John - keep
Piazon - bye
Vydra - stay

:lol:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Contracts

by SCIAG » 05 Jan 2016 14:19

wingnut Would not be surprised if Kuhl is not offered a new deal.

Nowhere near the first team at the moment, pretty unsuccessful loan. Needs to turn it round asap, imho.

Look at the other players we've offered new contracts this season - Samuel, Keown, Stacey, Fosu. Kuhl's no further from the first team than any of them, and he's a better player.

It's quite likely we'll lose Norwood this summer, so I think they'll be looking at Kuhl as a potential first teamer for next season.

Kelly is the one in danger imo, clearly a gifted player but it's hard to see a spot for him in the first team. He might be one who has to go elsewhere to get his chance.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Jan 2016 20:50

Finding it surprising mafff thinks it's a good idea to finish the season with one centreback made of glass, one centreback with very little experience and one centreback who's currently injured, plus the youth team players and Sweeney.

I can't see anything going wrong with that.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 13 Jan 2016 11:11

HRK put in a brilliant performance last night. His performances this season have generally been of a good standard. Hopefully coming together for him now. Need to tie him down to a new deal.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Jan 2016 11:35

Considering how long we've stuck by Jake Taylor, who will be released this summer it seems, Kuhl is probably worth one final contract to show his ability.

Blakey's Chin

by Blakey's Chin » 13 Jan 2016 11:45

Kuhl's not 20 yet, and I agree we tend to give players time to show they're worth keeping. Taylor is 24 and somehow still on the books at the club. Judging this we should keep the likes of Kuhl and Kelly for at least one more year. Just as i finish writing this I'm realising, Jake Taylor is 24, not properly broke in the first team by any means, had some awful loans spells, and he's still contracted to us. Who's bright idea was that?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Jan 2016 12:29

SCIAG ...It's quite likely we'll lose Norwood this summer...

You think?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Jan 2016 12:33

Blakey's Chin Kuhl's not 20 yet, and I agree we tend to give players time to show they're worth keeping. Taylor is 24 and somehow still on the books at the club. Judging this we should keep the likes of Kuhl and Kelly for at least one more year. Just as i finish writing this I'm realising, Jake Taylor is 24, not properly broke in the first team by any means, had some awful loans spells, and he's still contracted to us. Who's bright idea was that?

For all intents and purposes he pretty much is 20 since his birthday is a little over 2 weeks away.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 13 Jan 2016 13:22

Ian Royal Finding it surprising mafff thinks it's a good idea to finish the season with one centreback made of glass, one centreback with very little experience and one centreback who's currently injured, plus the youth team players and Sweeney.

I can't see anything going wrong with that.

Well, I'd assume that during a transfer window we would look for suitable replacements. :|

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 13 Jan 2016 13:23

LoyalRoyal22 HRK put in a brilliant performance last night. His performances this season have generally been of a good standard. Hopefully coming together for him now. Need to tie him down to a new deal.

Don't we always say this in the final 6 months of his contract :?:

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 13 Jan 2016 13:38

I'd be very surprised if either HRK or Gunter sign any deal before the Euros have finished unless we offer a pretty hefty deal.

Both are almost guaranteed starters for Wales so will probably back themselves to showcase their talents in the summer.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Jan 2016 14:08

Not sure why we would want to end Piazon's loan early. I always said he looked a quality player who could make a real positive difference for us and now he is starting to prove that. McDermott is clearly beginning to rate him too.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 13 Jan 2016 14:15

RoyalBlue Not sure why we would want to end Piazon's loan early. I always said he looked a quality player who could make a real positive difference for us and now he is starting to prove that. McDermott is clearly beginning to rate him too.

Problem was that he was played wide left when he's clearly not a winger. He's looked a lot better playing off the striker when he can actually put his assets to good use.

He can be a little lazy at times but the majority of players who play in that role often are.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Jan 2016 14:21

RoyalBlue Not sure why we would want to end Piazon's loan early. I always said he looked a quality player who could make a real positive difference for us and now he is starting to prove that. McDermott is clearly beginning to rate him too.

Because he is being played centrally and not given a job out wide, where his defensive duties get increased, he looks a better player. Brian's sussed that from the start, not like the certain Scottish gentleman beforehand.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 13 Jan 2016 14:22

He's looked better under McDermott in the last couple of games. So no complaints there if he can keep this going.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jan 2016 20:29

It was staggering that Clarke kept making such basic errors. It was obvious he was not fit for midfield or the wing, but is better used as a wide forward or off a striker.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 13 Jan 2016 21:14

RoyalJames101 He can be a little lazy at times but the majority of players who play in that role often are.

He wasn't lazy last night. I think having Quinn warming up on the touchline for nearly the whole of the second half kept him focussed. Fair play as he had a decent game. Movement was excellent.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Jan 2016 21:33

Hoop Blah

You think?

I think there's at least a 30% chance. He's gaining a really good reputation, and he'll probably be an important player for Northern Ireland at the Euros.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Jan 2016 10:14

SCIAG
Hoop Blah

You think?

I think there's at least a 30% chance. He's gaining a really good reputation, and he'll probably be an important player for Northern Ireland at the Euros.

Yeah that's true the Euro's will be a good chance for him to further showcase himself. I just can't see a Premier League side coming in for him, but you could be right.

Unless he and McDermott don't hit it off (I mean tactically more than personally) I'm not sure I can see him going to another Championship side. Saying that I could if it's one of the big boys that come down who can afford to throw a bit of money at him.

tidus_mi2 For all intents and purposes he pretty much is 20 since his birthday is a little over 2 weeks away.

The difference between 20 and 19 in this instance is pretty irrelevant. I can't see the club not wanting to keep Kuhl as the next couple of seasons is the time we really get to see if he can fulfill the potential they've invested years in to.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 14 Jan 2016 10:35

I never thought I would say this but I think we should try and keep Gunter and Hal, as a club they have invested so much time and money in Hal as he seems to just be coming good it would be a shame to lose him for nothing, he is only 26 and whoever gets him may well get the best years of Hals career and we wouldn't get anything for it. Even if we signed him up now and he had a blinding euros at least he could command a fee and all those years wouldn't be wasted. Similar for Gunter as we don't seem to be investing money on new players unless we sell. It means we would have no right back next season and no funds to replace him. He may not set the world alight but the options to replace him may not be half as good. We are potentially going to have a small budget next season with a lot of players to replace. There is only so many loans we can bring in to fill the holes.