BFTG - MK Dons

149 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - MK Dons

by CountryRoyal » 17 Jan 2016 14:36

The result was bad make no mistake, but the most disappointing thing is that there is no continuity in performances and it's exactly that inconsistency which will see us lucky to finish in the top half. Yes all you need is a run of a few results to build some confidence and form but can you really see us getting that with this team? You might say that it was impossible to forsee the run the 2011/12 team went on but at least they showed desire and hunger which seemed lacking yesterday.

Another worrying this is how easy it is for teams to get in behind us, Derby fans bemoaned their performance noting that we left a lot of spaces in defence for them to exploit, which they colossally failed to do. The amount of times MK Dons had really good chances out of nothing, for such a limited side, was remarkable.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2016 14:51

Same against Bristol City. Maybe that's why we're bringing in Evans.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 17 Jan 2016 16:08

Everything about the game itself has been said so I offer only some observations from yesterday.

1) I thought we'd fill our boots with goals- I'm no professional but I think the players did too which is unacceptable.
2) I liked the ground- but no way was there 13k there, if full I bet the atmosphere would be excellent.
3) good turnout, noisy at times, was hoping for a goal at our end just so the TV cameras would pick it up
4) Bar area was strange, with those metal doors but easy to get served and enjoyed a carlsberg with my son;
5) who I hadn't seen since xmas - so bonus
6) stood all game- no hassle from stewards who were good, smiled a lot.
7)early in the 2nd half decided to move position and within about 10 minutes a larger group had formed, all standing, a bit of swearing, with lots of gallows humour about how dire we were, but felt like football in the old days.
8)parked in N1 car park and got out straight abut after the final whistle and got in at 630

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 17 Jan 2016 17:33

Longhorn1970
Lower West Some days are good some bad. If we had managed to nick a goal then it would have been a different game.

MK Dons were set up to draw. Not surprising after a 5-0 home loss in midweek. As other teams have done. Just mark both Williams and Norwood out of the game when Reading have possession at the back. Cooper must have had the most touches of any Reading player yesterday.

Onto the next game.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, MK Dons 'were set up' for something we weren't. Does BM even watching the oppo because he had no idea how to craft an opening or change things once he'd seen their set up. It showed a lack of nouse as did his appointment...

No the opposition watches us. We are easy to nullify as to predictable. That's the limitation of the available matchday squad.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 17 Jan 2016 17:43

Winnershroyal Everything about the game itself has been said so I offer only some observations from yesterday.

1) I thought we'd fill our boots with goals- I'm no professional but I think the players did too which is unacceptable.
2) I liked the ground- but no way was there 13k there, if full I bet the atmosphere would be excellent.
3) good turnout, noisy at times, was hoping for a goal at our end just so the TV cameras would pick it up
4) Bar area was strange, with those metal doors but easy to get served and enjoyed a carlsberg with my son;
7)early in the 2nd half decided to move position and within about 10 minutes a larger group had formed, all standing, a bit of swearing, with lots of gallows humour about how dire we were, but felt like football in the old days.
8)parked in N1 car park and got out straight abut after the final whistle and got in at 630

Don't feel like adding anything else about the game but I can confirm that the atmosphere in the stadium I s brilliant when full. Only know this from watching rugby there - Northampton Saints played there one year in a European Game to get a bigger crowd.

Thought you'd like to know!

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 17 Jan 2016 17:46

Lower West
Longhorn1970
Lower West Some days are good some bad. If we had managed to nick a goal then it would have been a different game.

MK Dons were set up to draw. Not surprising after a 5-0 home loss in midweek. As other teams have done. Just mark both Williams and Norwood out of the game when Reading have possession at the back. Cooper must have had the most touches of any Reading player yesterday.

Onto the next game.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, MK Dons 'were set up' for something we weren't. Does BM even watching the oppo because he had no idea how to craft an opening or change things once he'd seen their set up. It showed a lack of nouse as did his appointment...

No the opposition watches us. We are easy to nullify as to predictable. That's the limitation of the available matchday squad.

We have options in midfield and up front, Quinn on bench, where is tshibola ? Sa on bench, Samuel out on loan and scoring goals .. what limitations ?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 17 Jan 2016 17:49

bcubed
Winnershroyal Everything about the game itself has been said so I offer only some observations from yesterday.

Don't feel like adding anything else about the game but I can confirm that the atmosphere in the stadium I s brilliant when full. Only know this from watching rugby there - Northampton Saints played there one year in a European Game to get a bigger crowd.

Not surprised rugby gets a crowd, they have all the characteristics we lack ..

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2016 17:58

Longhorn1970
Lower West
Longhorn1970

We have options in midfield and up front, Quinn on bench, where is tshibola ? Sa on bench, Samuel out on loan and scoring goals .. what limitations ?

Tshibola supposedly picked up another knock, Sa's not exactly set the world alight, and as you say, Samuel is out on loan and so not in the squad currently.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 17 Jan 2016 18:57

Longhorn1970

Where would you play Quinn? Who would you drop.

Tshilbola out injured.

Sa is off this transfer window .

Samuel needs the experience and also physically toughen up. ( As was the case with Tshilbola last season). To see if they can make the grade. Throwing young players into a team playing with with no confidence will make no difference.

Rebuilding a team takes time.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 17 Jan 2016 20:18

Lower West
Longhorn1970

Where would you play Quinn? Who would you drop?

Williams.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2016 20:30

CountryRoyal
Lower West
Longhorn1970

Where would you play Quinn? Who would you drop?

Williams.

Williams, for all his blind alleys and woeful long shots, is at least scoring a few and does drive us forward. I think we'd miss him if he was dropped.

VOR

by VOR » 17 Jan 2016 20:58

windermere_royal Just piss off McDermott you are crap and always will be.

Yeah, so crap he rescued us from relegation and got us into the play-offs in his first season and got a mediocre squad promoted as champions the following year. Crap, crap, crap. Perhaps you need a lie down in a darkened room while McD is given a little time to sort it out, FFS.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Jan 2016 22:14

Longhorn1970
bcubed

Not surprised rugby gets a crowd, they have all the characteristics we lack ..

He's talking about MK not Reading you tit. And anyway what would these "characteristics" be?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Jan 2016 22:18

Why is he crap, windermere_royal?

And what gives you the authority to make that statement?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 17 Jan 2016 22:40

Not surprised rugby gets a crowd, they have all the characteristics we lack ..[/quote]

He's talking about MK not Reading you tit. And anyway what would these "characteristics" be?[/quote]

I know perfectly well what he meant, and if you watched our games under BM you will know what characteristics we lack ..

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Jan 2016 22:59

Longhorn1970 Not surprised rugby gets a crowd, they have all the characteristics we lack ..

He's talking about MK not Reading you tit. And anyway what would these "characteristics" be?[/quote]

I know perfectly well what he meant, and if you watched our games under BM you will know what characteristics we lack ..[/quote]

So what are they? Picking the ball up? Wrestling people to the ground? Pretending to have blood injuries?

Don't attempt to get clever with me, what would these "characteristics" be? (again)

Lenny The Tramp

by Lenny The Tramp » 18 Jan 2016 09:47

Muskrat, they'll be raking it in if Spurs play there for two years during White Hart Lane rebuild.

I think the stadium looks fantastic from pics on the net and tv.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 18 Jan 2016 09:53

Brilliant stadium, showed how outdated the Madejski is in comparison.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 18 Jan 2016 10:08

I hadn't realised that Stadium MK opened in 2005. Thought it was only a few years old. Anyway, terrible for trying to create an atmosphere as we were strung out over too long a stand. Imagine it being good when full though.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Jan 2016 10:12

:lol:

149 posts