by Royal Tezza » 28 Jan 2016 11:56

Mcdermott doesn't like himmmmmm
DENN-is Rakels
DENN-is Rakels.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Deniss Rakels

by Sutekh » 28 Jan 2016 11:57

This transfer is definitely happening according to CW, just waiting for the medical results to complete then it will be official.

Therefore would expect The Menace to be available for the Walsall game....

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Jan 2016 12:00

If (and it's a big if) Rakels comes in and scores a bag load of goals, will anyone really care if he's an "owner" signing or not?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Jan 2016 12:01

BR2 Maybe this is a move towards the European module where the guy running the team/ squad is a coach and not a manager as we have been used to here.
It is common abroad for players to be bought with not necessarily any input from the manager (Real Madrid being a classic case) and the coach has to just get on and get the best out of those players.
Reading the new Real Madrid?

Hope not, all those European Cups would get boring....

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Jan 2016 12:02

Sutekh You have ask what is the point of employing a manager, then foisting players on him only to sack him when it all goes wrong.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Jan 2016 12:02

As a bit of silliness here's a tenuous and highly implausible link between Rakels and the Thais for the conspiracy theorists.

Board-member Theekharoj Piamphongsarn has a background in private banking and has been involved in 'developing the south-east asian market, especially Thailand'. http://www.aurusam.com/www/Our_Team.html. KS Cracovia's main sponsors are a company called Comarch

Comarch signed some sort of deal to bring internet banking to Thailand http://www.telecompaper.com/news/comarch-brings-internet-banking-service-to-thailand--693789 Eh eh?

Shows you can make a conspiracy theory out of anything.

Esteban

by Esteban » 28 Jan 2016 12:19

Royal Ginger As a bit of silliness here's a tenuous and highly implausible link between Rakels and the Thais for the conspiracy theorists.

Board-member Theekharoj Piamphongsarn has a background in private banking and has been involved in 'developing the south-east asian market, especially Thailand'. http://www.aurusam.com/www/Our_Team.html. KS Cracovia's main sponsors are a company called Comarch

Comarch signed some sort of deal to bring internet banking to Thailand http://www.telecompaper.com/news/comarch-brings-internet-banking-service-to-thailand--693789 Eh eh?

I rarely disagree with much of what you post RG, but McDermott has stated pretty categorically to Charles Watts today that Rakels is an owner signing.

I think the whole transfer process needs to be clarified by the club. If the 'owner signings' are based on solid scouting, frank discussions with the manager and ultimately the manager's decision is final, then I can live with that. What nobody wants to see is the manager bypassed completely.

Just because Rakels was suggested by the owners or their representatives, it doesn't mean that McDermott wasn't persuaded he is a good fit and made the final call. I am yet to be convinced of that though.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 28 Jan 2016 12:23

Tbf he looks lethal on Youtube from about two yards out. But check out the goal at 5:17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dsml82d4tE

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 28 Jan 2016 12:24

He likes the "shhhh" celebration

I can see him winding a fair few oppo's up

I like him

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 28 Jan 2016 12:29

TBM He likes the "shhhh" celebration

I can see him winding a fair few oppo's up

I like him

Yeah, tbf a lot of those goals required a deal of bravery to get in the position to head it in the first place, which is a sign of a player with a bit of heart maybe?

I don't like to see neck tattoos though.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Jan 2016 12:33

Looking at that he looks a decent goal scorer. No messing, most of his goals were one touch, back of the net. Seems to take up decent positions.
He may have a much longer highlights package of glaring misses but from that little lot he would seem to give us something we're currently missing ( and Sa never looked like providing) which is an out and out goal scorer.
How he fits in with Vydra and Kermogant will be interesting.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 28 Jan 2016 12:39

:lol: @ the idea our owners just sign players without consulting or discussing with the DoF or manager. If Brian didn't want the player pretty sure we wouldn't be signing him.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 28 Jan 2016 12:41

Nameless Looking at that he looks a decent goal scorer. No messing, most of his goals were one touch, back of the net. Seems to take up decent positions.
He may have a much longer highlights package of glaring misses but from that little lot he would seem to give us something we're currently missing ( and Sa never looked like providing) which is an out and out goal scorer.
How he fits in with Vydra and Kermogant will be interesting.

26 in 61 games for Cracovia does suggest he knows where the goal is at least at that standard of football.

I'm liking this, I'm absolutely convinced now that this will be a great success.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Jan 2016 12:49

Esteban
Royal Ginger As a bit of silliness here's a tenuous and highly implausible link between Rakels and the Thais for the conspiracy theorists.

I rarely disagree with much of what you post RG, but McDermott has stated pretty categorically to Charles Watts today that Rakels is an owner signing.

I think the whole transfer process needs to be clarified by the club. If the 'owner signings' are based on solid scouting, frank discussions with the manager and ultimately the manager's decision is final, then I can live with that. What nobody wants to see is the manager bypassed completely.

Just because Rakels was suggested by the owners or their representatives, it doesn't mean that McDermott wasn't persuaded he is a good fit and made the final call. I am yet to be convinced of that though.

My apologies, i was unclear, i completely agree this is clearly a owner signing as CW has quoted Brian, i was just having a quick sniff around to see if i could find an ownership link between the two clubs as to WHY the owners would have selected such an obscure player, but the only link i could crowbar together was the exceedingly tenuous connections above which are clearly nothing to do with it. The reasoning remains a bit of a mystery.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 28 Jan 2016 12:53

Deniss Rakels? Didn't he have a hit with 'Forever & Ever'?

The Toni and Guys buying more foreign rubbish that some foul energy drink gets more exposure in foreign lands :lol:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Jan 2016 13:05

Royal Ginger
My apologies, i was unclear, i completely agree this is clearly a owner signing as CW has quoted Brian, i was just having a quick sniff around to see if i could find an ownership link between the two clubs as to WHY the owners would have selected such an obscure player, but the only link i could crowbar together was the exceedingly tenuous connections above which are clearly nothing to do with it. The reasoning remains a bit of a mystery.

Bet this happens more than we'd expect. Two strangers meet at a business event, get chatting, eventually find common link in football. First guy raves about a player he saw a couple of times, second guy gets excited in case he's found a new star before his value goes through the roof. One thing leads to another as they each want to be mates with each other to smooth business relationship.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jan 2016 13:08

Imagine if he turns out to be amazing, though

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Jan 2016 13:12

genome Imagine if he turns out to be amazing, though

That would be amazing

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 28 Jan 2016 13:13

If he's got the mighty Kaspers Gorkss endorsement then that's good enough for me.

And Brian it would seem.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 28 Jan 2016 13:16

Nameless
genome Imagine if he turns out to be amazing, though

That would be amazing

'Greed, amazing

357 posts