BFTG - Rotherham

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Rotherham

by genome » 24 Feb 2016 12:07

bobby1413 The same bellmonts behind me in row CC (I think) of Y25 chanting hilariously "we're fcking sh1t" - great.

You must be right in front of me Bobby? Those guys were sat right next to me.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Feb 2016 12:13

Longhorn1970
leon
Maneki Neko
rakels?

'ck off

To say he didn't make a difference when we went two up front is quite stunning.

Pretty ineffective and remains a dud with kormorant, Piazon made an impact against WBA and his reward is ?

He was very effective last night. We scored the winner when he came on and changed the play.

It was always going to be a battle. Piazon would been eaten alive last night.

These last few days must have been pretty traumatic for you, what with Reading winning and all that.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Feb 2016 12:14

genome
bobby1413 The same bellmonts behind me in row CC (I think) of Y25 chanting hilariously "we're fcking sh1t" - great.

You must be right in front of me Bobby? Those guys are me.

:shock:

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 24 Feb 2016 12:19

Zammo
leon
Maneki Neko
rakels?

'ck off

Absolute Reading legend already.

Leg-end

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 24 Feb 2016 12:22

Longhorn1970
leon
Maneki Neko
rakels?

'ck off

Pretty ineffective and remains a dud with kormorant, Piazon made an impact against WBA and his reward is ?

He came on in the 93rd minute :lol:

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 24 Feb 2016 12:24

RoyalJames101
Longhorn1970
leon

He came on in the 93rd minute :lol:

Exactly and he didn't need a dog and a whistle to find the back of the net ..

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Feb 2016 12:24

leon
genome

You must be right in front of me Bobby? Those guys are me.

:shock:

Thankfully not.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Feb 2016 12:27

It's nice to see someone has taken up sandman's mantle of taking on the opposing view of anyone with a brain just to be contrary, now sandy's got his fav back and can stop sulking.

It was fairly tiresome with sandy, but longhorn is taking it to new depths.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 24 Feb 2016 12:37

Hoop Blah
SCIAG First up, from the North Stand it looked like a stonewall penalty. Rotherham very unlucky.

I don't think that midfield was right at all. Norwood and Hector are both naturally defensive minded players. IMO in a midfield three you either need one defensive player (Norwood/Hector/maybe Fernandez) and two box-to-box (Williams/Quinn/Tshibola/Fernandez - not sure where Evans fits in), or two defensive players and one in a more advanced role. That could be Williams or Quinn with the right instruction, but I think Piazon or Rakels would make more sense. I don't think you can drop Norwood because he's such a threat at set pieces, and Hector's in good form, so I'd really push Quinn on or else drop him.

As it was, Kermogant was even more isolated than Pog ever was. I thought John and HRK had decent games, but Rotherham got too many back behind the ball and they struggled to break them down at times.

Dull game, typical of Warnock, glad we won.

Evans is an odd one. From what I've read and heard his natural position would be in front of the back four, as Hector played last night. Tshibola would be a similar role too wouldn't he? I'd expect both of them to be a little more adventurous than Hector though, as hinted at by the calling into BBC Berks last night. Norwood is kind of similar too though, which is fine if we want to play two players protecting the back four.

For me Quinns best role looks to be as the left of a 3 or as a more defensive wide midfielder to compensate for a winger on the right, as Clarke had as playing in September. He's such a good little player though he can probably be effective in anywhere in our midfield.

FWIW Evans sees himself as a box to box midfielder rather than a defensive/holding one. Certainly according to his interview shortly after he signed.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 24 Feb 2016 12:47

If you still hate Futcher
West Stand Man
sandman :|

John was the only one trying anything in the first half.

I am talking about the actual game at Madejski Stadium not your computer game!

OJ ran around like a headless, impactless chicken and was lucky that Norwood looked even more off form when it came to the first substitution. It was inevitable that he was going off.

You seem to be in a minority of one on John's (really don't want to call him OJ) effectiveness -he was good going forward and was even getting back and covering Obita just before being hooked.

Ollie was taken off purely because the midfield was comfortable and we needed another forward, nothing to do with his performance, and it worked immediately.

I stand corrected on the penalty, if it was that certain I would've expected them to make more of it - Colin didn't even mention it to the 4th official.

On the ref, I thought he was going to lose it when he started dishing out the cards but he soon got bored with that and then began wanting to get more involved in the game - I've never seen a ref win a header before

In a minority of one, with Mick Gooding, Tim Dellor and Adie Williams. And quite a few people in the stadium who don't comment on here.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 24 Feb 2016 13:34

genome

Ah no, I am in Row Z... I am guessing they are in row CC just from roughly counting back.

One of them is a larger tall guy. I think they start a fair amount of chants but also boo when any McDermott song is sung

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Feb 2016 13:35

Vision FWIW Evans sees himself as a box to box midfielder rather than a defensive/holding one. Certainly according to his interview shortly after he signed.

Interesting, that might make a little more sense of why we brought him in then.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 24 Feb 2016 13:39

bobby1413
genome

Ah no, I am in Row Z... I am guessing they are in row CC just from roughly counting back.

One of them is a larger tall guy. I think they start a fair amount of chants but also boo when any McDermott song is sung

I think I know who you are referring too. Either the guy who wears shorts a lot of the time or the one who was wearing a bobble hat last night?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Feb 2016 13:40

bobby1413
genome

You are correct, it is row CC. Those chaps don't boo Brian though, that's another guy who is a row further back.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Feb 2016 15:10

Just seen the highlights. What was Kermie playing at for the goal. Tips the ball round for Rakels to get in behind and the just stops.

He should have been busting a gut to get in the box and provide an out. Instead the pull back went to three yellow shirts and only their shitness and a crap lunge from Kermorgant let it break kindly for Hal to finish.

Don't stand admiring your pass you clown, look for the return ball and get in the mofo box.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 24 Feb 2016 15:26

leon
Longhorn1970
leon

He was very effective last night. We scored the winner when he came on and changed the play.

These last few days must have been pretty traumatic for you, what with Reading winning and all that.

Having just seen the goal, it was a good run to get the ball but what a shit pass back - if it wasn't for Kermitthefrog, we wouldn't have scored that as the cross went to nobody

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Feb 2016 15:51

TBM
leon
Longhorn1970

Having just seen the goal, it was a good run to get the ball but what a shit pass back - if it wasn't for Kermitthefrog, we wouldn't have scored that as the cross went to nobody

See my post above.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Feb 2016 15:59

We scored didn't we?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 24 Feb 2016 16:27

Ian Royal Just seen the highlights. What was Kermie playing at for the goal. Tips the ball round for Rakels to get in behind and the just stops.

He should have been busting a gut to get in the box and provide an out. Instead the pull back went to three yellow shirts and only their shitness and a crap lunge from Kermorgant let it break kindly for Hal to finish.

Don't stand admiring your pass you clown, look for the return ball and get in the mofo box.

No i think thats harsh - he flicked it, thinking it was a through ball....when it turned out Rakels was going wider he then got to where he did and nipped in front of the defender. IF he had been in the box like you suggest then i doubt we would have scored

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Feb 2016 16:30

leon We scored didn't we?

Yes, somewhat fortuitously and with definite room for improvement.

As long as we're picking up the points there's plenty of time for performances to follow.

I'm losing a little patience with Mr Kermorgant though. Early days yet of course.