QPR (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by Colin

151 posts
RG7Fan

Re: QPR (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by Colin

by RG7Fan » 04 Dec 2015 00:45

Ian Royal If only your understanding of 'on target' was as good as your prediction.

Nah, its the definition thats wrong - and the Reading bad luck syndrome. If that had been any other team it probably would have gone in.

Let me know next match you're going to and I'll switch my bet, at least that way I'll get something good out of the match.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 04 Dec 2015 00:54

Worrying times for the Royals as we lurch back towards the dark days of last season. From being far too open recently with the tactics and personnel Clarke employed to a complete lack of creativity and drive tonight maybe to counter the extremely disappointing Forest performance. This however doesn't hide away from the fact that Clarke has completely lost how to play with a balanced side or a half way house between defending and attacking and just as worrying, cannot appear to accommodate the vast majority of new signings especially those on the substitutes bench to create any sort of impact. The constant switching of formations ala Adkins during the game clearly confuses the players and serves only to frustrate and lose confidence. I agree re the frustration concerning Vydra, an intelligent and willing player forced to scrap in the air at 5ft 9 ish from hopeful punts mostly by Hector which is something I hoped to see the last of.

The most disappointing aspect was that i thought our ball control despite the weather was abysmal, Williams was the chief culprit who faded and faded as the game went on - just when i think he could become our real lynchpin he produces a series of way below par performances. I thought Taylor and Fernandez worked well today, did the simple things and made important blocks. I would be tempted to make Taylor permanent in Jan. Other than that i really fail to see given the current management structure if any of the other loanees are worth looking at permanently. If we do sack Clarke i would still have reservations about how well the loan players would perform and whether the new manager would even fancy keeping many on. Having said that Piazon was clearly only a favour (ironic really!) and Hector will go back hopefully in Jan - I just cant comprehend how bad he has been. He has not learned to kick out the basic errors and now gets done positionally - there seems to be a certain swagger post agreeing terms with Chelsea which is totally misplaced on the pitch.

Im not one to bang on about atmosphere but the game today felt like it was reaching an all time low in that regard, Clarke must pull off a master stroke now to stop it hitting rock bottom and ultimate departure, something i feel is very difficult with Preston and Hull up next away. We could probably do with a slightly less tactically naive Brian Mcdermott at the helm, after all RFC fans are mostly happy when we play a familiar 4 4 2....

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Dec 2015 02:25

RG7Fan
Ian Royal If only your understanding of 'on target' was as good as your prediction.

Nah, its the definition thats wrong - and the Reading bad luck syndrome. If that had been any other team it probably would have gone in.

You've come out with some corkers tonight RG7.

Actually it has to be said there has been a lot of utter shit on the team board this evening and that's coming from me!

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 04 Dec 2015 06:59

CountryRoyal
RG7Fan

You've come out with some corkers tonight RG7.

Actually it has to be said there has been a lot of utter shit on the team board this evening and that's coming from me!

Just reflective of whats happend in the last 8 weeks i guess. Bad luck, bad refs, bad play.

TBH, never really thought too hard about the 'on target' definition - bar / post is close enough for me. After that performance it feels like a goal.

And it was pretty cold as well.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Dec 2015 08:27

royalsteve RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rushed back from work in London and made kick off by 5 mins. Why did I bother. Shame the Royals didn't bother turning up. Awful game, at best two mid table sides.

Me too. Even missed the work Christmas party for it. Clarke is a complete and utter useless **** and just how many goals will Al-Habsi have absolutely given away to opponents by the end of this season? :twisted: He must be close to becoming our second highest scorer.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 04 Dec 2015 09:17

holsgrove breaks a leg Worrying times for the Royals as we lurch back towards the dark days of last season. From being far too open recently with the tactics and personnel Clarke employed to a complete lack of creativity and drive tonight maybe to counter the extremely disappointing Forest performance. This however doesn't hide away from the fact that Clarke has completely lost how to play with a balanced side or a half way house between defending and attacking and just as worrying, cannot appear to accommodate the vast majority of new signings especially those on the substitutes bench to create any sort of impact. The constant switching of formations ala Adkins during the game clearly confuses the players and serves only to frustrate and lose confidence. I agree re the frustration concerning Vydra, an intelligent and willing player forced to scrap in the air at 5ft 9 ish from hopeful punts mostly by Hector which is something I hoped to see the last of.

The most disappointing aspect was that i thought our ball control despite the weather was abysmal, Williams was the chief culprit who faded and faded as the game went on - just when i think he could become our real lynchpin he produces a series of way below par performances. I thought Taylor and Fernandez worked well today, did the simple things and made important blocks. I would be tempted to make Taylor permanent in Jan. Other than that i really fail to see given the current management structure if any of the other loanees are worth looking at permanently. If we do sack Clarke i would still have reservations about how well the loan players would perform and whether the new manager would even fancy keeping many on. Having said that Piazon was clearly only a favour (ironic really!) and Hector will go back hopefully in Jan - I just cant comprehend how bad he has been. He has not learned to kick out the basic errors and now gets done positionally - there seems to be a certain swagger post agreeing terms with Chelsea which is totally misplaced on the pitch.

Im not one to bang on about atmosphere but the game today felt like it was reaching an all time low in that regard, Clarke must pull off a master stroke now to stop it hitting rock bottom and ultimate departure, something i feel is very difficult with Preston and Hull up next away. We could probably do with a slightly less tactically naive Brian Mcdermott at the helm, after all RFC fans are mostly happy when we play a familiar 4 4 2....

Sensible summary, I have been pro Clarke all along but it seems he can't put a BALANCED team together

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Dec 2015 09:37

RG7Fan

Let me know next match you're going to and I'll switch my bet, at least that way I'll get something good out of the match.

Seeing as I've had a sesson ticket for the last three years, next home match.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Dec 2015 09:48

My 1st game in years last night.

People can stop taking the piss out of me for watching non league football now... :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Dec 2015 13:08

Royal Rother My 1st game in years last night.

People can stop taking the piss out of me for watching non league football now... :wink:

Unlikely, I've averaged 10 games a season for 20 years and had a ST for three but I still haven't ever seen a game according to some.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Dec 2015 14:29

:D

I was actually alluding to the quality of non league football which ain't too far below what I sat and suffered through last night - but I get your point!

One thing's for damn sure - any Combined Counties League keeper letting that one in would have hung their head in shame.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Dec 2015 14:32

Royal Rother :D

I was actually alluding to the quality of non league football which ain't too far below what I sat and suffered through last night - but I get your point!

One thing's for damn sure - any Combined Counties League keeper letting that one in would have hung their head in shame.

Don't believe that for a second after watching a League 2 game on Saturday.

151 posts