Lucas Piazon - Ru Oh

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Lucas Piazon - Ru Oh

by Stranded » 30 Oct 2015 08:37

Snowball

If Piazon has a case to answer he'll end up getting extradited, unless he does a runner to Brazil first, or locks himself in the Ecuadorian embassy.

For some bizarre reason the arrest warrant for Piazon is only "Ontario wide" not Canada-wide and means he can't be extradited

I would imagine, that the other guy is the main offender hence they are more eager to speak to him whilst they have grounds to believe that Piazon was party to the assault but not an active participant. As a result, until they have managed to speak to the main suspect he remains a person of interest. At this stage, it is not likely to be worth the cost of extradition but if after speaking to the main suspect they feel Piazon has a larger case to answer they will apply for a larger warrant and go from there.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 30 Oct 2015 08:55

paddy20
Ian Royal
loyalroyal4life

Mcleary comes in and all is forgotten....

People keep suggesting this and I just don't get it. I mean I like McCleary, he's a good player and worthy of a starting place in most Championship sides, but Blackman surely has the right side slot nailed down completely. We want an extra midfielder in the team, not another attacker IMO. And you're solving a midfield position with a winger, why? So you still have the gap in midfield and instead you bring in McCleary and either he has to play on the left (not his position), or you have to move Blackman to the left and risk unsettling his stupendous form. And what do you do with Vydra?

Can you explain your thinking?

Firstly Quinn is a big loss. His ball control, passing and tackling is top drawer. He retains the ball and almost never gives it away. Tishbola is our best defensive midfielder and Piazzon is the one that can do special things with the ball. In short, 3 of our best players. It makes our side weaker. Blackman isn't a wide midfielder, he's a central attacker. What happens if Williams or Norwood get injured??

Blackman or Vydra behind Sa, the other on the left and Mcleary on the right, simple. Fernandez is cover for Norwood/Williams before we start dipping into the youth team or playing people out of position. We've had worse problems in midfield the last few years.

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 30 Oct 2015 09:03

Royal Ginger
paddy20
Ian Royal People keep suggesting this and I just don't get it. I mean I like McCleary, he's a good player and worthy of a starting place in most Championship sides, but Blackman surely has the right side slot nailed down completely. We want an extra midfielder in the team, not another attacker IMO. And you're solving a midfield position with a winger, why? So you still have the gap in midfield and instead you bring in McCleary and either he has to play on the left (not his position), or you have to move Blackman to the left and risk unsettling his stupendous form. And what do you do with Vydra?

Firstly Quinn is a big loss. His ball control, passing and tackling is top drawer. He retains the ball and almost never gives it away. Tishbola is our best defensive midfielder and Piazzon is the one that can do special things with the ball. In short, 3 of our best players. It makes our side weaker. Blackman isn't a wide midfielder, he's a central attacker. What happens if Williams or Norwood get injured??

Blackman or Vydra behind Sa, the other on the left and Mcleary on the right, simple. Fernandez is cover for Norwood/Williams before we start dipping into the youth team or playing people out of position. We've had worse problems in midfield the last few years.

And this is why I don't read the Team Board.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 30 Oct 2015 09:05

Not sure that's quite necessary old bean.

donface
Hob Nob Regular
Location: doing favours for some guys who look like tusken raiders

by donface » 30 Oct 2015 09:15

T'is a strange silo of existence where an alleged serious sexual assault boils down to who else to play at right inside forward.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Oct 2015 10:35

So does anyone with any knowledge of Canadian law know just why two different sorts of warrants have been issued with Lucas' warrant being more of a "you're in for it if you come back here" rather than an extradition request as per the other warrant.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Oct 2015 10:43

Sutekh So does anyone with any knowledge of Canadian law know just why two different sorts of warrants have been issued with Lucas' warrant being more of a "you're in for it if you come back here" rather than an extradition request as per the other warrant.

Stranded's explanation seems plausible, as does Pseud's.

paddy20 Tishbola is our best defensive midfielder

Except Norwood and Kuhl and probably Alex.

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 30 Oct 2015 10:44

brighton_royal If Piazon has a case to answer he'll end up getting extradited, unless he does a runner to Brazil first, or locks himself in the Ecuadorian embassy.

Whatever, the least important party in this is RFC and anyone whinging about the effect on the team needs to get a grip.

This entirely. There should be justice if he has done what is alleged

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 30 Oct 2015 11:44

hi lewesroyal. Didn't know Lewes had any royals.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Oct 2015 11:57

brighton_royal hi lewesroyal. Didn't know Lewes had any royals.

It's a trap

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Oct 2015 12:16

Stranded
Snowball

If Piazon has a case to answer he'll end up getting extradited, unless he does a runner to Brazil first, or locks himself in the Ecuadorian embassy.

For some bizarre reason the arrest warrant for Piazon is only "Ontario wide" not Canada-wide and means he can't be extradited

I would imagine, that the other guy is the main offender hence they are more eager to speak to him whilst they have grounds to believe that Piazon was party to the assault but not an active participant. As a result, until they have managed to speak to the main suspect he remains a person of interest. At this stage, it is not likely to be worth the cost of extradition but if after speaking to the main suspect they feel Piazon has a larger case to answer they will apply for a larger warrant and go from there.

Exactly this!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Oct 2015 13:33

paddy20
Ian Royal People keep suggesting this and I just don't get it. I mean I like McCleary, he's a good player and worthy of a starting place in most Championship sides, but Blackman surely has the right side slot nailed down completely. We want an extra midfielder in the team, not another attacker IMO. And you're solving a midfield position with a winger, why? So you still have the gap in midfield and instead you bring in McCleary and either he has to play on the left (not his position), or you have to move Blackman to the left and risk unsettling his stupendous form. And what do you do with Vydra?

Apart from when covering Sa's suspension, Blackman has clearly been playing as a right sided forward in an attacking three. Certainly in the games I've seen.

So bringing in McCleary he either takes that position, or gets played out of position. The first involves moving Blackman or changing our shape. If Blackman isn't on the right who the hell is?

I'm not sure why you're talking about Quinn and Tish to answer a question about why McCleary (right winger) is the answer to Piazon being unavailble. I admit Piazon's in Quinn's place, but they're hardly anythong like each other in style and most people seem to agree that he's a weak link in Quinn's position.

Ill not argue Piazon can't do special things with the ball, but to describe him as one of our best players is baffling given his weak performances interspersed with the occasional killer ball that comes off or goal.

if Williams or Norwood get injured? Well there's Fernandez unless Clarke sees the light and returns to three proper midfielders. Otherwise loans, recall Kuhl if that's an option, Fridge or Husin.

But then I never said we weren't starting to look worryingly short in midfield.

I just don't see how a right winger solves what should be a left central midfielder berth.

If it's that Blackman should switch to in behind or up next to Sa to make room for McCleary with Vydra ( out of position)wide left as a conventional winger then fair enough. I disagree but at least it makes some sense. But that's esy to explain and no one ive seen has given that as an explanation.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 30 Oct 2015 13:41

SCIAG
Sutekh So does anyone with any knowledge of Canadian law know just why two different sorts of warrants have been issued with Lucas' warrant being more of a "you're in for it if you come back here" rather than an extradition request as per the other warrant.

Are you kidding? Norwood is good but not really that defensive, well the others are nowhere near

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 30 Oct 2015 14:34

Ian Royal
paddy20

Apart from when covering Sa's suspension, Blackman has clearly been playing as a right sided forward in an attacking three. Certainly in the games I've seen.

Hi Ian

So bringing in McCleary he either takes that position, or gets played out of position. The first involves moving Blackman or changing our shape. If Blackman isn't on the right who the hell is?

I'm not sure why you're talking about Quinn and Tish to answer a question about why McCleary (right winger) is the answer to Piazon being unavailble. I admit Piazon's in Quinn's place, but they're hardly anythong like each other in style and most people seem to agree that he's a weak link in Quinn's position.

Ill not argue Piazon can't do special things with the ball, but to describe him as one of our best players is baffling given his weak performances interspersed with the occasional killer ball that comes off or goal.

if Williams or Norwood get injured? Well there's Fernandez unless Clarke sees the light and returns to three proper midfielders. Otherwise loans, recall Kuhl if that's an option, Fridge or Husin.

But then I never said we weren't starting to look worryingly short in midfield.

I just don't see how a right winger solves what should be a left central midfielder berth.

If it's that Blackman should switch to in behind or up next to Sa to make room for McCleary with Vydra ( out of position)wide left as a conventional winger then fair enough. I disagree but at least it makes some sense. But that's esy to explain and no one ive seen has given that as an explanation.

Hi Ian wasn't me who suggested Macleery. I think I was just saying that its typical of being a Reading supporter, just as we get a team together that looked like it could win the champ things go haywire

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 30 Oct 2015 14:58

brighton_royal hi lewesroyal. Didn't know Lewes had any royals.

It does indeed. Work in Brighton and live in the sticks about Lewes. Kinda outnumbered around these parts by tomorrows foes though

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Oct 2015 15:53

SCIAG

SCIAG you're on a wind up lad surely?

Norwood has surprised me with his ability to make a tackle but he's not a proper defensive midfielder. Him kuhl and to a lesser degree Alex may play that DM position similarily to Pirlo, but they aren't defensive orientsted. Whilst Tish is just a tough tackling ball playing CM he is still the most defensive we have, then Williams/Norwood, then a long way after that Kuhl and Alex.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 30 Oct 2015 16:23

Innocent until proved guilty

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 30 Oct 2015 16:26

Gordons Cumming Innocent until proved guilty

unless you're accused of rape

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Oct 2015 16:31

Snowball136
“You could say it’s frustrating. It would be good for the victim and themselves to cooperate."

I don`t see the word alleged in there anywhere.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Oct 2015 20:21

CountryRoyal
SCIAG

SCIAG you're on a wind up lad surely?

Norwood has surprised me with his ability to make a tackle but he's not a proper defensive midfielder. Him kuhl and to a lesser degree Alex may play that DM position similarily to Pirlo, but they aren't defensive orientsted. Whilst Tish is just a tough tackling ball playing CM he is still the most defensive we have, then Williams/Norwood, then a long way after that Kuhl and Alex.

Anyone who's seen Kuhl and Tshibola play together will tell you which of them is more defensively orientated (and better defensively, for that matter). Kuhl is a defensive midfielder who can pass, Tshibola is a box-to-box midfielder.

Norwood is great defensively. I think people underestimate him because he doesn't rely on his physicality, but he's very tough and makes a lot of tackles.

Norwood makes 2.6 tackles per match, Tshibola makes 1.2. Norwood's actually making less than he did last season. Norwood also has the edge in interceptions, 3 to Tshibola's 2.6.

Now that could indicate that Norwood is just more aggressive in the tackle - Obita makes three times as many tackles as Gunter - but I think most would agree that Tshibola's the one who presses high up the pitch, whilst Norwood sits and provides a shield.

I've not seen much of Alex, and he's not played enough to generate statistics, but based on the Everton match, he's another who is inclined to sit and shield the defence as a defensive midfielder rather than running box-to-box like Tshibola, Quinn, or Williams.