BFTG - MK Dons

149 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - MK Dons

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2016 10:25

Clarke's last 6 matches 0. 8 ppg

Brian's first 6 matches 1. 2 ppg

Clarke took us from 2nd to 9th in a month and a half.

Brian's taken us from 11th to 14th in a month.

Brian's won twice as many games as Clarke did in his last 8 games in his first 4.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2016 10:31

Jagermesiter1871 Because the game was calling out for Sa. If we looked like we were lacking a short, fat local lad who apparently once was a striker, then yes bring on Cox.
I don't think that's what we were lacking. The start of the second half was full of energy and numerous crosses into the box. The issue was no one was in there.

Sa who's managed fewer goals than Cox that fat local lad had this time last season. In a poorer team. I get what you're saying, but if Brian knows he's losing a player, then he should be having a look at his options. Cox isn't as bad as everyone seems to think he is. And the way Williams, Piazon and HRK were strolling around the pitch we were desperate for Quinn to come on and raise the tempo imo.

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 17 Jan 2016 10:38

Leicester, Soton & Swansea... we may have loaded owners too, but the idiots that ran our club are still running our club !.. until otherwise... service is as expected.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Jan 2016 10:41

We were chasing the game but I can't recall one attempt on goal after the Cox sub, in fact I don't even remember him touching the ball.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Jan 2016 10:45

Utterly, utterly appalling. Beaten by a really [insert the rude word of your choice here] awful MK Dons team.

Total dross.

The first half Reading were unbelievable in their ineptitude capped yet again by the dreadful Vydra missing yet another chance.

Second half was an improvement (well it couldn't get any worse) only to be capped by an utterly useless referee and the standard "unable to defend a set piece" routine.

Only players of any note yesterday were McLeary and John (and John only got 20 minutes)

Lastly why is Sa even being involved in match days, he's obviously not rated and on his way to AEK - even Cox is getting ahead of him.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 17 Jan 2016 10:51

Really Disappointing and infuriating.

Will probably echo most on here but it was dreadful! no fight, no passion, no plan,

-Everyone 6 or below bar Al-Habsi who gets an 8.

-starting to lose patience with Vydra now, surely we should be meriting him on performances with us rather than his previous with Watford, by that logic he shouldn't be starting.

-Gmac and Vydra had sitters and they should've had a man sent off.

- Never seen a game like that were the opposition were so much there for the taking.

-Proves McD is still tactically inept by not throwing Sa on, and Quinn being on the bench.

- Doesn't seem to be any chemistry at the moment between player and fans, never seen such a lack of response from the fans when 3/4 of the players came to applaud us at the end. Remember the days of McD first time round where every player would come and applaud us Win, lose or draw and we would applaud them back as you could guarantee they'd give 100% every game. I'm not seeing that now.

Nice Stadium though.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 17 Jan 2016 11:24

I thought John was sh*t although did try hard. Like the performance a few weeks ago when he started.

Feeling more angry this morning. I kind of remembered the first half if that's possible.

11 players doing fuk all for 45 minutes. It's Reading all over. Mincing around until the other team score and then giving up.

Kunts

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 17 Jan 2016 11:30

Also a few other bits:

- they need to turn their music down and the tannoy system. It's bloody deafening.

- similar experience to MadStad with "entertainment" shoved down your throat at every turn. Half time whistle .... Music immediately started.

- their goal song is infuriating. Saw a little boy in their end with his shirt off swinging it around when they scored.

- Aisle 38 - group of 4 got up after 5 minutes and complained about standing. They went over to aisle 35 I think. It was the group where the guy was wearing a jester hat. They sat down after moving and got out two blankets and tucked themselves in.

- On 89th minute the ball shot up in the air. Williams decided to volley it. It went about 50 metres over the bar. Maybe next time he can actually control it first and remember that they're not 5 nil up and just cruising.

- the MK Dons team on the score board at the start had company names and organisations under their name. Is each player sponsored? I think MK Dons are the definition of "commercial".

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Jan 2016 12:05

Jesus Christ you people need to get a grip. Especially the whinger in chief windermere_royal .

We were great mid week and we were shit yesterday - it happens. So you went to Milton Keynes and we lost. Oh dear - I 'd ask for my money back.

Vendettas against players? Sa is probably off - that is probably why he didn't come on. The manager is "tactically inept". Of course he is. BM got us promoted to the top flight for only the second time in our ENTIRE history. So he's a shit manager and he always was?

Grow up you whiny little bitches. You are a fcuking disgrace.
Last edited by leon on 17 Jan 2016 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 17 Jan 2016 12:12

Some days are good some bad. If we had managed to nick a goal then it would have been a different game.

MK Dons were set up to draw. Not surprising after a 5-0 home loss in midweek. As other teams have done. Just mark both Williams and Norwood out of the game when Reading have possession at the back. Cooper must have had the most touches of any Reading player yesterday.

Onto the next game.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Jan 2016 12:53

Just a comment on Vydra.
In his first spell at Watford he was electric and it led to a move to WBA.
There he hardly got a game and so back to Watford where, by then, he was usurped by Deeney and Ighalo leading to the loan to us.

The surprising thing was that Clarke (and then Pulis) didn't play him and yet Clarke must have been keen to bring him to Reading where, presumably, he expected him to perform , especially being one division lower.

I keep thinking of how the player was first time round for Watford and desperately want him to do well but we appear to have ended up with the player who lost it in his time at WBA.
Hopefully Brian will find the right player to play with him through the middle but at the moment it doesn't work and as a lone striker it is just crazy.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Jan 2016 12:57

Ian Royal Clarke's last 6 matches 0. 8 ppg

Brian's first 6 matches 1. 2 ppg

Clarke took us from 2nd to 9th in a month and a half.

Brian's taken us from 11th to 14th in a month.

Brian's won twice as many games as Clarke did in his last 8 games in his first 4.

Spot on.

Brian >>> Clarke and will only get better.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 17 Jan 2016 13:17

bobby1413 I thought John was sh*t although did try hard. Like the performance a few weeks ago when he started.

Feeling more angry this morning. I kind of remembered the first half if that's possible.

11 players doing fuk all for 45 minutes. It's Reading all over. Mincing around until the other team score and then giving up.

Kunts

And who may I ask takes the ultimate responsabilty for that? I will tell you, the very same Brian McDermott you called me a kunt for earlier in this thread for berating him.
He`s been in charge 7 games now. so you are saying the players are ignoring his instructions?
He needs to do a whole lot more before I will be convinced he`s the right appointment

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2016 13:22

Victor Meldrew Just a comment on Vydra.
There he hardly got a game and so back to Watford where, by then, he was usurped by Deeney and Ighalo leading to the loan to us.

The surprising thing was that Clarke (and then Pulis) didn't play him and yet Clarke must have been keen to bring him to Reading where, presumably, he expected him to perform , especially being one division lower.

I keep thinking of how the player was first time round for Watford and desperately want him to do well but we appear to have ended up with the player who lost it in his time at WBA.
Hopefully Brian will find the right player to play with him through the middle but at the moment it doesn't work and as a lone striker it is just crazy.

He had a good season at Watford after WBA didn't he?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 17 Jan 2016 13:28

Victor Meldrew Just a comment on Vydra.

Vydra scored 16 goals last season from 31 starts.

The reason Pulis didn't pick him is because Clarke's replacements were Keith Downing and Pepe Mel.

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 17 Jan 2016 13:32

Walked from the station on the way to the game following a group of about 20 Stone Island-clad teenagers.

Not sure whether these guys were the infamous Scorpions but they were incredibly brave to sing the Jihadi John song in the face of an Asian couple with their small child :roll:

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Jan 2016 13:35

bobby1413 Also a few other bits:

- they need to turn their music down and the tannoy system. It's bloody deafening.

- similar experience to MadStad with "entertainment" shoved down your throat at every turn. Half time whistle .... Music immediately started.

- their goal song is infuriating. Saw a little boy in their end with his shirt off swinging it around when they scored.

- Aisle 38 - group of 4 got up after 5 minutes and complained about standing. They went over to aisle 35 I think. It was the group where the guy was wearing a jester hat. They sat down after moving and got out two blankets and tucked themselves in.

- On 89th minute the ball shot up in the air. Williams decided to volley it. It went about 50 metres over the bar. Maybe next time he can actually control it first and remember that they're not 5 nil up and just cruising.

- the MK Dons team on the score board at the start had company names and organisations under their name. Is each player sponsored? I think MK Dons are the definition of "commercial".

To be honest I thought the match day entertainment was a million times worse than anything I've seen the Mad Stad fun dome. Actually made me appreciate just how bad it could be. I think as modern day football experiences go, ours is pretty much the standard. There are certainly far worse, even taking DJmegaparty into consideration.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 17 Jan 2016 13:41

bobby1413 wrote:

Are you serious bob? WTF. You sure they didn't take their bedside lamps as well.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 17 Jan 2016 13:55

Lower West Some days are good some bad. If we had managed to nick a goal then it would have been a different game.

MK Dons were set up to draw. Not surprising after a 5-0 home loss in midweek. As other teams have done. Just mark both Williams and Norwood out of the game when Reading have possession at the back. Cooper must have had the most touches of any Reading player yesterday.

Onto the next game.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, MK Dons 'were set up' for something we weren't. Does BM even watching the oppo because he had no idea how to craft an opening or change things once he'd seen their set up. It showed a lack of nouse as did his appointment...

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 17 Jan 2016 13:56

Squelchy2507 Awful result. Awful performance. Awful game. Awful soul-less stadium. Really awful place to get to. Begrudgingly gave Franchise FC £25 of my money. Not a penny more. NEVER going back to that God-forsaken place again.

Pretty much this. The stadium is awful. Twice as big as it could ever possibly need to be and bizarrely designed all round. Clearly not designed for the Milton Keynes "football team".They must be hemorrhaging money, One wonders how they actually sustain a team at all.

Anyway, stayed over at a nice hotel in nearby Aspley Guise, taxi to and from the game, nice meal and a few beers in the evening and a cooked brekkie this morning.

C'mon you R's and IBWHF :D

149 posts