BFTG Birmingham

176 posts
Dixeyroyal

Re: BFTG Birmingham

by Dixeyroyal » 12 Apr 2016 09:38

Maneki Neko
Dixeyroyal
RoyalJames101
He must be tactically inept to have saved us from relegation, taken us to a PO final, 2 FA cup quarter finals & winning the Championship.

Your still missing the point....... I do not deny any of his past achievements but (as everyone keeps reminding us) we cant live in the past and nothing I have seen so far convinces me that he can replicate any past achievements.
I keep being reminded of how good he used to be, BUT..... I am interested in what happens now and it worries me that he still hasnt got a talented group of players playing together. I find his tactics baffling and his lack of plan B quite frightening.

The inept tactics that won previous two?
No plan B,like going 3 at the back?oe 433, or 4diamond2

Think before posting

F--k me, how stupid am I, I nearly forgot that "The Messiah" managed to win 2 games in a row with different tactics, Hodgson must be shitting himself now with McDermott around.

You may also want to check your spelling & grammar before posting, it just makes you look a TWAT otherwise!

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 12 Apr 2016 10:07

Dixeyroyal
Maneki Neko
Dixeyroyal
Your still missing the point....... I do not deny any of his past achievements but (as everyone keeps reminding us) we cant live in the past and nothing I have seen so far convinces me that he can replicate any past achievements.
I keep being reminded of how good he used to be, BUT..... I am interested in what happens now and it worries me that he still hasnt got a talented group of players playing together. I find his tactics baffling and his lack of plan B quite frightening.

Think before posting

F--k me, how stupid am I, I nearly forgot that "The Messiah" managed to win 2 games in a row with different tactics, Hodgson must be shitting himself now with McDermott around.

You may also want to check your spelling & grammar before posting, it just makes you look a TWAT otherwise!

nope, but your daft pedantry does.
There is a question mark missing after 'how stupid am I', & a full stop missing after tactics.
and lol at getting all sweary and upset.

you say inept tactics, but the previous two games employed the exact same tactics( 4 diamond2, wing backs, narrow central midfield, two strikers) and we looked very good, playing some lovely football at times and dominating both games. im not saying that winning two games is amazing, im just saying that the tactics you bemoan are what won us those games.

I see you also fail to rebut the plan B comments I made.

if youre going to spout utter nonsense, expect to get called on it

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Apr 2016 10:27

Overreaction and melodrama from Reading fans is off the charts nowadays.

I would just like us to experience a game for what it is and not sit down and analyse the history of the club and the manager and the owners every time we have a poor performance. It's exhausting. If we were on a losing streak of 5 or 6 games then I would understand a bit of hysteria and starting to look at the manager. But we've lost 3 Championship games in the last 11, winning more than we've lost, and aren't even close the bottom of the form table.

I grant that Saturday was bad, Brian got his tactics wrong in my opinion and the players didn't turn up, but that's about it. It happens in a league like the Championship. Even then you can understand why he didn't want to change it having just notched 6 points with that line-up. Birmingham also did a job on us and put in a great away performance led by a good manager.

Chill the fcuk out, let's see the season out and look at what happens in the summer.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Apr 2016 10:28

genome Overreaction and melodrama from Reading fans is off the charts nowadays.

I would just like us to experience a game for what it is and not sit down and analyse the history of the club and the manager and the owners every time we have a poor performance. It's exhausting. If we were on a losing streak of 5 or 6 games then I would understand a bit of hysteria and starting to look at the manager. But we've lost 3 Championship games in the last 11, winning more than we've lost, and aren't even close the bottom of the form table.

I grant that Saturday was bad, Brian got his tactics wrong in my opinion and the players didn't turn up, but that's about it. It happens in a league like the Championship. Even then you can understand why he didn't want to change it having just notched 6 points with that line-up. Birmingham also did a job on us and put in a great away performance led by a good manager.

Chill the fcuk out, let's see the season out and look at what happens in the summer.

Amen!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Apr 2016 11:15

Yep pretty much, the tactics didn't work Saturday and we looked rubbish, Brian tried to change it and we improved in the 2nd half but the game had already been lost, Birmingham don't concede a lot of goals and they never did look like conceding on Saturday and were very organised at seeing out the 2-0 win.

Hopefully a better performance tonight even if we do end up losing to a strong Boro, besides it would help keep Brighton out of the Prem.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 12 Apr 2016 11:25

Stop! You're not allowed to talk sense on here!

We're doomed remember!

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 12 Apr 2016 12:13

Personally, I'm wallowing in a world on meh at the moment.

Roll on next season.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 12 Apr 2016 13:04

RoyalJames101

Stop! You're not allowed to talk sense on here!

We're doomed remember!

Seconded. Fold the club and publicly execute all the players and staff.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Apr 2016 13:05

Nearly every week there's an 'overreaction' on here. It must tell you something. Things aren't improving at all.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Apr 2016 13:19

Or we are supported by a bunch of helmets :?:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 12 Apr 2016 14:28

Royal With Cheese Personally, I'm wallowing in a world on meh at the moment.

Roll on next season.

No idea why anybody is paying the slightest bit of attention to this season anymore - it ended the night Palace beat us.

And I'll never understand the ire directed at Brian McDermott, totally mindless.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 12 Apr 2016 17:10

genome Or we are supported by a bunch of helmets :?:

The truth lies in the above statement.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 12 Apr 2016 17:25

No Fixed Abode Nearly every week there's an 'overreaction' on here. It must tell you something. Things aren't improving at all.

yeah, every week. & its you overreacting :lol:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Apr 2016 13:56

P!ssed Off Don't think Dobson got a medal for his one game. In which case Sigurdsson did achieve more than him.

He did. In both Championshi-winning seasons, we gave medals to everyone who played and was still at the club.

Believe his head is poking up behind Harper here. If not then it's Cox, who also only played about one game.

Either way you'd be a fool to argue Dobson actually achieved more than Sigurdsson. One of them scored goals, the other was in the right place at the right time.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Apr 2016 12:55

genome Anyone else spot the helmet in Y25 sporting a Reading shirt with "Yaya Toure" on the back?

I despair, sometimes I really do.

Just bumping this as I found a pic

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 14 Apr 2016 15:26

Dixeyroyal
Maneki Neko
Dixeyroyal

Think before posting

Dixey(?) Royal sounds like a nice chap

176 posts