How much do you care about the rest of the season?

How much do you give a oxf*rd?

10%
No votes
4%
11%
9%
5%
8%
15%
8%
31%

Total votes: 80
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

How much do you care about the rest of the season?

by CountryRoyal » 15 Mar 2016 22:04

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being how keen you are on a date after not banging in a few weeks and 1 being utterly apathetic.

Realistically safe and after Friday's bottling of our only chance of redeeming this shockingly shit underachievement of a season, how much more do you care about the rest of the season?

Edit: I forgot to add Ian Royal to the poll. If you want to vote for Ian just comment "Ian Royal"
Last edited by CountryRoyal on 15 Mar 2016 22:50, edited 1 time in total.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: How much do you care about the rest of the season?

by Lower West » 15 Mar 2016 22:17

Every game matters.

Footballers should be no different to artists who relentlessly bang out the same tunes at gigs on a 30 date tour.

If the players don't care then they shouldn't be in the team and possibly not even at the club.

Pre-season has started already.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 15 Mar 2016 22:25

CountryRoyal On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being how keen you are on a date after not banging in a few weeks and 1 being utterly apathetic.

Realistically safe and after Friday's bottling of our only chance of redeeming this shockingly shit underachievement of a season, how much more do you care about the rest of the season?

How is being 8 points clear with 9/10 games to play being realistically safe?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Mar 2016 22:29

I care, I want these players to earn their salaries and their futures at the club. Too many have underperformed this season.

I'm not paying my hard earned money to see players who won't put a shift in.

This is pre-season now for next season. Let's get Samuel back from his loan.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Mar 2016 22:32

Yeah I care too - spent my hard earned money and am still spending precious time being bored silly by the dire 'football' on display, not to mention the piss poor results.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 15 Mar 2016 22:35

We must be one of the first clubs ever to sack a manager and the new one is a hundred times worse.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Mar 2016 22:42

windermere_royal
CountryRoyal On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being how keen you are on a date after not banging in a few weeks and 1 being utterly apathetic.

How is being 8 points clear with 9/10 games to play being realistically safe?

Do you realistically see us going down?

:|

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Mar 2016 23:04

howser We must be one of the first clubs ever to sack a manager and the new one is a hundred times worse.

Newcastle ?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 15 Mar 2016 23:25

To be honest, I wasn't overly enthused about much of the season before today either.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Mar 2016 23:26

Lower West
howser We must be one of the first clubs ever to sack a manager and the new one is a hundred times worse.

Newcastle ?

Leeds (repeatedly)

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 16 Mar 2016 01:09

Lower West wrote:
Every game matters.

Footballers should be no different to artists who relentlessly bang out the same tunes at gigs on a 30 date tour.

If the players don't care then they shouldn't be in the team and possibly not even at the club.

Absolutely, with Leicester being a prime example of finishing last season in style, to being where they are now. Even if they did change their gaffer.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Mar 2016 10:00

Lower West Every game matters.

I take it you're not in a band then Lower West?

I don't care about the rest of the season. To echo someone in another thread - this is a carbon copy of last season

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Mar 2016 10:10

I'll be going to the games because I always go. It's a habit. I'll be giving the great manager Brian my full support.

It'll be a nice relaxing way to watch the last few games play out. Have a few beers. Not worry about the result and watch some football.
I'd like to see Brian use this opportunity to experiment with his squad. Give game time to players that rarely get a look in, give our younger boys like Aaron Kuhl an opportunity to shine.

I would be a ruthless mofo and freeze out the lads who are definitely not going to be with us next season. We have to look to next season now and do what is right for the club.

Recall some of our loans who are on the fringes of the first team like Dom Samuel. See how he copes in the Championship. Liburd should come back if he is realistically close to first team standard.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Mar 2016 10:32

I said 6 but I'd change to a 10 if the rest of the season meant more insight like this

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 16 Mar 2016 10:45

Of course I care and want to do well as possible.

Realistically, we are probably safe. If we lose a couple more games and end up staring the bottom three in the face, we have enough quality to get ourselves away from it. However, that is still not good enough from the group of individuals we have - there have been too many players not performing well enough and they need to realise that if they want to be in the starting XI next season (or move on to bigger things, for that matter), they need to be playing well now.

The season's another write off, but we need to try and finish as high as possible so we have something to take into next season.

We also need to back McDermott for next year and beyond, and the club could communicate the 'plan', whatever it may be, so we get a little perspective. I don't mind finishing mid-table if we all know we're looking to build a squad for a couple of seasons' time, so we can challenge then, but we can't keep writing the season off when we get knocked out of the cup and then every year saying 'next season we'll challenge'.

Fewer loans and more permanent acquisitions, and integrating some of the Academy prospects so we can put together a squad that will challenge, coupled with backing the manager for the long-term, might give us some more hope for the next couple of seasons.

If we keep just hoping the cup will save our season, it will only get worse. Put together a plan we can all back and try to get everyone on side, and we are far more likely to get results than if we just try to play it by ear each season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Mar 2016 12:32

The only thing that matters is trying to break the mental acceptance of utter mediocrity we've had for years now.

We've got to try to end the season with a platform of confidence and assurance in our play to build on for next season.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Mar 2016 12:39

I care about as much as our players do.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Mar 2016 12:53

With the distance I have, I'm not too fussed. Can't see the games, so will just look out for the results. If we fail to pick up any points in the next couple of games and the gap suddenly become 4 pts then I may worry but with 6 teams and 8 points between us and 22nd - it is hard to get too excited from here.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Mar 2016 13:47

Top Flight I'll be going to the games because I always go. It's a habit. I'll be giving the great manager Brian my full support.

It'll be a nice relaxing way to watch the last few games play out. Have a few beers. Not worry about the result and watch some football.
I'd like to see Brian use this opportunity to experiment with his squad. Give game time to players that rarely get a look in, give our younger boys like Aaron Kuhl an opportunity to shine.

I would be a ruthless mofo and freeze out the lads who are definitely not going to be with us next season. We have to look to next season now and do what is right for the club.

Recall some of our loans who are on the fringes of the first team like Dom Samuel. See how he copes in the Championship. Liburd should come back if he is realistically close to first team standard.

You obviously have a very loose definition of 'football', given the dire crap that this team, under the great manager McDermott, are producing.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 17 Mar 2016 14:08

Generally, football has always been pretty dire to watch no matter who you're watching.

My mum has never been able to understand why we would all want to watch a bunch of men kick a ball around the pitch for 1 and a half hours in the hope that there might be a goal.

Unless you realign your expectations you're always going to be frustrated.

You need to have a long hard look at yourself Royal Blue and decide what you want out of life.