Hull City (A) Match Thread - Sponsored by a Brucey Bonus

265 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: Hull City (A) Match Thread - Sponsored by a Brucey Bonus

by John Madejski's Wallet » 16 Dec 2015 23:17

genome Vydra must be getting frustrated. There were a few times tonight where Williams and McCleary were pressing forward and he made decent runs off the ball and they didn't have the vision to even try the pass.

We finally have the forward that would have got on the end of Matejovsky's through balls

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Dec 2015 23:19

There was a moment tonight when McCleary could've easily played in Vydra for a one-on-one, instead I don't think he even looked up. That's not "different wavelength", that's just McCleary being shit.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Dec 2015 23:27

genome There was a moment tonight when McCleary could've easily played in Vydra for a one-on-one, instead I don't think he even looked up. That's not "different wavelength", that's just McCleary being shit.

Consistently ran into trouble and lost possession. Has been poor for a while.

Doolittle

by Doolittle » 16 Dec 2015 23:28

3points Watching a game on to made me realise just how poo Williams touch and vision are. He just cannot take one touch and move the ball quickly. That was the thing that most impressed me about Tish earlier in the season. I'd drop Williams as soon as Quinn is fully fit.

Spot on. Danny Williams has great energy, and no-one can fault his effort and passion. But he is not really a defensive midfielder, and not really a creative one either. Once or twice a season he might run into the box and score a header or a shot (if the opposition are kind enough to get out of his way), but he rarely provides assists.

Tish, on the other hand, is a bigger asset defensively and a more perceptive short passer. He complements Norwood much better, and with him in the team there's more chance of winning the ball back quickly, and of rewarding the runs of Vydra or Blackman. Or it could be easier to fit in a creative midfielder like Piazon in front of him, if we want to play with one up front and a No. 10.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 16 Dec 2015 23:29

The Reggae Boys have possibly got a bit billy big balls since the concaf cup last summer

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Dec 2015 23:34

CountryRoyal
genome There was a moment tonight when McCleary could've easily played in Vydra for a one-on-one, instead I don't think he even looked up. That's not "different wavelength", that's just McCleary being shit.

Consistently ran into trouble and lost possession. Has been poor for a while.

Frustration, I expect. I don't think we play to his strengths.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Dec 2015 23:35

What I saw of the first half we looked dangerous. Hector looked very strong in midfield. However I then went for a meal with Mrs leon and the inevitable 2nd half capitulation followed.

We don't have mental strength, we don't play like a team and we don't have any leaders on the pitch.

As I've said before, Williams has everything apart from vision and being able to run with the ball without going down blind alleys and overrunning the ball. His time at Reading has been disappointing.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Dec 2015 00:06

CountryRoyal It doesn't matter how we lost, the fact is its another loss and another blow to confidence. All else is irrelevant.

There are positives to take from the game, but a oxf*rd tonne of negatives too.

oxf*rd off mate. Clueless. It's negative people like you that only seek that negatives that drag this club down.

FACT: that goal we scored tonight was world class. Undeniable.
FACT: We outclassed them for large stages
Unfortunately as a team with a lack of manager and confidence we lost a cheap goal and failed to hang on. Big deal. We'll come back from this.
Whoever said earlier Williams is a "pub player" - never write on here again ever and never ever buy a ticket to a game in the future ever. You're clueless and there's no hope.

Disgusting lack of faith on here. No wonder no one goes to games.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Dec 2015 00:11

Hi John. Any relation to Winston? Truth is, some Reading fans are so fcuking dramatic, as soon as we lose a few games the season is practically over, our whole squad is shit and the soul has gone from the club. Win a few and they either change their tune or disappear entirely, which calls into question why they actually bother with football.

I am fed up of the shit run but we'll be fine.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 17 Dec 2015 00:45

John Smith looks to be having the biggest meltdown as far as I can see.

Get a grip John!

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 17 Dec 2015 00:46

Just bloody depressing it's probably going to get a lot worse before it gets better

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Dec 2015 00:50

John Smith FACT: that goal we scored tonight was world class. Undeniable.
FACT: We outclassed them for large stages

Literally neither of those are facts. :|

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 17 Dec 2015 00:59

Cureton's Volley Too many drama queens wearing their cùnt-tinted specs tonight.

We have been poor recently, but this was no such occasion. Played decent football, tactics were correct, unlucky with injuries & goalmouth scrambles when down to 10 men. Subs could have been better but we have a guy doing his best after being thrust into the hot-seat clearly against his will.

Hull are a quality side rightly near the top of the table. We made them look ordinary for long spells.

Considering where we have been recently, this performance gives me hope we can finish top half & consolidate for next year.

The moaners predicting relegation should throw their over-hysterical arses under a train, or else fùck off and support Chelsea if you crave success......... Oh :wink:

Too right, there are a lot of dramatic pcunts about tonight.
Especially that one guy suggesting people who share a different opinion on a match of football should kill themselves.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Dec 2015 00:59

P!ssed Off
Cureton's Volley Too many drama queens wearing their cùnt-tinted specs tonight.

We have been poor recently, but this was no such occasion. Played decent football, tactics were correct, unlucky with injuries & goalmouth scrambles when down to 10 men. Subs could have been better but we have a guy doing his best after being thrust into the hot-seat clearly against his will.

Hull are a quality side rightly near the top of the table. We made them look ordinary for long spells.

Considering where we have been recently, this performance gives me hope we can finish top half & consolidate for next year.

The moaners predicting relegation should throw their over-hysterical arses under a train, or else fùck off and support Chelsea if you crave success......... Oh :wink:

Too right, there are a lot of dramatic pcunts about tonight.
Especially that one guy suggesting those whose opinions he disagrees with should kill themselves.

Who was that?

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 17 Dec 2015 01:09

Sounds like a decent performance. But on a run like ours it doesn't matter, we still lost. The board need to stop fannying around and appoint a bloody manager so we can halt this freefall.

Fair play to anyone who travelled, must have been gutwrenching.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Dec 2015 08:04

Bristol Paul
TBM
wiggso It was offside

We were good tonight

If that was good then we're in for a relegation battle

Yep!

Williams sh1te, zero control
Vydra, why bother, never, ever, looks like scoring and his stupid little flicks continually give the ball away

Yep diabolical how that stupid little flick gave the ball away to Norwood and worse still Norwood then copied him, losing the ball to Blackman. The Hull defence were in fits of laughter after that - NOT!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Dec 2015 08:07

I reckon Taylor got injured because the lino followed that effing ridiculous official guidance in the first half and delayed flagging for offside. Taylor was worried that it wouldn't be given, so raced back to get between the man and the ball, only to get assaulted by their player and ending up in a heap on the ground!

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 17 Dec 2015 08:24

RoyalBlue
Bristol Paul Yep!

Williams sh1te, zero control
Vydra, why bother, never, ever, looks like scoring and his stupid little flicks continually give the ball away

Yep diabolical how that stupid little flick gave the ball away to Norwood and worse still Norwood then copied him, losing the ball to Blackman. The Hull defence were in fits of laughter after that - NOT!

OMG I was like "surely this guy can't be serious, cos we scored from that move, so how diabolical can those flicks really have been. right?" I couldn't believe it! And then luckily I read to the end and you were like "NOT!" So that explained it! Man, I feel like I've been pulled that way and this, it's pretty confusing!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Dec 2015 08:41

Didn’t last night sum up RFC? Scored one of the best goals I have ever seen us score and led 1-0 at half time. Clearly a degree of talent in the team but who really thought for a moment that our players would have the mental strength to see it through. Injuries yeah sure but other Reading teams over the years have seen games out after necessary positional changes. The team have scored the first goal in 4 of the last 6 away matches and won none of those.

I think Clarke/Hammond and the Toni and Guy’s have loads to answer for, the signing policy has been awful. The team needed reshaping, but any success RFC have had over the years has come from good scouting and identifying raw talent in the lower divisions; you can reel off the names, Dixon, Senior, Shorey, Kitson, Doyle, Long etc. etc. Now we have a team full of moderate foreign mercenary non-entities. Absolutely damning that the club drones on about its Academy but have only one home grown player playing most weeks now, and even he is a Chelsea player. I looked at our team line up last night and thought “I don’t give a damn about a single solitary one of these players”. And if you don’t have empathy and identification with the players you are paying to watch you may as well go and watch a different team every week and complete the 92. I realise not everyone will share that view, so I’ll respect your right to a contrary view and leave it there.

Having McDermott back helps a little, but he’s set up for a fall with this weak-spirited reshaped team whcih already needs reshaping. Only requires 8 more wins to keep them up, but a midtable finish with the spend they have had is a wretched effort, frankly.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 17 Dec 2015 08:48

leon What I saw of the first half we looked dangerous. Hector looked very strong in midfield. However I then went for a meal with Mrs leon and the inevitable 2nd half capitulation followed.

We don't have mental strength, we don't play like a team and we don't have any leaders on the pitch.

As I've said before, Williams has everything apart from vision and being able to run with the ball without going down blind alleys and overrunning the ball. His time at Reading has been disappointing.

Watched with a couple of non Royals and the consensus was that we lacked grit/bottle in midfield exemplified by one half hearted attempt by Williams to win the ball back by the touch line. A well worked goal showed we have the ability but we need someone to inject a good dose of desire into the players. Apart from a wholesale change in personnel we are no further forward than under Adkins.

265 posts