How impressed are you with BMcD's return to the club?

2058 posts
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: How impressed are you with BMcD's return to the club?

by Maneki Neko » 13 May 2016 11:03

Our form had already nose dived tbf, and all the attitude probkens were welk evident

Plus I was kind joking you big lummox

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 13 May 2016 11:14

Maneki Neko Our form had already nose dived tbf, and all the attitude probkens were welk evident

Yeah we know. So Brian's objective wasn't to turn that around then? Merely keep it the same? Ok, and I guess the attidude problems in the dressing room are not his responsibility either.

Take Brian's dick out of your mouth pal, then we'll be able to understand you better.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 May 2016 11:15

RoyallyFcuked
Maneki Neko
Longhorn1970
Has it escaped your memory that our season wasn't over when BM took over ..

no, absolutely right. we were in a relegation battle.
glad to have you on board the pro McDermott happy bus

We should have been looking to push for the play off places though, especially considering the start we had. You're telling me the objective was to merely stay up? :lol:

Hang on, doesn't mid table at Christmas under Brian sound familar? And where did we end up the last two times that happened?

Do you not understand that a lot of our players didn't give a damn this season?

We had 6 loan players who couldn't give a flying f*ck which division Reading would be playing in next season because they had other plans. We had players like Robson Kanu who knew he would be leaving as well in the summer and a few others who really don't care where Reading will be next year.

We had a whinging bast*rd of a manager who spread negativity through the camp because we had no money to spend. And unless we spend a sh*t load on over paid stars we couldn't hope to get a promotion winning side together. In the end he got backed more than any Reading manager we've seen for a while and he still messed it up.

Don't worry, Brian will get the Royals back on track. We will have a decent enough side next year. It could look something like this.

GK: Al Habsi (EXCITING NEW GK SIGNING)
RB: Gunter
LB: Obita
CB: McShane
CB: Cooper (EXCITING NEW CB SIGNING)
RW: McCleary
CM: Tishbola
CM: Quinn
LW: Fosu or (EXCITING NEW LEFT WING SIGNING)
CF: Kermorgant
CF: Rakels/Samuel (EXCITING NEW STRIKER SIGNING)

This is the core of a decent side in my opinion. A few really exciting additions in the right areas could make all the difference. Clear out the rest of the dead wood and that includes Norwood and Williams who should find other clubs in my opinion.

We got Evans as back up in the Centre Midfield area. We definitely need one more CB to compete with Cooper and McShane.
This side should keep us in the Championship and if Brian adds some class to it then we could be going places. But, he'll probably be looking for the new Shane Longs and Kevin Doyles and that may take time for them to make their marks, so I'll be happy with mid table next season and preserve our Championship status and build from there. But you never know with Brian. He has shown that he can take the ordinary and turn it into the beautiful. With Brian as boss, you never know, we might even get promoted next season. It is certainly not impossible. If Steve Clarke was manager, he'd only be moaning and would probably go and interview with Bristol City if the chance came up. Then he'd come back and moan some more.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 13 May 2016 11:52

So how long are you going to give Brian to get things right next season?

Will it be the old cliché of "Until Christmas"?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 May 2016 12:02

No Fixed Abode So how long are you going to give Brian to get things right next season?

I don't think we'll have a problem next season. As long as we are not under threat of getting relegated, he can have the whole of next season and the year after as well.

We are not good enough at the moment to get promoted. But, keeping us safe buys him time to make the necessary improvements.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 13 May 2016 12:07

Top Flight
No Fixed Abode So how long are you going to give Brian to get things right next season?

I don't think we'll have a problem next season. As long as we are not under threat of getting relegated, he can have the whole of next season and the year after as well.

We are not good enough at the moment to get promoted. But, keeping us safe buys him time to make the necessary improvements.

I don't think the Thai's will want another season like this one though......could be the end of BM if so.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 May 2016 12:08

Top Flight This is the core of a decent side in my opinion. A few really exciting additions in the right areas could make all the difference. Clear out the rest of the dead wood and that includes Norwood and Williams who should find other clubs in my opinion.

We got Evans as back up in the Centre Midfield area. We definitely need one more CB to compete with Cooper and McShane.
This side should keep us in the Championship and if Brian adds some class to it then we could be going places.

I agree on this, to an extent, but I can't help but wonder why, if this is what you think of the squad we'll possibly have, it will be such a success if McDermott just avoids relegation?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 May 2016 12:26

Hoop Blah
Top Flight This is the core of a decent side in my opinion. A few really exciting additions in the right areas could make all the difference. Clear out the rest of the dead wood and that includes Norwood and Williams who should find other clubs in my opinion.

This side should keep us in the Championship and if Brian adds some class to it then we could be going places.

I agree on this, to an extent, but I can't help but wonder why, if this is what you think of the squad we'll possibly have, it will be such a success if McDermott just avoids relegation?

Because, I think that given enough time, McDermott will get us in the Premier League. If we are struggling a bit, as long as we stay up there shouldn't be a clamour for McDermott to head out the exit door. As long as we stay up next season, I'm happy. I'm hoping and optimistic that we can do a lot more than that. But, I'll be happy with survival because I know that the transformation that is taking place at Reading FC this summer is monumental. This is the most challenging set of circumstances that a manager at Reading has had to deal with for a while.

I don't want to see chopping and changing of the manager. I want to see stability and a good manager that we know McDermott is, given the time and patience that is needed to build something special.

Rash decision making will see us head to the third tier of English football. If we just calm down, keep our heads and support McDermott as much as possible then I can see a bright future for Reading FC and a return to the top flight.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 May 2016 12:30

No Fixed Abode
Top Flight

I don't think the Thai's will want another season like this one though......could be the end of BM if so.

A lot of our problems have been down to the Thai's. The Thai's need to improve if they don't want a season like the last one. As long as the Thai's keep learning and hopefully they are humble enough to listen to Howe and Madejski then they will make the right decisions.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 13 May 2016 12:58

Top Flight I don't really like his tactics either at the moment.

But I'll allow it for now because it doesn't matter anymore. He needs freedom to experiment without being slammed all the time. If he doesn't try his diamond then he won't know that we're useless at it.

There's nothing wrong with being Slammed all the time

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 May 2016 13:03

:D

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 13 May 2016 13:06

RoyallyFcuked
Maneki Neko Our form had already nose dived tbf, and all the attitude probkens were welk evident

Yeah we know. So Brian's objective wasn't to turn that around then? Merely keep it the same? Ok, and I guess the attidude problems in the dressing room are not his responsibility either.

Take Brian's dick out of your mouth pal, then we'll be able to understand you better.

+1

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 May 2016 13:12

Longhorn, my good friend, what is your blueprint for success?

What do you think our owners should realistically do to bring the good days back to Reading FC?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 May 2016 13:53

RoyallyFcuked

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok m8. calm down.
lummox isn't that much of an insult you know.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 May 2016 13:54

December the 12th

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 May 2016 14:12

As long as we're 4th from bottom or above by December the 12th, then we extend our goodwill towards Brian until the end of the season.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 13 May 2016 14:20

Top Flight Longhorn, my good friend, what is your blueprint for success?

What do you think our owners should realistically do to bring the good days back to Reading FC?

Have you read the owners end of season statement ? In summary they say they remain committed to the club and want premier league football. It's a long statement talking about a learning process, development, recognising failings and disappointments this year and saying players have under performed but not once do they back BM.
I firmly believe they are trying to sort out the finances but as we all know significant investment is probably the only sure fire way of competing (sad though that is). That's not to say I agree with it or suggest the owners borrow vast sums, there has to be sound investment which the owners/board have the conundrum of sourcing.
Interesting from David Sullivan (WHU) the other night when he said they will buy players for now not the future which is a brave concept and one which has worked for them ...

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 May 2016 14:34

Which manager would you appoint instead of Brian?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 May 2016 14:39

Top Flight
Hoop Blah

Because, I think that given enough time, McDermott will get us in the Premier League. If we are struggling a bit, as long as we stay up there shouldn't be a clamour for McDermott to head out the exit door. As long as we stay up next season, I'm happy. I'm hoping and optimistic that we can do a lot more than that. But, I'll be happy with survival because I know that the transformation that is taking place at Reading FC this summer is monumental. This is the most challenging set of circumstances that a manager at Reading has had to deal with for a while.

I don't want to see chopping and changing of the manager. I want to see stability and a good manager that we know McDermott is, given the time and patience that is needed to build something special.

Rash decision making will see us head to the third tier of English football. If we just calm down, keep our heads and support McDermott as much as possible then I can see a bright future for Reading FC and a return to the top flight.

All of that is fine, but it's an argument for sticking with McDermott through some sticky times but it's not an explanation as to why you think it will be a success for McDermott to just avoid relegation next season.

The two are quite different really.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 13 May 2016 14:44

Can we assume that if we get through today without Brian being sacked that he'll be the manager until Christmas at least?

2058 posts