never troubled.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Oct 2015 19:49

Winston Smith McShane motm.

Just how bad does Piazon have to be to not play? Bottled every tackle, shirked every header that was challenged and fell over when the wind blew.

So Piazon now takes over from HRK when it comes to 'why is he in the team?' And also gets the 'does everything wrong' nonsense thrown at him :twisted:

Answer - Because he is a creative player who will open up defences where others are failing.

And it is nice to have a team so strong that we can afford to play 'a luxury player' who can do that!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Oct 2015 19:53

That rule relates to the end of season positions. At this stage head to head isn't going to be decisive as not everyone has played everyone else (so if it was us and Brighton ...). During the season, when position makes no difference, I thought conventionally it was done alphabetically.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Oct 2015 19:56

RoyalBlue
Winston Smith McShane motm.

Just how bad does Piazon have to be to not play? Bottled every tackle, shirked every header that was challenged and fell over when the wind blew.

So Piazon now takes over from HRK when it comes to 'why is he in the team?' And also gets the 'does everything wrong' nonsense thrown at him :twisted:

Answer - Because he is a creative player who will open up defences where others are failing.

And it is nice to have a team so strong that we can afford to play 'a luxury player' who can do that!

Or...he's not very good at the moment and you're seeing it differently to a lot of other people...could be that.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Oct 2015 19:57

Royal Ginger
RoyalBlue So Piazon now takes over from HRK when it comes to 'why is he in the team?' And also gets the 'does everything wrong' nonsense thrown at him :twisted:

Or...he's not very good at the moment and you're seeing it differently to a lot of other people...could be that.

^^^

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 17 Oct 2015 19:58

Piazon really frustrated me today. He seemed to stand out for the wrong reasons. Did he also dive down near the box at the south stand end? We actually got the decision our way but it looked like a dive (it may not have been him I saw).

Really boring game I thought but like others said, we would have lost or at best, drawn that last season. We won and that just helps continue this great run.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Oct 2015 20:16

I thought Charlton were organised and closed us down pretty well to stop us playing. I thought they'd get the point they came for.

Our attack looked pretty blunt today, poor crosses and shooting. We never really troubled their keeper. Occasionally we played some really nice stuff in the build up but the final ball or shot was woeful.

Of the new starters, John looked OK, not as good as McCleary but a solid stand in. I thought Piazon we pretty poor and was surprised he wasn't subbed first, he did get an assist for the goal but that was pretty well all he did. I'd rather see Williams or Fernandez on and Blackman given a free role.

The ref let a lot of tackles go and I was surprised that 2 or 3 professional fouls did not see bookings, the sending off for their centre half was spot on.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Oct 2015 20:19

Thought Charlton's bit of possession football at the end of the first half was a bit embarrassing, doing at 0-0 and barely getting out of their own half.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 17 Oct 2015 20:24

loyalroyal4life
Ian Royal A word on Charlton first. While they were utterly toothless, plus rather pedestrian and one paced they defended very well, were well organised and lapped up high crosses / corners.

As for us, we looked a bit rusty and off the boil, but by far the better side.

Al-Habsi 7 one comfortable save.
Gunter 7 solid
Hector 7 not quite up to his best
McShane 8 top
Obita 7 rarely tested
Norwood 8 mr reliable
Tish 8 good stuff
Piazon 6 everything he does is almost brilliant, but isn't.
Blackman 8 marked and hacked out of the game and still a threat
John 6 looked rather lacklustre and lost positionally
Sa 7 hard work but not given a lot today.

Williams and McCleary 8 delivered much needed drive and intensity.
Fernandez 6 looked good in hos cameo

Piazon isn't up to snuff to fill Quinn's spot for me and I'd rather see Tish or Alex there with Williams as the right of 3. I'd like to see him try the left forward role maybe.

Good patience by the team. Top 3 points and into second we go.

Was this based on a radio commentary perspective or actually watching the game?

And the answer is, nope no answer so far.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 17 Oct 2015 20:37

Some people, even supporters, are never happy. We won the game and go second in the second tier of English football, if that cheers them up!

In my days of League 3 South, we would have chaired Ronnie Blackman round the pitch in such circumstances.

142 posts