Would you accept an experimental period

quickwingerswife

Would you accept an experimental period

by quickwingerswife » 12 Mar 2016 17:38

Wife away so I have blagged her page. 11 matches to go,would you be happy to see loan players and those looking elsewhere to be left out? So much verbal diarrhoea from all points, including McDermott ,about our academy, is it time to get a regular side in for the end of season from the list who will be starting next season? By that I mean no Vydra, Hector, Robson Kanu and others and in will come Keown, Barrett, Bond, Kuhl etc.

At what point do we assume we are out of the relegation question? For instance, I will not travel to Blackburn with a blow up woman to watch the likes of Vydra or Robson Kanu ,but I would to see Liburd or Samuel for example?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Would you accept an experimental period

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Mar 2016 18:07

When we have won 3 more games yes.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Mar 2016 18:11

We're not safe yet, now isn't the time to experiment.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Mar 2016 18:54

We're also not privy to who the club is looking to retain from those who we may expect to leave. Way too soon for experimentation.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 12 Mar 2016 22:15

When we are safe from regulation. I reckon about ten more points from the next five games should do it, giving the last six matches for the youngsters what they can do.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 12 Mar 2016 22:44

Experimenting when there is an element of risk. Play them know when they know the games mean just a little bit, otherwise it'll be just a glorified u21 game.

Don't play Hector AND Norwood, it's either or now.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 12 Mar 2016 22:44

Experimenting when there is an element of risk. Play them know when they know the games mean just a little bit, otherwise it'll be just a glorified u21 game.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Mar 2016 00:09

Those arseholes Fulham are going down. I really hope

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 13 Mar 2016 08:58

The Royal Forester When we are safe from regulation. I reckon about ten more points from the next five games should do it, giving the last six matches for the youngsters what they can do.

I just had to chuckle at this. we will be lucky to get 10 more points for the rest of the season

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Mar 2016 11:35

We're already safe from relegation.

We need to be looking to finish as high as possible. Top-half should be easily achievable. Then let's just keep racking up the points. I don't think a playoff challenge is realistic, but it's still mathematically possible, so let's chase the dream.

Once the top half is looking secure, maybe start giving youngsters decent runs from the bench. I wonder whether first team minutes might help Fosu and Kuhl rediscover their best form. Keown's the one I'd really like to see play, but I think he's injured.

ROWY

by ROWY » 13 Mar 2016 20:20

It's a no brainer - perfect opportunity for BM to have a look at the kids which should inform his transfer strategy in the summer

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 13 Mar 2016 20:30

SCIAG We're already safe from relegation.

We need to be looking to finish as high as possible. Top-half should be easily achievable. Then let's just keep racking up the points. I don't think a playoff challenge is realistic, but it's still mathematically possible, so let's chase the dream.

Once the top half is looking secure, maybe start giving youngsters decent runs from the bench. I wonder whether first team minutes might help Fosu and Kuhl rediscover their best form. Keown's the one I'd really like to see play, but I think he's injured.

Keown was on the bench on Tuesday, so unless you mean he's been injured since then...

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 13 Mar 2016 22:06

Well we've been experimenting since January isn't that long enough ?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 13 Mar 2016 22:08

Tails Experimenting when there is an element of risk. Play them know when they know the games mean just a little bit, otherwise it'll be just a glorified u21 game.

Why not ?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 13 Mar 2016 22:45

Because both are able to perform admirably from the deeper holding play-maker position but Norwood looks lost and wasted a bit higher up. But then i think you know this and are making some sort of point that escapes me right now.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 14 Mar 2016 05:20

I don't believe either will be at the club next season and that it doesn't add to the balance of the team having two midfielders sit so deep.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 Mar 2016 12:47

Don't understand this obsession with "playing the kids". I think it's only fans who want this kind of thing.

The idea that the club don't know how good the youth players are until they've seen them get outplayed by seasoned pros is ridiculous - if any of them are good enough to get in the starting XI then they'd be in the matchday squad already.

Personally I have no interest in paying my money to watch half an academy team get beat 3-0.

Play your best team, pick up some momentum, go into next season with a winning mentality not a losing one.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Mar 2016 12:51

^that, the obsession with playing the kids has meant we've ended up with Jake Cooper in central defence

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 14 Mar 2016 13:58

Maguire Don't understand this obsession with "playing the kids". I think it's only fans who want this kind of thing.

The idea that the club don't know how good the youth players are until they've seen them get outplayed by seasoned pros is ridiculous - if any of them are good enough to get in the starting XI then they'd be in the matchday squad already.

Personally I have no interest in paying my money to watch half an academy team get beat 3-0.

Play your best team, pick up some momentum, go into next season with a winning mentality not a losing one.

Definitely 'greed. Those that call for a team full of academy graduates are usually the loudest slagging off Cooper, Hector, Hal, Obita, etc etc.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 14 Mar 2016 14:33

I am not calling for a team full of academy players. Why not just play one or two each week, to see how they get on? Neither do I slag off any of the Reading players, wherever they came from. Yes, the youngsters may make one or two mistakes, but that is the way they learn. Anyway, the "experienced" players can also make mistakes.