No
63%

Total votes: 123
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Do you care if Clarke goes?

by CountryRoyal » 18 Nov 2015 22:49

Simple one.

I personally think he's holding this squad back, he's proved himself to be tactically naive and his selections are strange. Not a fan of making changes every game. Injuries or not our squad is quite clearly still underachieving and that mostly is down to Steve Clarke.

Thank you for the summer transfers and for Wembley. That's about it.

K Bye.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Do you care if Clarke goes?

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Nov 2015 22:54

I'm not that bothered. He has no real affinity with the club & we're in a pretty decent position for someone else to come in & make their mark.

I think there's a fair few managers that would be up for working with our squad. Saying all that, I really don't know who we'll end up with.....

I really do hope we go for a salt of the earth type manager rather than some shyster going on about possession stats. Let's nip that sh*t right in the bud. The Adkins / Rodgers types don't fit here. Hopefully we've finally learnt our lesson on that score.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 18 Nov 2015 22:56

MmmMonsterMunch I'm not that bothered. He has no real affinity with the club & we're in a pretty decent position for someone else to come in & make their mark.

I think there's a fair few managers that would be up for working with our squad. Saying all that, I really don't know who we'll end up with.....

I really do hope we go for a salt of the earth type manager rather than some shyster going on about possession stats. Let's nip that sh*t right in the bud. The Adkins / Rodgers types don't fit here. Hopefully we've finally learnt our lesson on that score.

We can also do without any oxf*rd Scots. Shafted by McGhee, Burns, and now Clarke - hope we've learnt our lessons as you say!

PS Even Andrew Wylie got us relegated from the 2nd tier! oxf*rd Scots! At least they are the only Home nation who failed to get to the Euros. Note to RFC - don't hire Scots!!

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 18 Nov 2015 23:00

Simple one.

Yes I would. We have a far better group here than 12 months ago. No fan can deny that.

We have had a couple of poor results but I *was fully backing him to turn it round imho.

*am

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Nov 2015 23:02

I have to say I feel this is a bad move for Clarke. No axe to grind whatsoever but the Chelsea faithful won't like it & I can't see him succeeding there.

He will be under more pressure there & will also have a lot less control. Be interesting to see what happens. Personally I feel neither club will go up this season.

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 18 Nov 2015 23:07

Clarke is a solid, but not spectacular manager. I would rather that he stayed. He built his team here in the last transfer window, so I expected he would stick around to see the season through. If he moves to Fulham I don't think it will improve Reading or Fulham for this season.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Nov 2015 23:17

Depends who we bring in.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Nov 2015 23:21

Disruption when we need to pull ourselves together is not a good thing. If he goes, I shall be mightily peeved with him and give clear indication of my opinion on his performance here and general quality. If he goes, or wants to go, then despite the disruption it will cause, good riddance.

I'd be perfectly happy with him having not been interested, this all being a media circus and him going nowhere.

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 18 Nov 2015 23:25

I care in the sense of I don't feel like it's right. He was extremely well backed by the owners who gave him money and freedom to completely overhaul the club. To make these massive changes and then swan off to the first team that come knocking is a bit of a pisstake IMO.

Although, when you consider the backing he's had and the squad at his disposal I don't think he's doing a fantastic job. Things were (as a whole) on the up but Clarke hasn't done anything to make me think he was anything more than an average manager. The main problem being the fact that there aren't many better than average managers out there.

TL;DR - Yes and no.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Nov 2015 23:25

Ian Royal Disruption when we need to pull ourselves together is not a good thing. If he goes, I shall be mightily peeved with him and give clear indication of my opinion on his performance here and general quality. If he goes, or wants to go, then despite the disruption it will cause, good riddance.

I'd be perfectly happy with him having not been interested, this all being a media circus and him going nowhere.

He would have come out & dismissed it already wouldn't he? He's off for sure. No point RFC trying to stop him. Let him bloody go but make sure you play hardball for compo Howe & Hammond.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 18 Nov 2015 23:26

Confrimed......just on SSN.....

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Nov 2015 23:31

You're crap at spelling. It's confimred dumbass.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Nov 2015 23:37

MmmMonsterMunch
Ian Royal Disruption when we need to pull ourselves together is not a good thing. If he goes, I shall be mightily peeved with him and give clear indication of my opinion on his performance here and general quality. If he goes, or wants to go, then despite the disruption it will cause, good riddance.

He would have come out & dismissed it already wouldn't he? He's off for sure. No point RFC trying to stop him. Let him bloody go but make sure you play hardball for compo Howe & Hammond.

I refuse to fully commit until it's officially done.

RustyRoyal

by RustyRoyal » 18 Nov 2015 23:39

Pepe the Horseman Depends who we bring in.

+1

If we bring in someone like Moyes (I can dream) or Pearson I won't care.

If we bring in someone like Sherwood or Di Canio then I will care.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular

by semtex1871 » 18 Nov 2015 23:39

MmmMonsterMunch You're crap at spelling. It's confimred dumbass.

Here we go again with the personal insult! My oh my......

RustyRoyal

by RustyRoyal » 18 Nov 2015 23:41

semtex1871

:?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Nov 2015 23:53

semtex1871

semtex1871 I pray to Allah that one of you gimps lose a loved one in an attack by one of these mental Muslims......might wake you up to a few realities......

Poor wickle troll baby, loves to dish it out but can't take it. Diddums.
Last edited by sandman on 18 Nov 2015 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular

by semtex1871 » 18 Nov 2015 23:54

sandman
semtex1871

semtex1871 I pray to Allah that one of you gimps lose a loved one in an attack by one of these mental Muslims......might wake you up to a few realities......

where is the personal insult?

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 19 Nov 2015 00:32

RustyRoyal
Pepe the Horseman Depends who we bring in.

+1

If we bring in someone like Moyes (I can dream) or Pearson I won't care.

If we bring in someone like Sherwood or Di Canio then I will care.

It is a bit of a stretch but not out of the realm of possibilities. He will have to be sold on why Reading is the right team at the right time for him (poised to make a quick return to the PL given the right leadership, etc), his desire for a quick return to the UK and a ton of ambition by our owners to pony up the big money it would take to get him here. Those are a bunch of big asks but if the stars align just right it could happen.

And a big NO to Di Canio also. I will not support this club until he goes if it happens...

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 19 Nov 2015 00:35

And for the record I do care that Clarke is going. Not out of any allegiance towards him (god knows he showed none to us), only because of how it will (probably) disrupt this team and hurt our chances for promotion this season.

143 posts