Welcome back Brian!

1226 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Welcome back Brian?

by Lower West » 15 Dec 2015 00:03

Oilroyal Speculation over Brian's back room staff, Gibbs at Spurs and Bibbo at Arsenal. I guess this will cost ££.

BM is only part of the equation. Little point in coming back without a team in whom you can trust as well.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Dec 2015 00:09

Platypuss Just so we all know where we stand, this sub-forum is for discussion of The Team, not its users.
Any off topic-post runs a risk of being deleted, and in particular, any posts by, replying to, or about Dave Royal will be deleted on sight.
And that's my last word on the topic.

Good to have you here for us Platypuss

tonyrfc

by tonyrfc » 15 Dec 2015 06:55

Lower West
Oilroyal Speculation over Brian's back room staff, Gibbs at Spurs and Bibbo at Arsenal. I guess this will cost ££.

BM is only part of the equation. Little point in coming back without a team in whom you can trust as well.

Maybe Gibbs and Bibbo don't want to come back. Maybe they don't feel the same 'love' as BM. Maybe they feel so aggrieved at how the club treated them, that they're not prepared to forgive it. Maybe they just don't want to work with BM any more.

tonyrfc

by tonyrfc » 15 Dec 2015 07:30

Oilroyal Charlie Watts on twitter saying the hold up is coming from the Thai end of the business as the UK decision makers were all for appointing BM last week. Speculation over Brian's back room staff, Gibbs at Spurs and Bibbo at Arsenal. I guess this will cost ££.

I hope this gets sorted soon with BM confirmed before Hull.

Quiet in here tonight.

Fair play to the Thais. Taking advice from the UK decision makers is one thing. Letting them make the final decision is another. If I owned the club, I'd make the decision on who manages my team.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 15 Dec 2015 08:51

One8Seven1*
DangerousDogNonce It's all been done. No more worries guys.

Brian McDermott set to be appointed manager of Reading FC around 2.00pm tomorrow. Delays have been over issues with staff, particularly the recruitment of Sal Bibbo (currently at Arsenal).

If I'm wrong (I'm not) shoot me down tomorrow!

I hope you get shot.. no offence!

Nice to have a man with integrity back, but he wont be able to manage the egos that are here now. He struggled with the couple he had in the Premier League! Then there's the added pressure the Thai's will place on him to get us up. It's no longer a nice of you could; it's a must do and ASAP! We'll be looking for another manager by next Christmas.

As pointed out on another thread, he managed perfectly well short term with the likes of Jason Roberts and Matt Mills.

If he's true to his first period in charge then I'd suggest he'd look at a way to build a side for the remainder of the season around Vydra just as he originally did with Gylffi.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 15 Dec 2015 08:59

RG7Fan
I suspect there could be a lot going on - McD, backroom, Arsenal, .

Indeed, at my last job change, I held things up for three days as I couldnt find a doctor, lawyer, bank manager to sign the back of my photograph; and I couldnt find time to change the ink on my home printer. Not sure if either of these things are holding Brian up.

Even if those are issues - Still doesnt explain why Martin Kuhl is insistent he hasnt seen Brian around.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 15 Dec 2015 09:38

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
RG7Fan
I suspect there could be a lot going on - McD, backroom, Arsenal, .

Indeed, at my last job change, I held things up for three days as I couldnt find a doctor, lawyer, bank manager to sign the back of my photograph; and I couldnt find time to change the ink on my home printer. Not sure if either of these things are holding Brian up.

Even if those are issues - Still doesnt explain why Martin Kuhl is insistent he hasnt seen Brian around.

But has he said who he HAS seen around?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Dec 2015 10:06

Brian's probably had to fly out to Thailand for a meet and greet, got to wait for him to get back.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 15 Dec 2015 10:15

Mcdermott is enjoying those lady boys and ping pong ball girls to much in Thailand that's why he's not back yet??

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 15 Dec 2015 10:30

why would Brian need to be around - it's not like much has changed since last time...

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 15 Dec 2015 10:35

multisync1830 why would Brian need to be around - it's not like much has changed since last time...

same same but different?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Dec 2015 10:35

You've done that joke before m8.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 15 Dec 2015 10:42

genome You've done that joke before m8.

so you are suggesting my joke may have been same same but dif.....nah. You were right.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 15 Dec 2015 11:26

Hoop Blah
Man Friday Lowest wages and given £2.5 for PL. No wonder we struggled. It's not rocket science. The bloke at Bayern Munich couldn't have kept us up. It's a miracle we amassed so many points. All credit to Brian for that.

We didn't have the lowest wages and we didn't spend just £2.5m on new players though. It's not rocket science.

Whatever he had it was a pittance in comparison to what anyone in his position would have expected having achieved promotion on a wing and a prayer yet storming to the Championship title with 15? wins from the last 17? :shock: Much of what he did get was dumped in his lap in the form of a mega waged Russian striker who ultimately proved less than average in the Championship :|

If it wasn't rocket science back then it has subsequently become as clear as day that McDermott, along with all the rest of us, was sh@t upon from a great height by an overgrown russian juvenile and the fact Brian is even in the frame on this occasion suggests those in possession of all the facts take the same view.

Having said that, I guess those who STILL insist on defending the indefensible, along with trashing the reputation of a manager so tactically inept he built at least 2 successful teams in 3 seasons playing to the strengths of what he was left with following summers of "book balancing", are best left in their increasingly perverse states of denial.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 15 Dec 2015 11:50

Just had this sent to me by a sauce at the club......

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Dec 2015 11:53

What happened to the "just sen him in the hotel" line?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 15 Dec 2015 11:54

semtex1871 Just had this sent to me by a sauce at the club......

And did they send you photos of every other manager we've played against in the last few years giving a post match chat on the pitch side?

teller

by teller » 15 Dec 2015 11:57

You had me worried there then I saw the old screen.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 15 Dec 2015 12:08

Theres some media talk that Arsenal are bringing in Steve Walsh, the Leicester head of recruitment as Chief Scout. Perhaps McDermott is just honouring his scouting committments ahead of the January window, while the deal for Walsh is tied up? With all the hype he is getting over Mahrez and Vardy I'm sure that wouldn't be a quick deal. Might also explain the media blackout too...

If another manager was seriously in the frame you would really have expected more leaks.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 15 Dec 2015 12:17

Z175 Theres some media talk that Arsenal are bringing in Steve Walsh, the Leicester head of recruitment as Chief Scout. Perhaps McDermott is just honouring his scouting committments ahead of the January window, while the deal for Walsh is tied up? With all the hype he is getting over Mahrez and Vardy I'm sure that wouldn't be a quick deal. Might also explain the media blackout too...

If another manager was seriously in the frame you would really have expected more leaks.

Steve Walsh is going there to replace current scout Steve Rowley who is being promoted to head of scouting. Nothing to do with BMcD or so they say.

1226 posts