General Feeling Towards The Club?

POSITIVE
70%
NEGATIVE
30%

Total votes: 121
Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Your General Feeling Towards The Club?

by Green » 26 Jan 2016 14:19

Josef Fritzl I'm unsure how I feel towards the club atm. I'm disappointed with the results but I'm not sure its all as bad as it seems. Apparently we've had the 2nd most shots in the league so we're at least creating opportunities. Our game on the weekend showed we can compete. I'm not going to hold it against the club for the player exodus last season because we were in a fair bit of debt due to the previous owner. I'm hoping its just been an unlucky period for us and we pick back up a bit.

Interesting username :shock:

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Jan 2016 16:58

floyd__streete With the club apparently safely ensconced in midtable we should surely have been giving Samuel half a season to have a go at reproducing the goalscoring form he has shown on loan at the division below rather than pumping money towards signing a 34 year old (who I note missed an absolute sitter on debut), otherwise you may as we fold the academy and use that money towards.....the wages of more second-rate mercenaries.

This. We don't like spending money but we don't seem fussed about giving players from our academy a go either. We are more interested in loaning/selling academy products to other teams.

Samuel could be part of us rebuilding a competitive side. Kermorgant is just a temp and will be joining half the starting line up out the door next season. Which leaves us looking at more temps and loans to tread water another season while anyone with promise is sold to the first bidder.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Jan 2016 17:45

Didn't Adkins play the youngsters?

That went down well on here too.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 26 Jan 2016 18:44

Extended-Phenotype John Kermit or whatever his name is

He probably needs help getting in and out of the bath

LOLOL.....literally

Johann

by Johann » 26 Jan 2016 18:58

Very negative , I feel the club has taken a backward step reappointing McDermott.
I had high hopes but the new signings and sticking with our number 9 baffles me .
I have been supporting Reading for over 50 years now and never have I felt so negative about the team . Selling Sa has not made my feelings any more positive .

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Jan 2016 19:09

You've never been so negative in over 50 years support?

Really?

With all due respect, you either don't really mean that or you haven't really been supporting the teams since the 1960's.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 26 Jan 2016 19:18

On the negative side since re-appointing McDermott as we have gone back to the old ways of trying to recapture the good fortune we had when getting Doyle and Long and building the great championship side, McDermott doesn't have the ability to do that, my opinion.

I was slightly concerned with the reported story that the Thais pulled the plug on the Washington deal in favour of the Latvian guy, just who is bringing players in ? does the manager have much say or are they being imported by the sassy lady's, her words, scouting department, the same department that has delivered Fernandez, Sa, John and the skillful, magnificent Hurtado ( whoever he is ?)

It would be interesting to see how much interest would remain with the Thais if their development plans around the stadium hit a rocky path and were blocked.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Jan 2016 19:26

AthleticoSpizz Didn't Adkins play the youngsters?

He did when we had injuries and then the likes of Williams and McCleary got fit again.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Jan 2016 19:30

Johann Very negative , I feel the club has taken a backward step reappointing McDermott.
I had high hopes but the new signings and sticking with our number 9 baffles me .
I have been supporting Reading for over 50 years now and never have I felt so negative about the team . Selling Sa has not made my feelings any more positive .

Tell us what thrilled you about the club and it's direction since the Russian instigated "change of style". Was it the sideways passing? The nearly getting relegated from the Championship? Perhaps it was the almost going out of business?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Jan 2016 19:43

sandman
AthleticoSpizz Didn't Adkins play the youngsters?

He did when we had injuries and then the likes of Williams and McCleary got fit again.
yes, and I repeat, didn't it go down well on here

(He says, recalling the usual cacophony of derision and moaning from the team board masses when we were losing)

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Jan 2016 19:50

Williams has banged in a few goals, I expect he'll be off next

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Jan 2016 19:53

They'll all be off sometime.

We can always rely on the Yoof

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 26 Jan 2016 20:27

Johann Very negative , I feel the club has taken a backward step reappointing McDermott.

So, you were feeling more positive when we were yo-yoing between the Third and Fourth Divisions? Somehow, I find that hard to believe. I would rather be in the second tier with the small chance, but always believing it possible to reach the Premiership. Did you ever think forty to fifty years ago that would be possible? I know I never did. What about when Maxwell tried to kill our club were you still posive about the future then?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Jan 2016 20:40

This is your lowest ebb in 50 years - oxf*rd me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Johann

by Johann » 26 Jan 2016 21:14

When we were 3d and 4th div we knew no better and perhaps " knew our place " and never in my wildest dream could I have envisaged top flight football , but having tasted the forbidden fruit of the premier league it leaves you with greater expectations . So yes 4th div football was better .

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Jan 2016 22:18

Positive

For me you can't beat supporting your home town club.

I have hated the relegations and loved the promotions over the past 40+ years but wouldn't swap any of it with a Man U or Arsenal fan.

I have been disappointed that we have never made a real go of staying in the premiership like Bournemouth are doing but at the end of the day we are an established Championship club, which can still pay the wages each month.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Jan 2016 22:34

blythspartan Positive

For me you can't beat supporting your home town club.

I have hated the relegations and loved the promotions over the past 40+ years but wouldn't swap any of it with a Man U or Arsenal fan.

I have been disappointed that we have never made a real go of staying in the premiership like Bournemouth are doing but at the end of the day we are an established Championship club, which can still pay the wages each month.

Absolutely

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jan 2016 22:41

+1

Surely most active Reading fans are in it for the long haul, not glory hunting, jesterhatted, Wembley daytrippers? If that's the case, surely you revel in the successful seasons (we've had oxf*rd plenty in the last 20 years, and yes, I'm including Play Off failures), are wistful about the not quite theres (your 7th - 11ths), shrug off the mediocrity as you'll still be here next year for another crack at excitement, and bemoan the rare poor (relegation fights for dropping to tier three) seasons.

If you can't cope with a few seasons mediocrity or not quite there's, given there are 24 teams in the division and only four make it as far as promotion / Play Off Final, you're following the wrong club.

We don't have any sort of right to be up there all the time. We have to earn it. And I for one am thankful I haven't had to endure more than one relegation fight to avoid the drop to League One in the last 15 years. If you can't cope with this, try one of the big six or find another hobby, because this isn't for you.

Bigger clubs than us have gone down and slummed it in League One in recent years. We're treading water. It'll do while we wait for a good year.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 27 Jan 2016 11:42

howser On the negative side since re-appointing McDermott as we have gone back to the old ways of trying to recapture the good fortune we had when getting Doyle and Long and building the great championship side, McDermott doesn't have the ability to do that, my opinion.

Leaving aside your doubts about McDermott's scouting abilities for the moment, when was it we were successful not unearthing gems like Doyle and Long? Not sure what you're getting at here really.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 27 Jan 2016 13:31

Yeah, car crash of a post