BFTG - PNE

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG - PNE

by PieEater » 13 Dec 2015 11:15

I did wonder whether Brian has seen how crap we are and decided that taking over before 2 tricky away games was not the best point to start so it's been deferred until we've lost at Hull.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 13 Dec 2015 11:22

Doyleh Given that the worst player on the field today probably earns more in a month than I can earn in a couple of years, every single person playing should take a long hard look at their commitment to the club and decide whether they want to play or to coast. This was a game to blot out of the memory.

Tickets at £24 each plus the cost of travel and I wonder whether any of these pampered gits understand just what it means to pay out that sort of money for the misery endured today. Reading were appalling - lackadaisical, unmotivated, arrogant and stupid. Get with the plot guys and start to earn the money and the salary I pay for.

I wouldn't have minded losing quite so much if the team had actually played a half decent game of football but alas ....

A friend of mine has started to watch rugby and the Bracknell bees because the cost is less and the entertainment so much better. The more I think about that, the more appealing it gets.

At least it had stopped raining by the time we left

I'm with your mate-as a season ticket holder I am becoming totally disillusioned with football.

Both my teams were absolute shite yesterday-listened on the radio to Dim & Mick & watched the other lot on TV.
To a large extent I blame the coaching; firstly for spending a lot of money on overpaid shite and secondly not making sure the players they select are 1) up to it & 2) do their jobs. If the players throw a fit-well get them to clean the toilets & if they put in for a transfer tell them to fulfil their contracts. Football should be no different to any other employment. We all make mistakes in work however if we consistently don't put in a shift; there is only one result-a P45. If I see one more manager with a note book and pen , writing Christmas cards rather than watching the game-I will scream. Surely they have enough of a brain to remember two or three salient points to get across-players aren't going to remember more than two or three anyway.

And don't get me started on the mind sets of referees, and football pundits (Mick excepted)where do they get them from?

Rant over and weekend ruined.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Dec 2015 11:29

Interesting* that we only named 5 loanees yesterday, no sign of Piazon. Injured, or dropped entirely?

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 13 Dec 2015 11:33

Many thanks for the feedbaclk from the game - does seem to be truly awful - and huge credit to the 506 hardy soulsd who made the trip. True RFC fans everyone of them

Then I read the following bullshit from our "Chief Executive" :

“We played some good attacking football and we had our chances to score - and yet a penalty has decided it."

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/chief-executive-nigel-howe-on-the-search-for-new-manager-at-reading-2849012.aspx?

Now is Howe living in a parallel universe or are the hard core Nobbers above taking part in one huge conspiracy???

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Dec 2015 11:35

genome Interesting* that we only named 5 loanees yesterday, no sign of Piazon. Injured, or dropped entirely?

:? :?

Am I going to get a whoosh for missing the fact that this has to be a wind up?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Dec 2015 11:53

My bad, I thought we could name 6.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 13 Dec 2015 12:30

Kinda bored of this tippy-tappy vs diect football stand-off, like picking one or the other is in someway ignorant about how football works. There are obviously benefits to both philosophies and you don't have to be exclusive to just one.

Teams who don't score with tippy-tappy aren't guaranteed to score if they go direct, either. And teams who opt for direct football aren't necessarily going to be dull to watch or technically inferior.

The point is not tippy-tappy vs direct in what produces results - its a team having purpose with either: you can't just pass it around and expect to win and you equally can't just kick it aimlessly towards goal and expect score.

Neither philosophy is naturally wrong, if a team lacks intent and purpose, it doesn't matter what tactics you adopt, you will fail.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Dec 2015 12:51

Extended-Phenotype Kinda bored of this tippy-tappy vs diect football stand-off, like picking one or the other is in someway ignorant about how football works. There are obviously benefits to both philosophies and you don't have to be exclusive to just one.

Teams who don't score with tippy-tappy aren't guaranteed to score if they go direct, either. And teams who opt for direct football aren't necessarily going to be dull to watch or technically inferior.

The point is not tippy-tappy vs direct in what produces results - its a team having purpose with either: you can't just pass it around and expect to win and you equally can't just kick it aimlessly towards goal and expect score.

Neither philosophy is naturally wrong, if a team lacks intent and purpose, it doesn't matter what tactics you adopt, you will fail.

A oxf*rd men

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Dec 2015 12:58

PieEater and thanks to a homer ref got a dodgy penalty and that was it.

A clear push by McShane from where I was sitting. I knew immediately if the ref saw it it would be a penalty. Why on earth did he do it?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Dec 2015 13:09

loyalroyaldaz Team were very average indeed.
Vydra was our best player today for me.
GMac worked hard as well.
The rest for me were clueless and some just looked like they couldnt give a toss.
No Manager to play for on the bench may not have helped but for me personal pride should get a squad like we have a result against Preston.

Half of out fans were a fukking discrace.
Booing and slagging off our own team from almost the beginning and abusing them verbally at full time.
Embarrassed to be amongst them.

Agree totally.

What pride do loan players have for the club though?

Vydra was missing Sa today big time.

Kanu was not fully match fit. Well off the pace of the game.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 13 Dec 2015 15:00

loyalroyaldaz Just got home to Reading.
Awful Game
Awful Weather
Awful Road out of Deepdale

Team were very average indeed.
Vydra was our best player today for me.
GMac worked hard as well.
The rest for me were clueless and some just looked like they couldnt give a toss.
No Manager to play for on the bench may not have helped but for me personal pride should get a squad like we have a result against Preston.

Half of out fans were a fukking discrace.
Booing and slagging off our own team from almost the beginning and abusing them verbally at full time.
Embarrassed to be amongst them.

Agree with all of this about the team, thought vydra looked lively
However I feel the fans who did get on the players backs had a point as there seemed to be a real lack of effort shown by the lads and the weather couldn't have helped their emotions.
Impressed by deepdale as a stadium but their fans were shit

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 13 Dec 2015 15:27

Listened on the radio so wasn't there but Dellor was going on about how shit Vydra was, which is a bit at odds with some of the fans reviews here

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 13 Dec 2015 15:42

Extended-Phenotype Kinda bored of this tippy-tappy vs diect football stand-off, like picking one or the other is in someway ignorant about how football works. There are obviously benefits to both philosophies and you don't have to be exclusive to just one.

Oh, just stop it. Stop it now. Stop being so oxf*rd sensible. You'll be outed as a *shudder* 'Team Boarder'. :roll:

I guess the vast majority of fans don't care whether it's tippy-tappy or hoofball - they just want to win.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 13 Dec 2015 16:27

Dick Habbin's hairdo

Oh, just stop it. Stop it now. Stop being so oxf*rd sensible. You'll be outed as a *shudder* 'Team Boarder'. :roll:

I guess the vast majority of fans don't care whether it's tippy-tappy or hoofball - they just want to win.

Call me mental ...

But I don't actually care about a win at the minute. What I do want is 11 players who give their heart and soul every match. Never stop running, trying and trying again.

What I saw at forest and QPR was passionless, devoid of any spirit.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Dec 2015 17:03

bobby1413
Dick Habbin's hairdo

Call me mental ...

But I don't actually care about a win at the minute. What I do want is 11 players who give their heart and soul every match. Never stop running, trying and trying again.

I echo this sentiment. Even the win against Bolton was hollow, poor performance and no belief it would be a turning point.

As for the players, yesterday's performance was disgraceful, and I'd sooner play the u21s then a lot of them again soon. What typified it and really pissed me off was when we were taking 2, 3, 4 touches and passed it around the back 4 when we are 1-0 down in our own oxf*rd half.

We need to get someone in ASAP who can motivate this lot. McShane wins the award for the worst captain display in a while. Ignoring his own frailties and inadequacies - of which many were evident against Preston, but where was the leadership, the rallying, organising, or oxf*rd anything?

All anybody did was bitch and moan at each other, point fingers and lay blame. Blackman really pissed me off in the second half when he had a free kick which either cross come shot was woefully overhit and he just stood there with his hands on his hips for like a minute. What a knob.

BonBoh

by BonBoh » 13 Dec 2015 17:09

CountryRoyal All anybody did was bitch and moan at each other, point fingers and lay blame.

Sounds a bit like some of the users on this forum, actually. It's human behaviour, I'm afraid.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 13 Dec 2015 17:25

bobby1413
Dick Habbin's hairdo

Call me mental ...

And with this kind of attitude comes wins - and even if they dont come all the time at least the fans see commitment, etc. and will generally go away happy. Atmosphere will improve and hopefully rub off on the team, etc.

colski boy's

by colski boy's » 13 Dec 2015 18:39

Extended-Phenotype Listened on the radio so wasn't there but Dellor was going on about how shit Vydra was, which is a bit at odds with some of the fans reviews here

From what i saw Vydra was the only one giving anything. Bond played well apart from his kicking but if your instructed to kick the ball left all the time then you follow instructions. Apart from that wet wet day and carry on !!

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 13 Dec 2015 18:45

Yeah, it was dull and shit again, and we got lucky after almost being stranded in Birmingham on the way home. Lucky The Old Vic was a good pub before and after the game, or else it'd have been a waste.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Dec 2015 19:17

Vydra was our most prominent outlet and he looked dangerous at times, but too often he squandered chances by a poor pass or not shooting.

Had one good shot in the second half when Pickford saved well to his left.

I didn't think him and Blackman linked up well at all and I honestly believe the latter' best position is on the right as a wide forward or right winger. Either way he hasn't done remotely enough recently to warrant a starting place and if we are going to play 4-4-2 against Hull then I'd like to see Sa back up top with Vydra, GMac on the right and John on the left. I don't think it will matter who play though as it's fairly safe to assume we won't be coming away with any points.

It's not about points at the moment though, we need McDermott or whoever comes in to get to grips with the squad, go back to basics, try and instill some confidence and joy back into the squad. I want an improvement in performances and with that results will come.

All you need to do* is string a few results together and go on a bit of a run and you're right up there challenging again, so this season is far from a full gone conclusion. Not a fan of any of this "oh well let's just consolidate than rebuild in the summer" bollocks, we've been saying that every season for god knows how long and this season we have effectively done that, far more so than any other in recent memory.

Contrary to performances and hysterical belief we do have a very talented squad, evey team suffers from confidence issues but it's a shame that we find ourselves in the position we do, almost entirely down to mis-management from Clarke.

We don't need a rebuild, we need a rejuvenation. Anyone that has seen us recently will testify just how little confidence there is in this squad at the moment. We need someone to come in, breath a little bit of life into the squad, get them playing as a team and then we will start to see better results, of that I am sure.

Its disheartening watching us at the moment, whether or not McD is the right man for the job long term is debatable, but right now as a club we need to re-establish a connection with the fans and a sense of unity, and for that, right now, McDermott is probably the best option.