Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIRMED Danzell Gravenberch

by Sanguine » 25 May 2016 13:40

Pronunciation check on Gravenberch?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Danzell Gravenberch

by maffff » 25 May 2016 13:54

floyd__streete Oh good, a bloke who can't even command a regular place in a struggling Dutch 2nd division side :|

Wasn't the ultimate deity Jimmy Kebe somewhat struggling in the second french league after being farmed out on loan?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 25 May 2016 13:55

Tony Le Mesmer "he is a player capable of playing in various positions" = he's equally shit wherever he plays.

Ajax got rid. He spent 2 years playing in Romania. BM basically had no say in the signing.

Chances of him being even half successful here? Name your price.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cheer up, ffs

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 May 2016 13:56

Tony Le Mesmer "he is a player capable of playing in various positions" = he's equally shit wherever he plays.

Ajax got rid. He spent 2 years playing in Romania. BM basically had no say in the signing.

Weren't people just as sceptical over Deniss as an owners signing? Seems to have the right attitude. Kind of player I like to see us taking a punt on.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 May 2016 13:58

Hoop Blah At least it's recommended to us by someone employed at the club to find new talent, it's not just the brother of the bloke who coaches the kids.

Yeah, what a pile of shit those Irish lads turned out to be.

bluerinse

by bluerinse » 25 May 2016 14:01

Another signing our manager has no say in .What next a signing suggested by the supporters? Suggestions on a post card to the club please.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 25 May 2016 14:10

One8Seven1*
Hoop Blah Sounds like an interesting mix as he's a centre back who can play as a holding midfielder but also played upfront and on the wing only a few years back.

Doesn't look like your typical centre back from these couple of youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy1hlO-G9oM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUks6UTfvq8

Touch of the Ian Harte's about him too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51qfta83nSk

A Jack of all trades, master on none. McDermott was very quick to say this player was brought to our attention by Tav.. Play it safe just in case he's shit!

Totaalvoetball.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 25 May 2016 14:11

maffff

Weren't people just as sceptical over Deniss as an owners signing? Seems to have the right attitude. Kind of player I like to see us taking a punt on.

You think Deniss has been a good signing :shock: Puts in a shift i'll give you that. The bloke is talentless by championship standards. About as gifted as Andy Hughes.

This isn't a punt on some youngster that might come good. Reykells and this chap are what we are building a squad with. oh, and loans. Don't get your hopes up too much.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 May 2016 14:14

maffff
Hoop Blah At least it's recommended to us by someone employed at the club to find new talent, it's not just the brother of the bloke who coaches the kids.

Yeah, what a pile of shit those Irish lads turned out to be.

Exactly.

we have people at the club who's job it is to go and find players. That's what they've done and then we had this guy on trial and then signed him.

It seems people are immediately negative about him because of it when in reality it's just how the world works.

So far there's nothing to suggest McDermott hasn't signed off on the guy but, even if he hasn't, that's pretty much how things are working in this day and age so we probably have to just accept that. It seems McDermott accepted it when he agreed to come back and pretty much said as much when we signed Rakels.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 25 May 2016 14:18

yes

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 25 May 2016 14:24

According to one of your videos, his nickname is the beast.

Who was the last beast we had? Was it Manset? He turned out alright for us. Good to have another beast in the camp.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 25 May 2016 14:34

I know nothing whatsoever about him, so I will reserve judgement until I see him play.

Coming through the ranks at Ajax is not to be sniffed at and he should have a good footballing brain. He's also got the physique for the English game so that will work in his favour.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 25 May 2016 14:53

Nominal fee paid. Not a free transfer. The wallet has been opened and there is still some loose change.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 25 May 2016 14:54

With that physique he certainly shouldn't have a problem with the physical aspect of the game

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 25 May 2016 15:12

Terrible thread - at least get the spelling right! Since when were deals confirmed on here? They've always been confimred!

photographer

by photographer » 25 May 2016 15:40

bluerinse Another signing our manager has no say in .What next a signing suggested by the supporters? Suggestions on a post card to the club please.

Calm down, Brian's scouting network only extends as far as who we play in the FA cup. I'd rather these kinds of players than Brian's Blackmans or Hope Akpans from League 1 teams we're drawn against.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 May 2016 16:52

Well nice to see us moving quickly. Starting off with a nice underwhelming, so no-one expects anything of him, signing.

Once he was linked with Liverpool and Manchester United - hoping that was when they were good....

Nothing to lose with this one so good luck to him hope he turns out to be the next Sonko

Can't help hoping the signings get a little bit better in terms of profile though.

JIM

by JIM » 25 May 2016 16:55

1 down only 10 more to go. :D :D :D

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 May 2016 16:59

TBM He's big
He's black
He plays at centre back
Dan-zell, Dan-zell

Crux

by Crux » 25 May 2016 17:00

Given the guy was on trial for a while giving Brian a chance to run the rule over him, I assume he gave the go ahead. I would be more concerned if he just turned up like our useless Latvian forward.

Brian needs to be in charge here. Very dangerous to have someone picking players for him when he's trying to build a team ethos and attitude. I don't mind people suggesting players as long as Brian has the final say.

124 posts