Re: Thais OUT!!!!!!!!

by bluerinse » 02 May 2016 14:48

how much have you had to drink?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 May 2016 17:19

RG7Fan Oh joy - we have 4 months of this ...

New season starts in 3.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 02 May 2016 18:56

Lower West

New season starts in 3.

Window closes in 4 though doesn't it?

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 02 May 2016 19:16

Top Flight is so far up McDermott's arse it's a wonder he can see the light of day!

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 02 May 2016 19:41

Don't understand the negativity. Invested a lot in the summer and again in January, can't blame the owners for the poor results.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 02 May 2016 19:54

lightning strikes Don't understand the negativity. Invested a lot in the summer and again in January, can't blame the owners for the poor results.

Agree with this. I was also guilty of barracking BMcD a few weeks back, but the more I've seen Burnley play these past few weeks, having faith and sticking by their manager once relegated and bouncing back at the first time of asking, it's only fair we allow Brian to right his wrongful dismissal the first time.

The Thais backed Clarke tremendously. I have a sneaking suspicion if Brian identifies his cheap buys, they'll throw a few recommendations through the dof, whoever that may be in a few weeks time; and jointly we may be looking at a far stronger squad able to compete with the rough and tumble of championship football next year. Much like burnleys squad. I feel the likes of McShane & Quinn will be big players for us doing that.

We can but be positive. Roll on next season I say.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 May 2016 21:02

royalp-we
lightning strikes Don't understand the negativity. Invested a lot in the summer and again in January, can't blame the owners for the poor results.

Agree with this. I was also guilty of barracking BMcD a few weeks back, but the more I've seen Burnley play these past few weeks, having faith and sticking by their manager once relegated and bouncing back at the first time of asking, it's only fair we allow Brian to right his wrongful dismissal the first time.

The Thais backed Clarke tremendously. I have a sneaking suspicion if Brian identifies his cheap buys, they'll throw a few recommendations through the dof, whoever that may be in a few weeks time; and jointly we may be looking at a far stronger squad able to compete with the rough and tumble of championship football next year. Much like burnleys squad. I feel the likes of McShane & Quinn will be big players for us doing that.

You've written some anti BM posts in the past that I've disagreed with but I applaud your more considered viewpoint
now.

I had the same thought as Burnley got promoted today.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 02 May 2016 21:22

MR. CYNICAL Top Flight is so far up McDermott's arse it's a wonder he can see the light of day!

Well I'm going to enjoy it when Brian is successful. Maybe you won't.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 02 May 2016 22:56

leon
royalp-we

You've written some anti BM posts in the past that I've disagreed with but I applaud your more considered viewpoint
now.

I had the same thought as Burnley got promoted today.

Heat of the moment and all that :D It's not been impressive by any stretch - but Brian deserves a clean slate and pre season to have a real go of getting this club back on track.

The Thais have done little wrong thus far IMO. im quite happy they are quietly going about their business, I'm not too sure what people are expecting them to say at this stage of the season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 May 2016 22:58

I think they're expecting a twice weekly announcement that they're going to pour unfathomable millions into the club and that they have no interest in ever seeing a return on their money.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 May 2016 23:28

RG7Fan
Lower West

New season starts in 3.

Window closes in 4 though doesn't it?

I would hope that the core of squad is in place by the start.

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 02 May 2016 23:57

Maybe Leicester's remarkable achievement in winning the Premiership and the amount of interest it has generated in Thailand, will have a knock on effect for Reading and encourage the owners to invest this summer :?:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 03 May 2016 00:00

Steve_Upper_West Maybe Leicester's remarkable achievement in winning the Premiership and the amount of interest it has generated in Thailand, will have a knock on effect for Reading and encourage the owners to invest this summer :?:

We can hope.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 May 2016 17:28

Leicester City's Thai owners had a bit of a shaky start too and got through a few managers - 4 years later they won promotion to the Premier League, 2 years after that Premier League Champions.

Our Thai owners have already given us more than the former owner, Anton Zingaravich and it's not as if we have anyone else lined up ready to throw money at the club, Sir John won't be back, he had 49% share last time, this time he has nothing to lose.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 May 2016 17:34

Steve_Upper_West Maybe Leicester's remarkable achievement in winning the Premiership and the amount of interest it has generated in Thailand, will have a knock on effect for Reading and encourage the owners to invest this summer :?:

Already being in the Premier League has a considerablwe impact on finances.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 04 May 2016 09:44

This thread is a bigger joke than our season.

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 05 May 2016 12:13

Now they bring in a Thai Monk to bless the club! Seriously, cringeworthy songs, interfering with the away kit when one was just beginning production, priests.. what else? Why can't they stop with the nonsense and just focus on running the football club?

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 05 May 2016 13:28

Ravel
Crux Just Fukc off, I have supported you but this club just doesn't feel right anymore.

Hammond knows what's going on. They want a toy and property.

Brian has had a shocker too. :arrow:

Get out your cheque book, buy the club, finance it, develop the training facilities, work on (and pay for) a plan to develop the land around the stadium, fund transers, singing on fees, agent fees and wages for new players, and everything that comes with owning a football club yourself or piss off.

This attitude is nearly as bad as the one in the original post. Are you suggesting the Blackpool fans can't complain about the Oystons as they've never owned a club?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 06 May 2016 11:05

One8Seven1* Now they bring in a Thai Monk to bless the club! Seriously, cringeworthy songs, interfering with the away kit when one was just beginning production, priests.. what else? Why can't they stop with the nonsense and just focus on running the football club?

Same Thai monk as regularly blessed Leicester, I should add.