Welcome back Brian!

1226 posts
Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Welcome back Brian!

by Pseud O'Nym » 18 Dec 2015 15:49

Flyingkiwi Brain's arrival for his first stint transformed a squad of Brendan Rodgers deadbeats. He can do it again.

He's not gone to Liverpool though.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Dec 2015 15:59

The court Jester is here,
Thou Voice Does the ex-scout from Arsenal hold a record of having been sacked and re-employed by two clubs in a row ?

Reading - Sacked
Leeds - Sacked
Leeds - Re-Employed
Reading - Re-Employed

We should have listened to his words as we failed in the premiership, "We Move On"... ...he also said something about never going back as well... ...well what happened there ?

...it is with amazement that I see some of you gushing over him ?

This is clearly the dawn of our darkest knights that are ahead of us.

Expect a mid - low table finish now. He'll not improve on the position that the Mighty Steve did for us. History shows with his last spell with us as we were destroyed game after game...

...the good news is - some of us are doubters and can see this for what it is. We will do our best to share the light with you and help you to understand how we as a club should have progressed.

Bring back Steve ( any versions ) over the mess and destruction that we'll now be subject to. :(

Do you see ? :shock:

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED :?:

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 18 Dec 2015 16:09

sandman The court Jester is here,

Yes!!!!

You maybe the jester as you say and yes, you entertain me!!!

How much for a dance and what are you wearing ?

Do You See? :shock:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Dec 2015 16:14

The jester does try ever sooo hard

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 18 Dec 2015 16:26

Would McDermott be the first manager to be sacked and rehired by two different clubs if/when we bin him again?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Dec 2015 16:53

No. Warnock at Palace and QPR precedes him.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Dec 2015 17:00

Who bloody cares Jay - just give him a chance (and a few games to bed in). This Team Board is a ruddy disgrace. :roll:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 18 Dec 2015 17:14

What get's said on this board by a handful of sceptical people is neither here nor there.

The reception that Brian receives from 14,000 fans at the Mad House on Sunday will be the true guage of his popularity and whether the crowd is behind his appointment or not.

I for one am delighted that Brian is back.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 18 Dec 2015 18:04

I don't believe that BM was first on their list, I'm guessing the 'sack culture' and the terms of what is prob a 'results based' contract will be off putting for others in the mix, hence the delayed appointment. I think this league is harder now than it was a few years ago and whilst this may be a savvy appointment in terms of uniting the club and getting bums on seats (revenue) it's still lack lustre for me.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Dec 2015 18:42

Great interview just then on BBCRB. He knows how to make this club tick for sure. Looking forward to him getting a big roar on Sunday.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 18 Dec 2015 19:32

Thou Voice Does the ex-scout from Arsenal hold a record of having been sacked and re-employed by two clubs in a row ?

Reading - Sacked
Leeds - Sacked
Leeds - Re-Employed
Reading - Re-Employed

We should have listened to his words as we failed in the premiership, "We Move On"... ...he also said something about never going back as well... ...well what happened there ?

...it is with amazement that I see some of you gushing over him ?

This is clearly the dawn of our darkest knights that are ahead of us.

Expect a mid - low table finish now. He'll not improve on the position that the Mighty Steve did for us. History shows with his last spell with us as we were destroyed game after game...

...the good news is - some of us are doubters and can see this for what it is. We will do our best to share the light with you and help you to understand how we as a club should have progressed.

Bring back Steve ( any versions ) over the mess and destruction that we'll now be subject to. :(

Do you see ? :shock:

Yeah....keep taking your pills, mental boy.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 18 Dec 2015 19:40

MmmMonsterMunch Great interview just then on BBCRB. He knows how to make this club tick for sure. Looking forward to him getting a big roar on Sunday.

Missed it - is there a podcast?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 18 Dec 2015 19:52

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Dec 2015 20:11

It's really nice to have a personable manager. No offence to SC but it was hard to relate to him.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 18 Dec 2015 20:27

genome It's really nice to have a personable manager. No offence to SC but it was hard to relate to him.

And Adkins ...

"The lads have been working ever so hard on the training ground"

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2015 20:27

Every manager says that.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 18 Dec 2015 20:31

RG7Fan
genome It's really nice to have a personable manager. No offence to SC but it was hard to relate to him.

And Adkins ...

"The lads have been working ever so hard on the training ground"

... jesus christ

Glad to have Brian back. My first Reading Manager (yeah fine - call me a plastic). Unfairly sacked in my view (and that was evident from SJM and NH the other day). I honestly found the premier season more enjoyable that the following ones (except Wembley). We didn't win many games but the football was more exciting ... the 7-5 loss to Arsenal was still a great game, despite the loss.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 18 Dec 2015 20:35

Ian Royal Every manager says that.

Not sure I ever heard McD say it, but could be wrong. Although "we move on" might have been said a couple of times ...

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 18 Dec 2015 20:37

Longhorn1970 I don't believe that BM was first on their list, I'm guessing the 'sack culture' and the terms of what is prob a 'results based' contract will be off putting for others in the mix, hence the delayed appointment. I think this league is harder now than it was a few years ago and whilst this may be a savvy appointment in terms of uniting the club and getting bums on seats (revenue) it's still lack lustre for me.

He was pretty much appointed last week, not sure why the delay in the announcement but he was at the ground last Wednesday and according to staff it was made plain he was the man.
I think he was absolutely the first name on the list of the football people at the club.
As for a 'results based contract', any manager who doesn't have one of those is Arsene Wenger.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2015 20:39

RG7Fan
Ian Royal Every manager says that.

Not sure I ever heard McD say it, but could be wrong. Although "we move on" might have been said a couple of times ...

Pretty sure I did.

1226 posts