Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

537 posts
facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Dellor moaning about Vydra again!!!

by facaldaqui » 03 Apr 2016 16:35

CountryRoyal I feel sorry for Vydra.

I feel more sorry for the fans who have to watch a proven goalolol scorerofl fluff chance after chance.

I'm sure he will come good again and go on to have a fairly successful career, but it won't be with us, so for that reason kindly fcuk off you absolute waste man.

We have seen a number of proven goalscorers fluff chance after chance with us recently: Sa, Murray, Sharp, Vydra. Is it something to do with our style of play? Or because we are buying these players past their peak or post injury? Or just coincidence they all laboured? I am not counting YakLOLbu. Or Kermorgant, who has never been lethal.

I would not mind if Brian gets Le Fondre back. He never scored as many as I'd hoped, but if he got chances he did tend to score them. Maybe we need a player like that, even though they might not be as busy outside the area.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Apr 2016 16:53

facaldaqui
CountryRoyal We have seen a number of proven goalscorers fluff chance after chance with us recently: Sa, Murray, Sharp, Vydra. Is it something to do with our style of play?

43 goals in 38 games. Remove Charlton, Ipswich and Brentford (12 goals). That's only 31 in 35 league games.

Hardly surprising the missed chances get over analysed.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 03 Apr 2016 17:56

facaldaqui

I feel more sorry for the fans who have to watch a proven goalolol scorerofl fluff chance after chance.

I'm sure he will come good again and go on to have a fairly successful career, but it won't be with us, so for that reason kindly fcuk off you absolute waste man.

We have seen a number of proven goalscorers fluff chance after chance with us recently: Sa, Murray, Sharp, Vydra. Is it something to do with our style of play? Or because we are buying these players past their peak or post injury? Or just coincidence they all laboured? I am not counting YakLOLbu. Or Kermorgant, who has never been lethal.

I would not mind if Brian gets Le Fondre back. He never scored as many as I'd hoped, but if he got chances he did tend to score them. Maybe we need a player like that, even though they might not be as busy outside the area.

Contrary to this, I thought Murray was EXACTLY the player that would have benifited us if we'd bought him.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 03 Apr 2016 18:58

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
facaldaqui

Contrary to this, I thought Murray was EXACTLY the player that would have benifited us if we'd bought him.

Murray did a lot right, but he, Sharp, and Vydra came with remarkable scoring records, and the hope was they'd do the same playing for us. When Murray went back to Palace, he actually started scoring in the Prem, so I do not think we got the best out of a player who had previously (pre-injury, it must be said) been a machine at this level.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Apr 2016 19:11

facaldaqui
Dr_Hfuhruhurr
facaldaqui

Murray did a lot right, but he, Sharp, and Vydra came with remarkable scoring records, and the hope was they'd do the same playing for us. When Murray went back to Palace, he actually started scoring in the Prem, so I do not think we got the best out of a player who had previously (pre-injury, it must be said) been a machine at this level.

He got 8 league goals in 18 league appearances. That's basically a goal every other game. What more do you expect? :|

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 03 Apr 2016 20:17

Ian Royal
facaldaqui
Dr_Hfuhruhurr

He got 8 league goals in 18 league appearances. That's basically a goal every other game. What more do you expect? :|

I expected him to stay.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Apr 2016 20:20

Just a shame we didn't have an option to buy.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 03 Apr 2016 20:34

Pepe the Horseman Just a shame we didn't have an option to buy.

The reason I thought he might stay is I remember him saying, when he originally signed, that he was open to that. I suppose the reason he went back to Palace was that they said they would use him in the Prem. But having watched his performances, I felt he looked as frustrated as the fans were by the mindless football being played around him

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Apr 2016 21:25

Whatever the result, these days I find it very difficult to get through any more than a few minutes of BBCRB football coverage.

Tweets, fan interviews, Rita, Adi, Tim and just about everything else except for Mick Gooding irritates the shite out of me.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Apr 2016 22:11

facaldaqui
Ian Royal
facaldaqui

I expected him to stay.

Really? Considering how shit we were and the abuse he got at the Birmingham game I expected him to go.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Apr 2016 22:25

Hmmm. Mid-table Championship, or Premier League. It's a toughie.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Apr 2016 22:49

Ian Royal Hmmm. Mid-table Championship, or Premier League. It's a toughie.

It has to be said that there was no guarantee of a place when he went back and he did well to take his chance when he got it.

That being said, prem squad player >>>>> battling relegation in the championship.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 04 Apr 2016 08:00

facaldaqui
I expected him to stay.

Well we did rather stitch ourselves up with the loan deal we gave him. We just got him fit for Palace. We would have had to buy him up front and when he was unfit, and even I'll admit that would have been a bit of a punt.

What I liked about Murray was that he wanted to win, he wanted to score, he often took a shot and could create things on his own. Sometimes I read on here that some strikers (Pogrebnayak, in particular, but also Vydra now) cant score because the rest of the team can't create anything for them. But, we have had a striker in the past few years who can put in a good performance, regardless of who he is playing with. This suggests to me that one of the main reasons that we've struggled with strikers in the last few years, is that the strikers we've used just aren't that good.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Apr 2016 08:49

Royal Rother Whatever the result, these days I find it very difficult to get through any more than a few minutes of BBCRB football coverage.

Tweets, fan interviews, Rita, Adi, Tim and just about everything else except for Mick Gooding irritates the shite out of me.
still better than the alternative tho'

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Apr 2016 09:36

Firstly, there's no doubt that Vdyra has, overall, been a flop and a disappointment. On the whole, IMO, he's played pretty well and consistently but he just hasn't scored the goals that a player of his ability should have done and ultimately that's why we paid what we did for him.

However, Dellor's coverage of Vdyra is embarrassing for a professional sports journalist and sums up exactly what is now wrong with BBCRB's reporting of all things Reading FC. As the lead journalist and commentator Dellor should be relatively impartial and factual, obviously with some understandable bias towards the club because the audience is 99% Reading fans, but he gets far too close and far too personal which means it becomes all about his opinions as opposed to those of Mick and Ady who are paid to be the experts.

The way Dellor jumps on Vydra's short comings but not those of others, or how he gives some players (or managers) an easy ride isn't conducive to good broadcasting.

Basically, as others have said, Dellor has turned into the worst of our over-indulged new fans with heightened expectations and a distinct lack of patience. He's the ultimate team-boarder.

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 04 Apr 2016 09:58

Hoop Blah Firstly, there's no doubt that Vdyra has, overall, been a flop and a disappointment. On the whole, IMO, he's played pretty well and consistently but he just hasn't scored the goals that a player of his ability should have done and ultimately that's why we paid what we did for him.

However, Dellor's coverage of Vdyra is embarrassing for a professional sports journalist and sums up exactly what is now wrong with BBCRB's reporting of all things Reading FC. As the lead journalist and commentator Dellor should be relatively impartial and factual, obviously with some understandable bias towards the club because the audience is 99% Reading fans, but he gets far too close and far too personal which means it becomes all about his opinions as opposed to those of Mick and Ady who are paid to be the experts.

The way Dellor jumps on Vydra's short comings but not those of others, or how he gives some players (or managers) an easy ride isn't conducive to good broadcasting.

Basically, as others have said, Dellor has turned into the worst of our over-indulged new fans with heightened expectations and a distinct lack of patience. He's the ultimate team-boarder.

Smack on. Dealer is poor and one of the new breed of journalist that wants to create the news,
pushing for managers to be sacked, pushing for players to be dropped, trying to cause a ruck
between managers and players, players and journal, journals and managers.

And of course it has an effect. Listen to the phone-ins and here numpty after numpty
say the same things about Player X and Y that Dellor did in the game.

I don't expect journalists to kow-tow to management but there's a difference
between a polite question and trying to cause embarrassment.

Let's say, for simplicity that McDermott can see a future for Vydra, like he stuck with Long
maybe get him for 3M and next season starting afresh (still young) he could get 25 league goals...

You think Vydra doesn't know what the clown Dellor says (and the MANNER in which he says it)?

What if such vehemence was enough to stop a player signing?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 04 Apr 2016 10:19

Snowball136
Hoop Blah Firstly, there's no doubt that Vdyra has, overall, been a flop and a disappointment. On the whole, IMO, he's played pretty well and consistently but he just hasn't scored the goals that a player of his ability should have done and ultimately that's why we paid what we did for him.

Smack on. Dealer is poor and one of the new breed of journalist that wants to create the news,
pushing for managers to be sacked, pushing for players to be dropped, trying to cause a ruck
between managers and players, players and journal, journals and managers.

And of course it has an effect. Listen to the phone-ins and here numpty after numpty
say the same things about Player X and Y that Dellor did in the game.

I don't expect journalists to kow-tow to management but there's a difference
between a polite question and trying to cause embarrassment.

Let's say, for simplicity that McDermott can see a future for Vydra, like he stuck with Long
maybe get him for 3M and next season starting afresh (still young) he could get 25 league goals...

You think Vydra doesn't know what the clown Dellor says (and the MANNER in which he says it)?

What if such vehemence was enough to stop a player signing?

Then I'd say if he was that mentally feeble he's not someone I'd want to sign anyway.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 04 Apr 2016 10:51

Vydra has been a massive failure. He was signed to score goals, not to be a lovely bloke, not for his intricate passes that no one can anticipate, not for his running around. Goals.

If you hire a plumber who is useless at plumbing do you keep them on because they are brilliant as a gardener whilst your living room floods?

Do you retain a forward who cannot score even the simplest of opportunities because he's a lovely fella and put a rally good tackle in a few months ago?

As for Dellor - what do you want; no opinion, no commentary, just an impartial recitation of facts?

You may also note, when he goes off on one he often asks for Mick's opinion to check he's not talking rubbish. Gooding usually backs him up - and if he thinks Tim is wrong, he'll tell him so, and Dellor will accept it. What more do you want?

Mind you, Adie and Rita get right on my tits

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Apr 2016 11:05

Fans have a right to criticise players and commentators.

A good commentator gives a commentary of what is happening based on their observations so that those listening can form their own opinions, They do not force their opinions on those listening.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Apr 2016 11:10

Forbury Lion Fans have a right to criticise players and commentators.

A good commentator gives a commentary of what is happening based on their observations so that those listening can form their own opinions, They do not force their opinions on those listening.

An interesting commentator will give an opinion. Tim can be over the top but given the regularity of Vydra missing gilt edged opportunities it's not surprising it's reached silly proportions.

Hoping there'll be a Vydra hat-trick coming our way shortly to shut Mr Dellor up...

537 posts