Welcome back Brian!

1226 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Welcome back Brian!

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Dec 2015 00:40

^ speaking the obvious...as usual....and so much like the most of us think .... but yet cannot be bothered with it all

But true

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 20 Dec 2015 07:10

CountryRoyal
Victor Meldrew Personally I would sooner watch Barcelona than Arsenal.

+1, if nothing else because it means you'd be in Barcelona, which is nicer than London, and tickets are cheaper.

+2

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 20 Dec 2015 10:32

Well now it's all done and dusted, whether we all agree with appointment, for me it is a huge error, but we have to get behind the guys no and hope to hell that I and several other doubters are proved wrong, not holding my breath though.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Dec 2015 11:30

howser Well now it's all done and dusted, whether we all agree with appointment, for me it is a huge error, but we have to get behind the guys no and hope to hell that I and several other doubters are proved wrong, not holding my breath though.

Good job getting behind him there.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 20 Dec 2015 17:16

The Mac is back.

1-0

Believe.

Froomes

by Froomes » 20 Dec 2015 17:22

And so it begins....

Welcome back Brian, we've missed you.

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 20 Dec 2015 17:23

Brian, who is called Brian, he's one of our own.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 20 Dec 2015 17:32

Great substitutions, players playing for Brian, clean sheet and 3 points.

Merry Christmas

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Dec 2015 17:39

Amazing how our "tactically inept" manager played Piazon just behind the striker rather than on the wing.
Almost as if he knows something about this managerial lark.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Dec 2015 17:44

sandman Amazing how our "tactically inept" manager played Piazon just behind the striker rather than on the wing.
Almost as if he knows something about this managerial lark.

Have said he needs to be played centrally from the moment he signed. It's so bleedin obvious.

Just shows how utterly clueless Clarke was.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 20 Dec 2015 17:49

All football managers will have good and bad spells. All them will have tactical pluses and minuses.

Not many of them these days act with a love for the club and its associates like Brian McDermott.

I remember Brian's disconsolate and slow walk around the Wembley turf after we lost to Swansea in the play-off final not so long ago.

He looked as if he 'felt' that defeat just as much as any long-standing Reading fan. You could see it actually hurt him.

Equally, his love and passion for the club was reflected in the extraordinary campaign where he got us promoted as champions when everyone was milking their own prostates over West Ham and Southampton as the 'elect'.

Not only that, he then celebrated the same in the pubs around the 'Ding with the same passion and utter delight as Johnny Mad and the fans.

Humble, modest, well-mannered, applied, passionate and talented.

I don't really care for the harsh talk about his so-called 'exposure' in the Hairband League the season after. He may have struggled, yes, but with a band of players far greater than the sum of their parts and with no sense of reflected loyalty by our then majority shareholder or 'owner' his dismissal then reflected not his loyalty or worth to the club of over a decade or more's service, but a tawdry kind of thank you to a man who really did give his all.

If you want to take it further, as our results in the Premiership got worse and we slid away in the league, even his expression in press conferences reflected his own character and dismay - he looked stressed, and as if he actually cared. He wanted to be losing about as much as we did.

Not at all like the dead-eyed Clarke, or the ineffectual Adkins, or any of the other wider band of 'gaffers' who ply their trade elsewhere in a sport gone tits-up for money, where they don't seem to give so much as a flying fck about the same.

In the main football under the Mac was fun. Not always, but most of the time.

A great bloke. An outstanding and upright man. A decent individual.

Delighted to have you back Brian. And welcome back.

You have this club's interests directly to heart, as I do.

As a fan?

That is all I ask for.

'He used to manage Leeds,

When they had special needs,

McDermott....'(repeat).

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 20 Dec 2015 17:55

Well said, Ian!!

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 20 Dec 2015 18:05

Ian Herring All football managers will have good and bad spells. All them will have tactical pluses and minuses.

Not many of them these days act with a love for the club and its associates like Brian McDermott.

I remember Brian's disconsolate and slow walk around the Wembley turf after we lost to Swansea in the play-off final not so long ago.

He looked as if he 'felt' that defeat just as much as any long-standing Reading fan. You could see it actually hurt him.

Equally, his love and passion for the club was reflected in the extraordinary campaign where he got us promoted as champions when everyone was milking their own prostates over West Ham and Southampton as the 'elect'.

Not only that, he then celebrated the same in the pubs around the 'Ding with the same passion and utter delight as Johnny Mad and the fans.

Humble, modest, well-mannered, applied, passionate and talented.

I don't really care for the harsh talk about his so-called 'exposure' in the Hairband League the season after. He may have struggled, yes, but with a band of players far greater than the sum of their parts and with no sense of reflected loyalty by our then majority shareholder or 'owner' his dismissal then reflected not his loyalty or worth to the club of over a decade or more's service, but a tawdry kind of thank you to a man who really did give his all.

If you want to take it further, as our results in the Premiership got worse and we slid away in the league, even his expression in press conferences reflected his own character and dismay - he looked stressed, and as if he actually cared. He wanted to be losing about as much as we did.

Not at all like the dead-eyed Clarke, or the ineffectual Adkins, or any of the other wider band of 'gaffers' who ply their trade elsewhere in a sport gone tits-up for money, where they don't seem to give so much as a flying fck about the same.

In the main football under the Mac was fun. Not always, but most of the time.

A great bloke. An outstanding and upright man. A decent individual.

Delighted to have you back Brian. And welcome back.

You have this club's interests directly to heart, as I do.

As a fan?

That is all I ask for.

'He used to manage Leeds,

When they had special needs,

McDermott....'(repeat).

Spot on.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 20 Dec 2015 18:06

We now have our football club back.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 20 Dec 2015 18:12

Found and returned. 1 football clubs soul.

Substitution of vydra changed the game. Piano and John looked like real players. Solid 1St half, got better and better in second.
Goal from hopeful ball into the channel.

Football is easy aintit

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 20 Dec 2015 18:13

Well my excitement with Brian's return lasted right up until I realised he's still head over heels in love with HRK :|

The fact he lasted the whole 90 up front makes it more depressing

Fair fooks on going 451 with Piazon in the middle though
Last edited by John Madejski's Wallet on 20 Dec 2015 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 20 Dec 2015 18:15

Had a decent game Imo. Worked very hard, and played some good football.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 20 Dec 2015 18:16

John Madejski's Wallet Well my excitement with Brian's return lasted right up until I realised he's still head over heels in love with HRK :|

Merry Christmas

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 20 Dec 2015 18:17

melonhead Had a decent game Imo. Worked very hard, and played some good football.

If by good game you mean he slowly jogged around a bit, did some wrestling and fell over a bit...... then yeah, he had a good game

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 20 Dec 2015 18:18

Oilroyal
John Madejski's Wallet Well my excitement with Brian's return lasted right up until I realised he's still head over heels in love with HRK :|

Merry Christmas

And to you my friend :D

1226 posts