Back On the train- Charlton

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back On the train- Charlton

by Maneki Neko » 29 Feb 2016 09:56

bobby1413 Ady Williams is also the guy who said last week:

"I noticed the ball boys have made a return this week. Every time the ball went out, one would go and get the ball and throw it back in. Just like the old days"

And

"The west Brom fans in the ... What stand is that?" ... Tim says "south" ... "Yes the west Brom fans in the south stand"

also heard him recently saying something like- Vydra....take away his goal and assist and hes done absolutely nothing

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 29 Feb 2016 10:12

Ian Royal 11 minutes of highlights on Player. Cooper looks like he had a bit of a 'mare. The whole team looked all over the place defensively though.

Some cracking finishing. Norwood looked to be playing quite high, i wonder if that was a problem... defensively he's been veey good this season.

Norwood was almost completely ineffectual in the position he was played in, doesn't get the ball nearly enough and when he did he didn't have 'the picture' in front of him..... obviously suffering from Hector's inclusion in front of the back 4.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Feb 2016 11:00

jd82
Ian Royal 11 minutes of highlights on Player. Cooper looks like he had a bit of a 'mare. The whole team looked all over the place defensively though.

Some cracking finishing. Norwood looked to be playing quite high, i wonder if that was a problem... defensively he's been veey good this season.

Norwood was almost completely ineffectual in the position he was played in, doesn't get the ball nearly enough and when he did he didn't have 'the picture' in front of him..... obviously suffering from Hector's inclusion in front of the back 4.

Yes, he's not been at his best for a while and it mostly corresponds with Hector coming in to mifield. Personally I'd drop Hector for Williams and push Norwood deeper again, but I can see an argument for dropping the lower current performer.

I just think Norwood offers so much, like a force multiplier. Until a month ago he was obvious PotS material.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Feb 2016 13:33

Ian Royal
jd82

Yes, he's not been at his best for a while and it mostly corresponds with Hector coming in to mifield. Personally I'd drop Hector for Williams and push Norwood deeper again, but I can see an argument for dropping the lower current performer.

I just think Norwood offers so much, like a force multiplier. Until a month ago he was obvious PotS material.

You say that, but Hector as DM has coincided with their best performances or certainly results since McD has come in.

If it ain't broke don't fix it imho. The only thing I'd do is bring in Piazon as an attacking midfielder.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 29 Feb 2016 14:22

Incredible game that we somehow managed to make difficult for ourselves.

Fair play to Charlton for fighting back, 3-1 down at home and bottom of the league they could have quite easily crumbled. Glad we managed to get the winner as it was probably deserved.

Kermorgant showed that he's got that touch of class and he'll do well for us. I'm glad we've finally found a way to fit Ola John into the team. He can't play on the left of a midfield 4 because he lacks defensive work but on the left of a front 3 he looks a much better fit. Quinn was solid as ever.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 29 Feb 2016 14:24

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal
jd82

You say that, but Hector as DM has coincided with their best performances or certainly results since McD has come in.

If it ain't broke don't fix it imho. The only thing I'd do is bring in Piazon as an attacking midfielder.

We were shambolic defensively for large parts of Saturday, not sure you can say a unit that concedes 3 and could have conceded 3/4 more against a team adrift at the bottom of the league (admittedly with a prety decent loan striker) 'ain't broke'.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Feb 2016 14:49

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal
jd82

Yes, he's not been at his best for a while and it mostly corresponds with Hector coming in to midfield. Personally I'd drop Hector for Williams and push Norwood deeper again, but I can see an argument for dropping the lower current performer.

For who? Norwood? I think Piazon's too lightweight to the job given where we are at the moment. Certainly for Norwood who's defensively very underrated.

I would expect Brian to go with the same XI though. Give Williams more time off the bench and (hopefully) bring Vydra back into the squad if he can get him fit.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Mar 2016 14:25

jd82
CountryRoyal
Ian Royal Yes, he's not been at his best for a while and it mostly corresponds with Hector coming in to mifield. Personally I'd drop Hector for Williams and push Norwood deeper again, but I can see an argument for dropping the lower current performer.

We were shambolic defensively for large parts of Saturday, not sure you can say a unit that concedes 3 and could have conceded 3/4 more against a team adrift at the bottom of the league (admittedly with a prety decent loan striker) 'ain't broke'.

The team wasn't set out wrong, but everyone made individual errors which culminated in some overall atrocious defending. Was Hector at fault? Sure he was, but no more so than Cooper. Stalwart McDhane wasn't exactly soLOLid.

Compared to how we've been defending in recent weeks I'd say it was just an off day, a really sloppy off day. We were better going forward so obviously sacrificed some defensive prowess but we just need to hone it back a bit and find the balance. I'm not sure taking out Hector would do that.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Mar 2016 14:32

Ian Royal
CountryRoyal
Ian Royal Yes, he's not been at his best for a while and it mostly corresponds with Hector coming in to midfield. Personally I'd drop Hector for Williams and push Norwood deeper again, but I can see an argument for dropping the lower current performer.

For who? Norwood? I think Piazon's too lightweight to the job given where we are at the moment. Certainly for Norwood who's defensively very underrated.

I would expect Brian to go with the same XI though. Give Williams more time off the bench and (hopefully) bring Vydra back into the squad if he can get him fit.

I'd sacrifice our wingers (seems silly after HRK playing well recently and John good on Saturday).

4-3-1-2 with Hector sitting slightly behind Norwood and Quinn.

Norwood--------Hector--------Quinn
--------------------Piazon------------------

Then we have wingers off the bench to add any width if we need it.

Of course I don't actually expect McD to do anything that would drop HRK and I'd keep it the same for now.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Mar 2016 14:39

CountryRoyal
Ian Royal
CountryRoyal

I'd sacrifice our wingers (seems silly after HRK playing well recently and John good on Saturday).

4-3-1-2 with Hector sitting slightly behind Norwood and Quinn.

Norwood--------Hector--------Quinn
--------------------Piazon------------------

Then we have wingers off the bench to add any width if we need it.

Of course I don't actually expect McD to do anything that would drop HRK and I'd keep it the same for now.

Fair enough, my reaction to seeing that line up would be close to a meltdown personally. Hate it.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 01 Mar 2016 16:37

For me there's no way you can drop Hector. Since he's come into the side we've looked better defensively (with the exception of Saturday) and he's growing in that role with every game that goes by.

Norwood has tailed off the last couple of weeks but I'm not surprised when you look at how many games he's played.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Mar 2016 13:37

bobby1413
No Fixed Abode By all accounts there were plenty of drunken tw@ts at the game yesterday. A chap I know had to move because some kantish identical twins in their 20s standing behind him kept whacking him on the head and when he asked them to stop they blamed it on their m8. They kept doing it despite being told not to. Apparently they were a dribbling mess.

And plenty of Reading tw@ts on the train too. Why do people act up like this just because they're going to a football match?

Pretty sh1tty behaviour.

The group behind me were in that walk through bit between the Lowerand upper. So standing at the barrier bit.

They commented on how "schmmassssheedddd" they were and spent the majority of the 2nd half chanting "you're farking shittttt" to the home fans. Even at 3-3.

On the tube at London Bridge a group of about 15 were walked to Tube by BTP. On the tube they were singing "let's go fcking mental" and jumping up and down causing the whole carriage to move. The driver couldn't move until they stopped.

I can see now why people are more attracted to Tuesday night away at Rotherham rather than a mass Saturday outing to a local club

Absolutely. And you can sit where you want without moronic monotone chants from cagoule-clad clowns

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 02 Mar 2016 14:24

CountryRoyal
jd82
CountryRoyal

The team wasn't set out wrong, but everyone made individual errors which culminated in some overall atrocious defending. Was Hector at fault? Sure he was, but no more so than Cooper. Stalwart McDhane wasn't exactly soLOLid.

Compared to how we've been defending in recent weeks I'd say it was just an off day, a really sloppy off day. We were better going forward so obviously sacrificed some defensive prowess but we just need to hone it back a bit and find the balance. I'm not sure taking out Hector would do that.

we were pretty much undone by their one quality arsenal player

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Mar 2016 14:35

Maneki Neko
we were pretty much undone by their one quality arsenal player

Scoring his first ever league goals in this country....

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 02 Mar 2016 14:38

we were a bit shit, he was a bit good.
it happens. we won though

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Mar 2016 14:47

The team can't win,

I bet you anything if we won 5-1 there would be nobbers who would dismiss it as "ah, they were shit anyway, it means nothing"

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 03 Mar 2016 09:03

John Smith
bobby1413
I can see now why people are more attracted to Tuesday night away at Rotherham rather than a mass Saturday outing to a local club

Absolutely. And you can sit where you want without moronic monotone chants from cagoule-clad clowns

Really? We took 400 up to Rotherham this year, full of moaning star bellends.

Rather a few pissed up 16 year olds enjoying their life, rather than OAPs hating it.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Mar 2016 09:40

LWJ
John Smith
bobby1413

Rather a few pissed up 16 year olds enjoying their life, rather than OAPs hating it.

+1

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 03 Mar 2016 10:07

LWJ
We took 400 up to Rotherham this year, full of moaning star bellends.

It's even better if there are a few pissed up 16 year olds enjoying their life
WITH the OAP Star Bell-Ends. That way the OAPSBE's can hate their life
AND secretly envy the teens

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Mar 2016 11:27

CountryRoyal
LWJ
John Smith Absolutely. And you can sit where you want without moronic monotone chants from cagoule-clad clowns

+1

To be honest I'd take any fans we can get regardless of how they behave at the game. We all like a beer don't we?