Contracts

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Contracts

by PieEater » 14 Jan 2016 12:55

Pretty well all of those first teamers will not be offered a new contract anything like as good their current one. As a result they'll no doubt go elsewhere to avoid the pay cut.

HRK is allegedly one of the top earners, so there's no way he'll be here next season.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Jan 2016 13:14

linkenholtroyal I...invested so much time and money in Hal as he seems to just be coming good it would be a shame to lose him for nothing...

Isn't this pretty much what people have been saying about him for 4 or 5 years?

He gets a bit of undue stick but he's an inconsistent winger who doesn't quite do enough to demand a place on the teamsheet for me (he plays more because of a lack of alternative). He's by no means rubbish but even on his good days he's not all that great.

Couple that with his likely demands and I think it'll be time up for him at the end of the season as the club will quite likely, and rightly, think they can get more for their money elsewhere.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Players out of contract?

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Jan 2016 14:46

Think we need a complete clean out this summer.

I know the following are out of contract:

Cox
Ferdinand
Gunter
Robson-Kanu

Anyone know who else is out of contract?

From those 4 I'd only offer Ferdinand a new deal.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Players out of contract?

by CountryRoyal » 17 Jan 2016 14:48

:roll:

There's already a 3 pager on this. It's not even like you have to oxf*rd look for it, it's at the bottom of the first page.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Jan 2016 15:01

SCIAG
wingnut Would not be surprised if Kuhl is not offered a new deal.

Nowhere near the first team at the moment, pretty unsuccessful loan. Needs to turn it round asap, imho.

Look at the other players we've offered new contracts this season - Samuel, Keown, Stacey, Fosu. Kuhl's no further from the first team than any of them, and he's a better player.

It's quite likely we'll lose Norwood this summer, so I think they'll be looking at Kuhl as a potential first teamer for next season.

Kelly is the one in danger imo, clearly a gifted player but it's hard to see a spot for him in the first team. He might be one who has to go elsewhere to get his chance.

Kuhl isn't better than Samuel. If Kuhl was then he'd be playing at a higher level than the SPL.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Jan 2016 15:11

Gunter - bye
Ferdinand - keep
HRK - bye
Blackman - sold
Cox - bye
Jake Taylor - bye
Aaron Kuhl - keep
Griffin - bye
Long - keep
Dickie - keep
Hyam - keep
Owusu - keep
Husin - bye
Lawal - bye
Watson - bye
Taylor - keep
Hector - bye
Fernandez - bye
John - keep (if we can afford him)
Piazon - bye
Vydra - bye

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 17 Jan 2016 17:16

Royal_jimmy Kuhl isn't better than Samuel. If Kuhl was then he'd be playing at a higher level than the SPL.

The SPL is a higher level than any Samuel has played at regularly...

Seriously, anyone who has seen them both play knows which one is the better player, and Samuel's two years older...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2016 17:20

The SPL can be broken down as 1 part Premier League relegation struggler, 3 - 4 parts Championship also rans and 5-6 parts League One also rans IMO. I don't think there's much in it, but yeah, I'd say Kuhl's SPL flirt is a slightly higher level than Samuel's League One sojourn.

Kuhl does seem to have stalled considerably though.

And who knows what Samuel would be like if he hadn't spent half the last 3 - 4 years injured.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Jan 2016 21:31

Kuhl hasn't set the world alight at Dundee United. He's played 5 times all season for them. Hector was a regular for Aberdeen who are a better side than Dundee United and we barely rate him! He's been awful since he signed for Chelsea.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 18 Jan 2016 00:08

SCIAG
Royal_jimmy Kuhl isn't better than Samuel. If Kuhl was then he'd be playing at a higher level than the SPL.

The SPL is a higher level than any Samuel has played at regularly...

Seriously, anyone who has seen them both play knows which one is the better player, and Samuel's two years older...

The SPL maybe higher but dundee are not an SPL Team and are bang on to be relegated. Kuhl was at the end not playing for arguable the worst team in the SPL and the fans were not particularly pleased with his proformances. Loans are about getting playing time and playing out of your comfort zone. He failed on both accounts. How you can make comments about players is beyond me. Kuhl may well be better than most of his colleagues but he failed to show that on Loan. Kuhl needs to go out on Loan again and fulfil is potential. I reckon Samuel will be playing 1st Team football for a Championship side this season I doubt if Kuhl is anyway near ready to do that. Tanner also has a better chance.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

New contracts Hal/gunter

by linkenholtroyal » 01 Feb 2016 20:17

I know their are other players out of contract but these are the 2 being associated with leaving atm who would you try and keep or not keep, no there are others like this but this has a poll
Last edited by linkenholtroyal on 01 Feb 2016 20:30, edited 1 time in total.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New contracts Hal/gunter

by blueroyals » 01 Feb 2016 20:18

If we can get them on a typical Championship wage then sure, because they are typical Championship players. Otherwise get rid. Simple.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New contracts Hal/gunter

by howser » 01 Feb 2016 20:22

They both have a big summer at the Euros, normally starting line up players for Wales, giving them huge opportunities to show what they can do, so the contract renewals could likely be put on hold until they are over. I would keep them both, but so much depends on what other clubs can offer them in salaries etc.....