BFTG - Huddersfield

225 posts
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Huddersfield

by John Smith » 20 Jan 2016 12:18

Great value for a tenner last night.

That's gotta be the worst 15mins I've ever seen at the beginning of the first half. Think we were a little lucky with it being a red but I suppose that might be the swings and roundabouts effect from Saturday. Brian's teamtalk worked wonders, he's a real confidence instiller.

Shoutout to the half dozen muppets in the east up the back who didn't stop moaning. It annoys me that when I've been to games in Germany they only get behind the team and never single out one player to moan at. If you have to do it after the game.

Anton Ferdinand was shit.

Thanks for reading.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 20 Jan 2016 12:26

genome
No Fixed Abode
Nameless It was actually closed before they had put tickets on sale.
Not sure why it is if interest to a Troll, but nice that Kes continues to be part of our family after all these years.

Troll? It's a fact.

Why do you care?

There was a TV programme recently about internet trolls. it was suggested that it is primarily to do with low self esteem. They can't get a response regarding something positive or nice so sink down to just posting negative comments about things so as to get a response. It is the response that is important, not the content of it. Ultimately though it doesn't actually help their self esteem issue, that small high they get from a response is short lived and the low that follows even lower than before once they stop and think about what they have become.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Jan 2016 12:29

wingnut Of course free kicks are always taken from exactly where the offence happened.

To give you the benefit of the doubt, I've watched it again - the free kick was taken within a yard of where the offence occurred - not out on the left

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 20 Jan 2016 12:31

Franchise FC
wingnut Of course free kicks are always taken from exactly where the offence happened.

To give you the benefit of the doubt, I've watched it again - the free kick was taken within a yard of where the offence occurred - not out on the left

Don't let facts interrupt a good row!

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 20 Jan 2016 12:34

I feel that turning a mundane FA Cup draw into not one, but two games worth talking about is very Brian. i think we can add that to the list of things to be happy with along with 'scoring 5 at home' and 'Vydra getting a hat-trick'. We are happy, right?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Jan 2016 12:35

I'm fucking happy.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Jan 2016 12:51

Winston Smith
genome
No Fixed Abode
Troll? It's a fact.

Why do you care?

There was a TV programme recently about internet trolls. it was suggested that it is primarily to do with low self esteem. They can't get a response regarding something positive or nice so sink down to just posting negative comments about things so as to get a response. It is the response that is important, not the content of it. Ultimately though it doesn't actually help their self esteem issue, that small high they get from a response is short lived and the low that follows even lower than before once they stop and think about what they have become.

Says someone who trolls over on General Football.

The point is, people say The Magic of the cup. I'm not so sure....

Esteban

by Esteban » 20 Jan 2016 13:04

Snowball136 The first goal wasn't "Cooper's fault."

It was McDermott's fault for allowing a 20-year old kid to be exposed (poor defensive drill)

it was Ferdinand's fault for not being alongside Cooper, the team's fault for not screaming
at him to be further upfield where a mistake would be less costly

It was Gunter's fault for being nowhere

It was (partly) Taylor's fault for not covering Gunter and Ferdinand's absence

It was the midfield's fault for going missing and giving the ball away

WTF, in a professional game is a raw 20-year old doing, almost the only player in his half
up against Wells, a clever, quick sought-after striker?

Cooper is 6" 7', Wells isn't even close to that. Cooper missed a free header, but he's young, he'll make mistakes. It's up to him to learn from them, not everyone else to cover his arse.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 20 Jan 2016 13:06

Sad that McCleary got injured again.
I do hope that Brian follows his mantra of making little or no changes to a side and brings in a right-sided player to play on the right?
Is this Hurtado's big chance to shine or will Brian mess about with a left-sided (HRK, John or Quinn) player turning out on the right?

BTW lol at the slagging off given to wingnut and jano for expressing a view and then the production of (un)scientific evidence of a justified red.
If you are at a game you get a feeling over whether a decision is right and these guys had a certain feeling about this incident-FFS let people have a view even if you think it is wrong.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Jan 2016 13:11

To be fair though BR, that feeling is totally wrong and people are just pointing that out. They're the ones who are digging in their heels and making an argument out of it when it's a pretty clear red really.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Jan 2016 13:15

ZacNaloen I'm fucking happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W51jjuLq8s

41 seconds in. Cheers.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jan 2016 13:17

It's harsh because it's not a deliberate foul, more an overly physical attempt to get back to the ball through Vydra.

But it's as clear a denial of a goalscoring opportunity as I've seen in a while. The only reason Vydra didn't have the ball under control is because he was being fouled. It was pretty darn central - going straight at goal and no one close enough to stop him. Definite red.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 20 Jan 2016 13:17

West Stand Man
Mr Optimist
genome You've been on the Team board at lot lately, what happened to your mantra of not getting worked up about teams that don't affect you?

Attack being the best form of defence I think. Gives him a feeling of superiority, a bit like the thick older kid who is held back a year at school and likes to lord it over the smaller kids in the class by pushing them around in the playground.

In reality he is jealous of our connection and sense of pride to our local hometown team when he has opted for the false glamour of "supporting" a club 40 miles away that he has no real ties to, to boost his self esteem. Am I close?

....and there you completely lost the moral high ground

You are right WSM. Now edited. Apologies to anyone if I caused them any offence.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 20 Jan 2016 13:24

Winston Smith

I saw that

The notable traits of a troll were seeking out sensitive issues where people were more likely to give an emotional response, provoke said emotional response, and then mock the emotional response.

If the response was reasoned and rational, make out the response was emotional and mock it. Usually leading to a genuine emotional response.

Sounds very familiar.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 20 Jan 2016 13:31

ffs he is not a troll he is a pcunt - there is a difference :roll:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Jan 2016 13:31

BR2 Sad that McCleary got injured again.
I do hope that Brian follows his mantra of making little or no changes to a side and brings in a right-sided player to play on the right?
Is this Hurtado's big chance to shine or will Brian mess about with a left-sided (HRK, John or Quinn) player turning out on the right?

BTW lol at the slagging off given to wingnut and jano for expressing a view and then the production of (un)scientific evidence of a justified red.
If you are at a game you get a feeling over whether a decision is right and these guys had a certain feeling about this incident-FFS let people have a view even if you think it is wrong.

Disagreement is allowed either way, yeah?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 20 Jan 2016 13:44

BR2 Sad that McCleary got injured again.

The issue is that they are clinging to that view even when confronted with clearer evidence than seeing it in real time at the stadium.

Jano

by Jano » 20 Jan 2016 13:48

In your opinion.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 20 Jan 2016 13:52

WoodleyRoyal ffs he is not a troll he is a pcunt - there is a difference :roll:

He's not the messiah, he's a very naught boy

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Jan 2016 13:54

Extended-Phenotype
Winston Smith

I saw that

The notable traits of a troll were seeking out sensitive issues where people were more likely to give an emotional response, provoke said emotional response, and then mock the emotional response.

If the response was reasoned and rational, make out the response was emotional and mock it. Usually leading to a genuine emotional response.

Sounds very familiar.

Yes - the worst kind were those who dished out personal insults about someone they don't know. :lol: Sound familiar?

225 posts